Persona 4 Golden now available on Steam (Regular $20, Digital Deluxe $25)

I would have bought a Vita TV just for the game, but I never got around to it, so this fit the bill.  When I sold my Vita, I kept my P4G cart, cuz I got my 100+ hours out of it.

The nice thing is that it's been long enough and had P5 after it that I don't quite remember everything in P4, so it's semi-new again.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:58 AM, Spork3245 said:

I’ve never played Persona before. Is this a good starting point or should I wait for 5 to eventually release?

Just get Royal now, yo. I'm 75 hours in after spending around 100 on the base game. No regrets.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Out of my price range, also you’re too late :p 

Plus I want something on PC to play via streaming on my tablet.

Gotcha.

After you're done with 4, probably do some palette cleanser of a game and get then Royal if you can. It was my first Persona, and now I'm interested in the series from here on out. Kinda been the story for me this gen with several big Japanese franchises: I never paid much attention to Resident Evil, Persona or Yakuza, and now I'm all like, "Insert into veins."

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Gotcha.

After you're done with 4, probably do some palette cleanser of a game and get then Royal if you can. It was my first Persona, and now I'm interested in the series from here on out. Kinda been the story for me this gen with several big Japanese franchises: I never paid much attention to Resident Evil, Persona or Yakuza, and now I'm all like, "Insert into veins."

If it comes to PC I’ll get it :dab:

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

all this talk of P4G made me want to play...so for the first time in 7 or 8 years I dug around for the power cord and fired up my PS Vita....and then instead of playing Person 4, I ended up starting P3P 

I definitely hope P5 scramble comes out here in the states 

Yeah if we get P5 Scramble then you can finally try P4 Arena!

22 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah if we get P5 Scramble then you can finally try P4 Arena!

nah... not a huge fighter fan. :p  And yes I realize my comment about wanting P5S seems odd...as well as my comment about start P3P, but I was honestly just shocked to see I had P3P on my Vita. It had been so long since I'd used the thing I honestly didn't remember even buying it digitally. I knew I had it on PSP disc. Hell I now realize I bought that game 4 times, original, PSP, fes and then PSP digital. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 5:55 AM, Xbob42 said:

This thing must be doing really well. It's already over 4,000 reviews. According to some basic Googling, I've seen a Steam dev or two claim that between 40 and 100 purchases per review is extremely normal. That's between 160k on the low end and 400k on the high end (obviously I have no idea if it falls on either end or is being reviewed abnormally highly or lowly) on day 1. For Atlus, I think that constitutes some damn good sales on an 11 year old product, 8 for Golden specifically.

Well as of July 12th it had sold 500,000 copies, at that time the review count was at roughly 20,344...

Using 40-100 purchases per review, that gives us 813,760 copies to 2 million copies, so it looks like this one had a fairly high amount of reviews per copy sold, but still did really well regardless. I find information like this really useful. I had wondered whether it being a game people were already immensely familiar with would affect the amount of reviews it would receive, encouraging people to review it who normally don't.