Forspoken (PS5/PC) - Information Thread, update: "In Tanta We Trust" (post-main game DLC) gameplay reveal trailer (May 26 release)

On 3/7/2022 at 11:28 AM, Xbob42 said:

Make sure your game isn't a piece of shit BEFORE you announce a release date and then you never have to release an embarrassing jpeg talking about how you want to "get the quality right."

Yep, like seriously, theres no way that a 6 month delay is going to be enough to make what I saw look great. That seems like it might take a rework of wholw areas of the game and gameplay.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

15 does not look better than 7r. 15 is one of the most bland and boring looking games SE has ever made, imo. 

Of everything they showed, I think the Diofield Chronicles is definitely the most appealing to me.

I played FF15 Royal Edition maxed out on PC and I played FF7R maxed out on PC and Unreal Engine 4/4.5 doesn't hold a candle to Luminous Engine, particularly in character movement and backgrounds IMO.

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I played FF15 Royal Edition maxed out on PC and I played FF7R maxed out on PC and Unreal Engine 4/4.5 doesn't hold a candle to Luminous Engine, particularly in character movement and backgrounds IMO.

Ive played both on PC and PS5, and frankly, I don't see what you're seeing. I think 15 has always looked bad, and sparse. The ps4 version of 7r, sure, it looked terrible (so did 15 though), but the ps5 version of 7 looks amazing. 

I also think its one of the worst games in the FF series, only surpassed by XIII. 

• Thanks 1

15 had some stand-out moments, particularly with the summons, but most of it was just ugly bland environments and characters I found annoying to look at. I don't think the Luminous Engine had anything special about "character movement," I think FF15 just took so fucking long they spent a really long time on the animations. Unless you meant character movement as in actually controlling the player, which I found to be horrible in FF15.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Ive played both on PC and PS5, and frankly, I don't see what you're seeing. I think 15 has always looked bad, and sparse. The ps4 version of 7r, sure, it looked terrible (so did 15 though), but the ps5 version of 7 looks amazing. 

I also think its one of the worst games in the FF series, only surpassed by XIII. 

52 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

15 had some stand-out moments, particularly with the summons, but most of it was just ugly bland environments and characters I found annoying to look at. I don't think the Luminous Engine had anything special about "character movement," I think FF15 just took so fucking long they spent a really long time on the animations. Unless you meant character movement as in actually controlling the player, which I found to be horrible in FF15.

I meant like, the animations of the characters, they seemed more fully animated than most. I don't know what to say, my youngest brother played both and he agreed that Luminous > Unreal Engine. I'm not saying FF7R looks bad, but I definitely felt FF15 was a much bigger, more fully realized, real open world and the NPC's all looked much better in 15 than in FF7R to me, and I believe they finally fixed it but those matte backgrounds in some places looked awful in FF7R. I liked a lot of FF15 (except how the story just falls apart/incomplete) so maybe that's just me.

Not saying Forspoken will be good, just preferring the graphics engine is all.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh man, this was set to come out on my birthday! I'm not sure whether or not it will be a good game, but its the first PC game with Direct Storage, so if nothing else it will be a tech demo for my PC! 

The original release date or the second one?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Clearly this game can't hang with Star Ocean: The Divine Force, Valkyrie Elysium, and the Crisis Core and Live a Live remakes.  So they were forced to delay it.

:p

This game is so weird. I still honestly don't know what it is yet.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Forspoken (24 January 2023) - Information Thread, update: release postponed to 24 January 2023
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Have you not watched the trailers for the game? Yeah that's her voice and all the dialogue is about that cringey. :p

Maybe, I don't have an internal database of trailers I clicked on in the past year, Mr. Soze. If I did, I probably erased it from my memory because it sucks ass.

• True 1

Being the outlier that I am, I kind of like her voice and dialogue. It seems intentionally silly the way that she nonchalantly reacts to things in such a fantastical situation, and I laughed when she said that she was talking to a cuff. The game doesn’t appear to be taking itself too seriously, and with how messed up everything is right now I don’t have a problem with that in my video games.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Being the outlier that I am, I kind of like her voice and dialogue. It seems intentionally silly the way that she nonchalantly reacts to things in such a fantastical situation, and I laughed when she said that she was talking to a cuff. The game doesn’t appear to be taking itself too seriously, and with how messed up everything is right now I don’t have a problem with that in my video games.

This isn't any cornier than the bazillion other games that try to be edgy... give you one guess why THIS one is being singled out :hmm:

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I honestly expected FAR worse from the voiceover.

Hell, I'd be at pains to tell the difference between the overall tone of her voiceover and that of Nathan Drake or your average MCU character.

Right??? When I heard the reaction to the voice over I was expecting REALLY cringey shit. This sounds like the same quippy, smart alecky self aware dialogue I've been hearing since Joss Whedon popularized the style during the Buffy days. 

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Right??? When I heard the reaction to the voice over I was expecting REALLY cringey shit. This sounds like the same quippy, smart alecky self aware dialogue I've been hearing since Joss Whedon popularized the style during the Buffy days. 

Which I will freely admit that I'm goddamned sick and tired of hearing, regardless of whose mouth from which it emerges :p

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Which I will freely admit that I'm goddamned sick and tired of hearing, regardless of whose mouth from which it emerges :p

Exactly. Just because another game did it or someone else did it doesn't change the fact that it is what it is and I don't want to hear it. :p

On 7/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, stepee said:

Kinda crazy that next year this comes out then a few months later FF16, then a few months later FFR2. I’m thinking FFR2 is at least 50% likely to slip to 24. They seem to be almost crowding themselves.

It was probably always 2024. "Winter" is always fiscal winter, and they didn't say 23, just next winter. 

On 8/11/2022 at 10:50 AM, crispy4000 said:

I'm not surprised with Amy Hening.

Her brand of cheese mixed with fantasy could only work if this was a Willow game.

From what Gary Whitta said, I thought he and Henig were only involved in the basic lore and world creation myth, but nothing to do with the actual story or development.

I don't mind the corny dialog, as long as it isn't constant. Aloy never shutting up grated on me badly.

• 2 weeks later...