Forspoken (PS5/PC) - Information Thread, update: "In Tanta We Trust" (post-main game DLC) gameplay reveal trailer (May 26 release)

I finally got the last big movement agility here in the post game. Drove me nuts, because there’s like a bunch of ways you could approach the area you need to get to but they all have invisible walls blocking you from getting to this side of the world layout besides one specific route through a couple doors. It’s completely arbitrary and it’s frustrating that there’s no clear indication what rules the movement here operates by.

I did want to say that besides Frey I enjoyed the story overall as well. I thought it did some interesting things with the usual video game tropes and overall I liked it more than most jrpg stories.

I really like how Frey didn’t blindly just start killing people without second guessing it and never really becomes that way. They do much better at handling that than usual. I’m kind of side eyeing a lot of the narrative criticism.

Game structure and world layout are the biggest faults in this one.

I feel like there could be a much better sequel to this where Frey starts out all proper super hero and it goes from there and a less restrictive world design etc it’s too bad there never will be one.

I like there being another studio that does games this style so I hope Luminous Productions doesn’t shut down but I have a feeling sales aren’t going to be great here.

• True 1

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Forspoken (PS5/PC) - Information Thread, update: "In Tanta We Trust" (post-main game DLC) gameplay reveal trailer (May 26 release)