Hitman 3 - Information Thread, update: "Ambrose Island" Location Reveal Trailer

Ah well...it appears that Hitman 3 just became a 2022 release for me.

pidTfVbKjjKe9MX7mwHzE-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Owners of the first two games were supposed to get maps from those games free, but on PC, that'll only work with Hitman 1.

H3_Preview_Dubai_ServerRoom.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Players who own Hitman 2 on Steam can’t ‘seamlessly’ import locations from it and Hitman 1

So just so I’m clear. If I’ve never played either of the first two games but want to. I should buy them both on the PS Store. But don’t download them. Because they’ll be included in 3 as long as I own the first two already. And the DL size of all 3 is way smaller if I do it through H3 than if I DL’d them all individually?

Is that right?

50 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

So just so I’m clear. If I’ve never played either of the first two games but want to. I should buy them both on the PS Store. But don’t download them. Because they’ll be included in 3 as long as I own the first two already. And the DL size of all 3 is way smaller if I do it through H3 than if I DL’d them all individually?

Is that right?

That's essentially correct as stated in this ludicrously extensive "Pre-Launch Guide".

Dubai_Location.jpg
WWW.IOI.DK

Everything you need to know about HITMAN 3's launch, including how to carryover your progression from HITMAN 2 and when you can start playing!

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol so I bought 1 and 2 on PS Store since they were like $10. Then it gives me the option to download like 10 things for each game. I’m so god damn overwhelmed and confused trying to get into this franchise lol. 

They released a lot of free stuff with these games. Just start from the begining and you'll be good. Each level is so replayable with all of the different ways you can take out a target.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol so I bought 1 and 2 on PS Store since they were like $10. Then it gives me the option to download like 10 things for each game. I’m so god damn overwhelmed and confused trying to get into this franchise lol. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They released a lot of free stuff with these games. Just start from the begining and you'll be good. Each level is so replayable with all of the different ways you can take out a target.

Also you can ignore even firing up 1 because it's all in 2.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also you can ignore even firing up 1 because it's all in 2.

I downloaded 1 and 2 about 2 weeks ago on the psn. I had to first open Hitman 1 and register for the free IO account so that it links the first game to your account. Then upon firing up H2 it put me right into the first level with the house on the beach. You might be able to exit out of that to get to the main menu. I just played through it before finally getting to the main menu,where I registered H2 to my IO account. Then I was able to download the Legacy Hitman 1 levels so they appear in Hitman 2. THEN I was able to delete Hitman 1 from my PS5. It sadly isn't as clear or easy as some might think. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I downloaded 1 and 2 about 2 weeks ago on the psn. I had to first open Hitman 1 and register for the free IO account so that it links the first game to your account. Then upon firing up H2 it put me right into the first level with the house on the beach. You might be able to exit out of that to get to the main menu. I just played through it before finally getting to the main menu,where I registered H2 to my IO account. Then I was able to download the Legacy Hitman 1 levels so they appear in Hitman 2. THEN I was able to delete Hitman 1 from my PS5. It sadly isn't as clear or easy as some might think. 

THANK YOU

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 (January 2021) - Information Thread, update: Official Launch Trailer

Game Information

Game Title: Hitman 3

Platforms:

• Nintendo Switch (Jan 20, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jan 20, 2021)
  • Xbox One (Jan 20, 2021)
  • Google Stadia (Jan 20, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (Jan 20, 2021)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Jan 20, 2021)

Publisher: IO Interactive

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 86 average - 94% recommended

Critic Reviews

Attack of the Fanboy - 5 / 5 stars

Hitman 3 is the ultimate murder simulator. Now that the World of Assassination trilogy is finally complete, there's no excuse to not play Hitman. In order to truly appreciate the game's intricacies, you have to commit to replaying levels, attempting challenges, and testing out new strategies. However, if you put in the time, you'll be treated to one of the most engaging and rewarding stealth experiences in all of gaming.

EGM - 10 / 10

Hitman 3 is a fantastic capstone to a standout series. Yes, a lot of what you experience will seem familiar if you've played the last two games, but IO Interactive continues to take interesting risks that largely play off while still perfecting the elements that make Hitman so special. The best compliment I can pay Hitman 3 is that I want to finish writing this review so I can go back to playing it.

GameSpace - 10 / 10

Hitman 3 is an incredible conclusion to The World of Assassination trilogy that ends the rebooted adventure of Agent 47 with flawless gameplay, creative maps, and strong story-telling that reveals more info for players that want to know more. Hitman 3 is the best single-player tactical game with a third-person view that you've probably played in years.

GamesBeat - 5 / 5 stars

Hitman is a world made up entirely of Chekhov’s guns, and it’s a blast finding out how to get Agent 47 into position to pull the trigger.

MonsterVine - 5 / 5

Hitman 3 is a phenomenal closer to what has been an excellent trilogy in a series I hold dear.

Rapid Reviews UK - 5 / 5 stars

Hitman 3 is the latest game in the long-running Hitman series. Hitman 3 concludes the “World of Assassination” story that started way back in 2016 with the soft-reboot/sequel, Hitman. This time around, 47 is tasked with ending the threat of Providence once and for all.

VG247 - 5 / 5 stars

Taken individually, Hitman 3 feels like great value, with plenty of variety and lots to do. When taken as a whole, the World of Assassination trilogy is hands-down one of the best and most complete-feeling trilogies in video game history.

Rectify Gaming - 9.6 / 10

After two decades of pasta cans, silver ballers, suitcase snipers and more, Hitman 3 delivers the perfect hit.

Forbes - 9.5 / 10

So it’s 5 levels really, but they are excellent levels, masterful executions of a brilliant concept by a team at the top of their game. And, on top of that, we’ve already got the other two games—which are available for dirt cheap, now—to make a single, expansive, globetrotting experience that sees our familiar, baldheaded puppetmaster accessing the world’s ultra-wealthy just when they thought they were invincible, dancing through the class divides like the nameless angel of death that he is, and then blowing someone up with an exploding golf ball or something.

Gaming Nexus - 9.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is a stunningly intricate work of video game art. As a franchise neophyte, I was delighted by the amazing world building and level design. While I expected a gangbusters action game, Hitman 3's more deliberate pacing has converted me into a series fan. Beautiful, sophisticated, and a mountain of fun, Hitman 3 is a revelation.

Gaming on PC - 9.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is the best entry in the series by far, supplanting Blood Money as the definitive stealth sandbox experience.

GotGame - 9.5 / 10

Thankfully, with everything the game has to offer, the pros outweigh the cons in Hitman 3. It’s one of the first games I played on the newly released console generation, making for a great first impression. I may even dare to say that it will surely stay in my top five list for the entire year. When you think of how many heavy-hitting games are coming soon, you’ll understand how much I enjoyed my time in Hitman 3.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 9.5 / 10

The very minor issues don't detract from the fact that Hitman 3 is Agent 47's best outing in the trilogy. The game is a glorious romp through six beautiful maps, leaving a trail of bodies in your wake. The many varied ways to deal with targets means replayability is a joy and exploration is fun. The game's core may not have changed over the last few years, but that's why it works so well. Agent 47 might be taking a break for now, but IO Interactive is on a roll and only time will tell if their next project is as good.

SomosXbox - Spanish - 9.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is the definitive experience to enjoy the story of Agent 47. The level design and small playable improvements make this title a must-have for stealth lovers. In addition, having all the content of the previous installments improved is the perfect example of how to offer a complete experience.

COGconnected - 92 / 100

The locations and level designs in Hitman 3 are among the best IO Interactive have built.

Gamerheadquarters - 9.2 / 10

Hitman 3 is a near perfect conclusion to this exciting, and richly filled trilogy that has been created.

33bits - Spanish - 90 / 100

Hitman 3, more than a third installment of a video game sub-saga, is more like a third season of it. It is totally continuous and does not hide in this sense. It is true that it does not add anything substantial, but it is also true that the base it inherits is very, very good. And the new maps show the experience already acquired from the two previous games, offering us some of the best maps of the trilogy.

BaziCenter - Persian - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is one of the best Hitman games ever made, with truly engaging gameplay, insane replay values and great visuals. Hitman 3 acts as a perfect finale for the latest trilogy in the series, and it seems that IOI will drop the franchise for a while to focus on the 007 series, hopefully with the same level of drive and ambitions.

Bazimag - Persian - 9 / 10

Unlike most trilogies, the World of Assassination’s last part sticks the landing in the best possible way. Gameplay-wise there isn’t lots of new toys here but the hero of gameplay has always been the missions themselves in this series and Hitman III has some of the most memorable ones under its hood. The story goes to some dark and interesting places and the music is there to help it hit the gamers with more power.

CGMagazine - 9 / 10

Hitman 3's worst and only true offense is that it offers up gameplay that is mostly more of the same, but as the conclusion to the trilogy it is the perfect send-off to both Agent 47 and the franchise in its presentation, tone, and content.

Cerealkillerz - German - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is the great finale to the outstanding stealth-trilogy - Agent 47 traverses some of the most polished and detailed levels to date, leading to the high replayability the series is known for. Only the newly added features like the camera feel redundant to the core gameplay.

Checkpoint Gaming - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is a beautiful, wonderful and exceptionally well-made game that I’m so glad exists. IO Interactive have created something simply amazing that should be lauded for being right up there with the smartest design in the industry.

Cubed3 - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 succeeds in every respect by being a fantastic ending to analready great series. It's also a joy to see that IO Interactive ensured players would be able to slip right back into the shoes of a veteran killer,but didn'trest on their laurels by not offering anything new. Although the touches of permanent shortcuts and new gadgets may seem small, once implemented it's hard to imagine playing without them as they integrate seamlessly into mission stories. Add to that the same freedom to approach a hit that the series is famous for, as well as ensuring every playground looks absolutely stunning and its clear that even without good friends, Agent 47 really does find the perfect blend.

Cultured Vultures - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 takes everything good about the rebooted series and combines it with worthwhile features and levels that are more interactive than ever before to create one of the best stealth games of the last decade.

DASHGAMER.com - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is unequivocally IO’s magnum opus; a tour de force within the overall longstanding Hitman franchise, and its essential pick within the trilogy. [...]  leads the charge in 2021 for compelling action-adventure.

Destructoid - 9 / 10

Coupled with extra gadgets (some of which can be imported - though not as swimmingly on PC), Hitman 3 is really fun to dive back into; or introduce someone to for that matter, just to see what they come up with. It's the little things that add up and really make Hitman 3 special.

Easy Allies - 9 / 10

The World of Assassination trilogy comes to a gratifying ending in one of the best entries in the series.

GRYOnline.pl - Polish - 9 / 10

Nearly five years after the first part of Hitman's reboot, revolutionizing the series and showing a potential new direction for the entire stealth genre, the "World of Assassination" triboot is closed in style.

Game Informer - 9 / 10

Agent 47's journey ends on a high note, at least as far as players are concerned. New levels are memorable and cater to the freedom fans have come to expect

Game Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

All told, though, Hitman 3 is one of the best stealth games ever made.

GameByte - 9 / 10 stars

Hitman 3 feels like a love letter to the ‘World of Assassination’ and I can’t think of a better way to conclude the series. With its delightfully witty dialogue and the fact that all existing Hitman content (as long as you’ve bought Hitman and Hitman 2) has progression carry over into Hitman 3, this game is a joy to play and the best Hitman has ever been. It takes all the best parts of the series we’ve come to love and leaves us with a bittersweet, Agent 47-sized gap in our hearts.

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

There's simply not a lot of stealth-action games that can hold a candle to Hitman III, with its hours upon hours of engaging gameplay and high replayability. The sheer variety of different locations and missions, and also the inclusion of all the legacy content, turns this title into something you don't want to miss at the start of 2021.

GameSkinny - 9 / 10 stars

Hitman 3 brings to a close one of gaming's great trilogies with one last display of immaculate level design and intoxicating mood from IO Interactive.

GameSpew - 9 / 10

Chances are we aren’t going to be placed in control of Agent 47 again; at least for a fair while, anyway. But with Hitman 3, IO Interactive has at least made sure he’s had a worthy send-off.

GameSpot - 9 / 10

What's good about Hitman--its level design and the creativity, experimentation, and exploration that affords--is great in Hitman 3. It closes out the trilogy by brilliantly playing off everything that came before it

GameWatcher - 9 / 10

Hitman III is a fascinating finale to the franchise that shyly continues the series' tradition to iterate and improve on each entry.

Gameblog - French - 9 / 10

Could IO Interactive have ended the World of Assassination Trilogy better ? Probably not. Even if Hitman 3 sticks to previous episodes formula and plays it safe, keeping its usual flaws, it offers gorgeous and incredibly well-convceived destinations that will indeed please fans. There are so many good trails to follow, so many possibilities that you'll sure end up with the urge to try everything in order to go for the perfect kill. If you own Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, there is some serious amount of challenges waiting. A PlayStation VR ? Prepare for a game-changing experience.

GamesRadar+ - 4.5 / 5 stars

A slick and entertaining conclusion to the trilogy.

GamingBolt - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 represents the peak of the series, of IO Interactive, and of the social stealth genre.

GamingTrend - 90 / 100

Hitman 3 is the ultimate Hitman experience, period. The game runs almost improbably crisp, and each location is a ton of fun to explore. Replayability is a must, but not just because of the brevity of the campaign, but because there is so much to do in each one. Adding the missions of yesteryear appends even more to the package, along with the ability to be the assassin in VR or take it on the go with Stadia or Switch. I could try and nitpick it for what it doesn't do or where it comes up short (of which there's almost nothing), but when it comes to being an early contender for Game Of The Year, Hitman 3 hits its target dead center.

Generación Xbox - Spanish - 9 / 10

Of course, it is not a perfect game and it has some important problem, such as animations that slightly detract from the rest of the technical section or an AI that behaves somewhat erratic at times (although it has improved a lot compared to previous installments) . Overall, this Hitman 3 strikes me as one of the best stealth games ever made, and one that no lover of this genre should miss.

IGN - 9 / 10

Rich, rewarding, and highly replayable, Hitman 3 is one of the barcoded butcher's best appearances.

LevelUp - Spanish - 9 / 10

HITMAN 3 gives a step forward to close the World of Assassination trilogy with a bang. Its and excellent game that fulfills the potentials of its ideas. Is not a perfect kill, but it is a well done job.

Luis Alamilla - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is not only a great Hitman game but a fantastic Hitman platform. It expands on the already great formula the series established, adds more levels, further develops the older levels, and even adds a VR mode for those on PS4 and PS5. It's a marvelous package for fans of the series that feels like a more than worthy conclusion to IO's excellent trilogy. Sure in comparison to Hitman 2, Hitman 3 adds less in terms of content, but that doesn't take away much from the quality of life improvements and overall focus on new sandboxes.

MMORPG.com - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 defies every expectation I had for it, from the size of its maps to the scope of its missions. I am truly free to approach these jobs however I wish, so long as the objectives are met, and that freedom is downright exhilarating. It’s not without its foibles, the inconsistency with its enemies being one that I ran into, but any issues are easily overcome by the quality of the overall experience. This may be 47’s last hurrah for a while, but dang if he doesn’t go out swinging.

Noisy Pixel - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 builds on the structure of its predecessors but doesn't recycle old mechanics. Its creative sandbox systems encourage multiple playthroughs with possible outcomes only limited by your imagination. Returning fans will get the most of this narrative as it ties up a few loose ends but doesn't totally stick the landing. It's absolutely brilliant in execution, though, as you replay missions for different results providing the most robust experience to those who spend the most time playing.

PC Gamer - 90 / 100

A beautiful, deep, and endlessly replayable murder sandbox, featuring some of the best levels in the series.

PCMag - 4.5 / 5 stars

Five years after kicking off Hitman's new era, IO Interactive closes out the World of Assassination trilogy in spectacular fashion. Hitman 3 is a massive package full of fantastic new levels and modes that's well worth the purchase for stealth-action fans.

PlayStation Universe - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 closes out the World of Assassination Trilogy with developer IO Interactive in confident mood. Lessons learned from the past five or six years have worked their way into this splendid epitaph for a series that looked dead and buried more than once along the way. As with its predecessor's, there are some lows to go with the highs, but those highs? They are truly something special and make the future of IO Interactive an exciting prospect.

PowerUp! - 9 / 10

It's enormously addictive and is endlessly replayable. For one of the first major releases in 2021, Hitman is an absolute home run

Pure Xbox - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is a superb final entry in what must now be regarded as one of gaming's truly great trilogies. This is a fittingly slick and satisfying send off for Agent 47, a succession of expertly crafted and endlessly replayable missions - omitting that final level dud - that sees our favourite assassin wind up his story in triumphantly fine form. IO Interactive really has brought all of their mission crafting expertise to bear here, resulting in a handful of levels that rank with the very best Hitman has to offer, and all while throwing in a couple of genuine curveballs and surprises as they go. This is essential stuff.

Push Square - 9 / 10

On its own, Hitman 3 is a moody conclusion to a generation-defining trilogy, but when taken as a complete compilation, it's the ultimate stealth sandbox. IO Interactive has honed its gameplay formula to perfection, and it's on top form here

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is the perfect ending to this saga and the best entry in the entire series, with the freedom it gives to the player and with its endless gameplay possibilities, Hitman 3 set the standard high for the stealth genre.

Screen Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

Hitman 3 is the best of the newer Hitman games and quite possibly the best Hitman game in the franchise.

Shacknews - 9 / 10

It’s great on its own, but combined with Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2 it helps make up the masterpiece which is the World of Assassination trilogy.

TechRaptor - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 may not introduce much to the established Hitman formula, but it messes with that formula in unique and confident ways with varied and interesting locations that make this the best of the Hitman trilogy.

The Digital Fix - 9 / 10

While the game does not offer anything new in terms of gameplay, Hitman 3 features the best levels in any Hitman game to date.

The Game Fanatics - 9 / 10

I have not always been the biggest fan of the Hitman series because I was so bad at the stealth genre. Over time, IO Interactive has done a great job opening up its world. Hitman has now become more accessible while maintaining its challenge. Like always, the game looks and feels great. The controls and different gameplay mechanics are easy to learn for those that are new to the genre. I am really glad that IO Interactive decided to go with a true story mode in Hitman 3. The episodic content was not bad but I think that the last iteration in the series deserved a true storyline. IO Interactive has really shown what their studio is capable of when it comes to graphics, level design, and story. With all of the content included in this package, this is a great place for new players to jump in. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for their 007 game.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 dances asymptotically with the concept of perfection, often approaching it without ever really grasping its essence. Nevertheless, IO Interactive manages to improve and refine a well-established formula, while offering a a truly satisfying conclusion to 47's struggle against Providence. Although there are some flaws, they're almost entirely eclipsed by the incredible quality of everything else.

TheXboxHub - 4.5 / 5 stars

If you've played the other two games in the World of Assassination trilogy then you owe it to yourself to finish the narrative in Hitman 3. If not, well, the ability to play all the games in one location makes this an almost essential purchase. If you like sneaking around and playing dress up with guns, Hitman 3 is for you.

Thumbsticks - 4.5 / 5 stars

Hitman 3 is a masterful final chapter for IO Interactive’s reboot trilogy, offering a range of stunning sandboxes filled with satisfying assassination opportunities and a dynamic set of tools that reward experimentation. With the studio closing out its reboot in style, IO has cemented it as the definitive interpretation of Hitman and one of the most consistent trilogies of the last decade.

TrueAchievements - 4.5 / 5 stars

All in all, IO Interactive has stuck with what it knows best with Hitman 3: gorgeously crafted open playgrounds for the player to wreak slick and murderous havoc in.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is the quintessential stealth game.

Washington Post - 90 / 100

Now that it’s over, I can confidently call IO Interactive’s “Hitman” trilogy one of the most consistently great series of games ever created. No other trilogy has expressed this much confidence and consistency in its execution. Agent 47′s story may be over for now, but these three games offer countless ways for you to tell your own stories.

Wccftech - 9 / 10

Hitman 3 is the definitive case for careful refinement over needless reinvention. While not that fundamentally different from its predecessors, Hitman 3 has been polished to a high sheen, offering up fantastic frictionless stealth gameplay and an eye-catching array of unique, exciting stages. At times it's felt like luck was against this trilogy, but Agent 47 would be proud of how IO Interactive's well-laid plans have come together in the end.

XboxEra - 9 / 10

It’s a game I would whole-heartedly recommend to anyone; the remedy to the degenerative AAA condition of exponentially longer and larger games. Clearly ‘Practice makes Perfect’ – Focusing and refining Hitman over the last 9 years has paid off, and IO has earned a Silent Assassin rating.

Spaziogames - Italian - 8.8 / 10

Hitman 3 is an amazingly crafted epilogue for the World of Assassination trilogy and the best modern Hitman yet.

Gamefa - Persian - 8.7 / 10

Hitman 3 with exciting gameplay, good characterization, acceptable story and of course remarkable music, not only becomes the best version of its franchise, but will It also becomes one of the best in the stealth genre. Io Interactive Apart from creating an enjoyable and reproducible experience, deals with the problems that have been seen in franchise since the 2016 like the area of   local voice acting, animations and most importantly, artificial intelligence. So while HItman 3 is not totally a complete game, it is one of the best games on the market to experience.

Worth Playing - 8.6 / 10

The third Hitman game delivers a satisfying and worthwhile ending to the series and some fun and varied stages, all while adding a bunch of minor adjustments and content that fans will enjoy for hours. If you're a fan of the series, Hitman 3 is a very competent end to the trilogy that provides a massive and deep Hitman experience that is easy to recommend.

Atomix - Spanish - 85 / 100

Hitman III is one of the first strong cards of the year. IO Interactive has given us an entertaining experience focused on experimentation and replayability that no fan of the stealth genre can miss.

But Why Tho? - 8.5 / 10

When all is said and done, Hitman 3 has a few hiccups, but it’s a stunning finale to the series and a fantastic game to play even if you haven’t played the ones before it. The way the writing of the game lays out past events helps ensure that even if you didn’t beat the last two in the franchise, you’re up to speed with the story so far. Throw in the added elements to get you playing missions multiple times and the more expansive online elements I have not mentioned here and you have a game worthy to pick up on launch day.

Cram-Gaming - 8.5 / 10

To conclude, HITMAN III is a fitting end to the current trilogy and it will be interesting to see where IO take the series moving forwards. With lots to do in this game, plenty of replay value and the chance to create your own missions means it is a solid package.

Critical Hit - 8.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is full of surprises beneath its familiar systems. It manages to break out of its own sandbox without disrupting its formula too much, ending on a subtle note that brings the world of assassination saga to a satisfying end.

Enternity.gr - Greek - 8.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is the epitome of freedom in gameplay.

Game Revolution - 8.5 / 10

The bald, barcoded assassin has had many hits in his 21-year career, but even though it might be his last for quite some time, Hitman 3 is one of 47’s best executions yet.

GameZone - 8.5 / 10

While Hitman 3 is the end of this trilogy, it's clear IO will be coming back to 47 after they play around in the 007 sandbox for a while. This isn't so much the end of Hitman as it is this iteration of 47 and I will be eagerly awaiting his return.

Gamersky - Chinese - 8.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is slow and intriguing. Its real interesting point is the enchanting sense of substitution, and the stealth gameplay method is amazing..

God is a Geek - 8.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is a satisfying farewell to Agent 47, with stunning locations, and endless opportunities to take out your targets.

Just Push Start - 4.25 / 5

Needless to say, Hitman 3 manages to stick to landing. The story concludes in an interesting and fun way, while holding true to what made the franchise so great. The additional options are welcome, as is the attention to detail, though those who couldn't get into the previous titles will likely dislike it. Toss in a lot of fun and alternate ways to complete a mission and it makes for a methodically fun time.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Turkish - 85 / 100

Hitman 3 is a great finale for the World of Assassination trilogy. With VR support exclusive to Playstaiton, it is definitely a game you shouldn't miss.

PC Invasion - 8.5 / 10

Although there are a few issues (namely with its save system and soon-to-be-fixed progress carry-over function), Hitman 3's mission stories, level design, and creative assassinations provide the franchise's "greatest hits" record. It's the perfect way to cap off Agent 47's journey.

PPE.pl - Polish - 8.5 / 10

It has its pros and cons: you know exactly what to expect. IO Interactive did not disappoint in the preparation of the levels, again encourages fun, but from time to time I had the impression that Hitman could offer something more. This is a great summary of the whole trilogy, and given the possibility of creating a great HUB, the series' sympathizers will spend tens of hours in this title.

Press Start - 8.5 / 10

HITMAN III is a decidedly epic conclusion to the events established in the first two games. It offers fantastic, well-realised locales with objectives that are unconventional, at least by HITMAN standards, to come out feeling fresh. Though in pursuit of this, it has lost a bit of the breadth we've come to expect from the series. Ultimately, it delivers what it promised to - a strong conclusion to the trilogy.

WayTooManyGames - 8.5 / 10

Hitman 3 is an absolutely stunning ending to this trilogy, finally delivering a story that, whilst not mind-blowing, did subvert my expectations in the best of ways, all while delivering the same high quality gameplay and level design that fans have come to expect. It may not innovate on the previous titles’ core gameplay, feeling more like an expansion than a new standalone game, but it’s still worth your while, offering plenty of new content to dig into.

WellPlayed - 8.5 / 10

Hitman 3 does an excellent job of wrapping up the World of Assassination Trilogy, pairing the predictable yet enjoyable narrative with the refined and forever reliable Hitman gameplay

IGN Middle East - Arabic - 8.4 / 10

Hitman 3 is a satisfying end to the trilogy filled with great mission design but still shows a slow improvement to the franchise

GamePro - German - 82 / 100

Hitman 3 is exactly what fans of the IO Interactive games expect: an open sandbox dream in which thousands of paths lead to Rome or rather to Berlin, Dubai, China, England, Argentina and Romania. On this point, there is simply no second genre representative who leaves so much room for our creativity.

The six locations are wonderfully varied and great, but I never got rid of the feeling of playing a story DLC
here. After a good five to six hours, that's it.

Digital Trends - 4 / 5 stars

A satisfying conclusion to the trilogy with the best locations in the series

DualShockers - 8 / 10

New levels, new targets, new graphical improvements, same Hitman taste. Hitman 3 won't be everyone's cup of tea, but the niche should be extremely satisfied.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 8 / 10

Killer who kills you don't change. IO Interactive does not revolutionize its playful formula, widely gnawed in the excellent Hitman 2, and proposes it again with slight but pleasant additions also in the third and (perhaps) last chapter of the World of Assassination saga. Agent 47 returns more shrewd and lethal than ever before, within an experience that knows how to enhance the murderous instincts of gamers. All this takes the form of a stealth adventure full of possibilities, a sandbox full of ideas and alternative solutions that stimulate the variety of approaches and benefit from a level design sometimes in a state of grace. A few falls in style in the last stage, a story only of contour and a general lack of courage in a fixting some stumbles of the past episodes, such as a not-so-exciting IA and very coarse shooter phases, however, prevent Hitman 3 from taking a big step forward compared to the second act. The work therefore moves in perfect continuity with what is...

GameCrate - 8 / 10

Hitman 3 was a fun game, but I definitely put it down quicker than I did Hitman 1 or 2. If you wanted more of the same it gives you that on top of being a really convenient platform for the content of the previous games, but that doesn't change the fact that this feels much more like an expansion pack than a new entry in the franchise.

Guardian - 4 / 5 stars

Industrialised murder probably shouldn't be this entertaining, but this final part of the trilogy is a minor masterpiece

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 80 / 100

Hitman 3 is a good entry in the series. It deliver beautiful levels, such as Dartmoor or Chonqing, new assassination tools and it allows players to import maps from the previous games (with improved graphics), buy still, it´s mechanics and some AI elements feel outdated.

IGN Italy - Italian - 8 / 10

A nice conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy. Hitman III is "just" more of the same, but that's not a problem when the original material is that good.

Inverse - 8 / 10

Hitman 3 delivers the World of Assassination trilogy's comprehensive culmination, doubling down on its winning stealth-puzzle formula and creating some of the franchise’s best playgrounds yet. It’s a morbid comedy of errors that doesn’t punish players for concocting a ludicrous plan — it actively eggs them on.

Metro GameCentral - 8 / 10

A great finale to the World of Assassination trilogy and the perfect time to end the reboot era, as the once revolutionary formula begins to show its age.

MondoXbox - Italian - 8 / 10

Hitman 3 delivers a very good stealth game which gives complete freedom to the players in expansive and beautiful environments. It unluckily doesn't look as developed in storytelling, and it feels a bit short on content with only 6 environments, though. All in all, a game every stealth lover will surely appreciate.

PCGamesN - 8 / 10

Another fine outing for Agent 47, and a fitting, hopefully brief, farewell to one of the best stealth series of the last decade.

Rocket Chainsaw - 4 / 5 stars

Though not much has changed gameplay-wise throughout this Hitman trilogy, we enjoyed the fact that Hitman 3 feels complete at launch while tying up some loose ends in the story as well.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 8 / 10

Impressive finale of Hitman trilogy.

Telegraph - 4 / 5 stars

Io Interactive send off Agent 47 with a sharp and varied globe-trotting farewell

TheGamer - 4 / 5 stars

n an alternate universe, Hitman became one of the best selling series of all time, its influence akin to something like PUBG. In this better world, where the pandemic never even happened, Hitman spawned a genre of its own - the Hitmanlike, where developers put level design and systemic play right at the top of their priority list. Alas, we can’t break through the skin of the world and reach that universe. We’re stuck here. In our world, Hitman stands alone. There’s nothing like it, and Hitman 3 is an outstanding refinement of that unique 21-year-old recipe. Just watch out for that secret ingredient. (It’s poison).

TheSixthAxis - 8 / 10

Charting the series' progress since that 2016 Paris debut has been a fascinating journey. IO have learned a lot over the past five years and that really shows in Hitman 3. It's a flashier, more fluid evolution of IO's original template - a rewarding conclusion to one of the most unique video game franchises around, and one we'll continue playing for many weeks and months to come.

TrustedReviews - 4 / 5 stars

This is the best Hitman has ever been, and IO Interactive is in a supremely confident place to conclude this trilogy with a bang. The gameplay formula birthed back in 2016 has reached a crescendo here, complimented by an avalanche of worthwhile improvements that make Hitman 3 a joy to play.

Twinfinite - 4 / 5

Without straying far from the successful sandbox formula, it’s an excellent final part of IO’s trilogy. While the increased freedom and level variety won’t be for everyone, Hitman 3 boasts some of the best locations and stories the series has ever seen, and there’s so much to uncover in each and every one of them.

We Got This Covered - 4 / 5 stars

Giving the formula a polish rivaled only by Agent 47's supernaturally perfect cranium is the best way for the Hitman trilogy to go out. New additions, great levels, and engine fine-tuning make the final entry every bit as good as the rest.

Windows Central - 4 / 5 stars

Hitman 3 features some of the most complex and most creative levels in the series history while polishing the gameplay to perfection. Unfortunately, it's held back by some hefty paywalls, uneven mission pacing, and some occasional clunky AI.

Xbox Achievements - 80 / 100

The third act is often the hardest, and with Hitman 3, IO Interactive has managed, somehow, to mix things up and make it feel fresh. Some will celebrate the lengthier, curated stories, but those who love Hitman for its replay value will be slightly dismayed at Hitman 3. Nonetheless, it's still a great bloody video game.

New Game Network - 77 / 100

With the new trilogy coming to an end and Agent 47 yielding to 007, the developers have finally stuck the landing thanks to a few smart tweaks to design, mechanics, and tone. It's a shame it took until the final chapter to deliver on the potential.

GameGrin - 7.5 / 10

HITMAN 3 is a satisfying conclusion to the World of Assassination trilogy, but makes a few missteps that make the game feel less impactful. This game is a must-buy for any Agent 47 fanatics and is a promising sign that Hitman is still relevant in the modern games industry.

3DNews - Russian - 7 / 10

Despite the plot flaws and disappointing ending, Hitman 3 remains a fine assassin playground with a huge gameplay variety.

Hardcore Gamer - 3.5 / 5

In the current trilogy, Hitman 3 would be considered the weaker of the three.

Nintendo Enthusiast - 7 / 10

Hitman 3 – Cloud Version provides a set of distinct and entertaining missions, each with their own unique objectives and environments to explore. The Nintendo Switch version is by no means the definitive way to play, and input lag and dips in performance are likely to occur depending on your bandwidth. But if you want a brilliant stealth game on Switch, Hitman 3 definitely delivers, and it is a great finale for Agent 47.

Slant Magazine - 3.5 / 5 stars

Hitman 3, for better and worse, splits the difference between player freedom and focused storytelling.

Stevivor - 7 / 10

Hitman 3 is a fun game — and I enjoyed plotting my way through it — but my hopes of refinement and iteration weren’t met. At its core, the gameplay is still the same as it’s always been. The series hasn’t managed to keep up with the times with the only attempt to shift the gameplay formula up somewhat, Hitman: Absolution, being very poorly received.

VGChartz - 7 / 10

Hitman 3 can best be summarized as more of the same.

VideoGamer - 7 / 10

That's why, as much as Hitman III was a pleasure to play, it left me longing for the mood of the old games.

NintendoWorldReport - 6.5 / 10

I myself originally bounced off the tutorial sections of the first Hitman when it was free to PlayStation Plus members, but I've seen the error of my ways. Even though there may be a time when more people have better online access and cloud gaming becomes viable for Switch owners, such is not the case today. It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes, a Poirot, or a Phoenix Wright to see through the disgraceful disguise that is Hitman 3 - Cloud Version. Seek out the genuine Agent 47 article elsewhere.

ACG - Buy

While it has some inconsistencies, Hitman 3 delivers the best story the Hitman games have had, and a couple tremendous levels, as well as almost endless substantial replayability.

Ars Technica - Unscored

A solid if unambitious expansion pack—and that should tell you whether to buy this one or catch up on Hitman 2 instead.

Console Creatures - Recommended

If you’re a fairweather fan or a newcomer to the franchise, there’s no better time to jump in. Especially with the added bonus of improvements made to Hitman and Hitman 2.

Eurogamer - Recommended

IO's final World of Assassination game is closer to a seasonal content update than a sequel, but it's a thrilling endeavour all the same.

Eurogamer - No Recommendation / Blank

Meanwhile, it's clear that next-gen consoles get a more refined, smoother and prettier experience - even if there is the sense that Hitman 3 isn't specifically targeting the capabilities of the new hardware. But when a game looks as good as this, runs as well as this and features some superb new missions, it's difficult to complain.

GameOnAUS - Essential

Everything about the way Hitman III looks, feels, and plays is absolutely top-notch. This is an outstanding game, a fantastic way to start 2021’s AAA releases, and a must-play for anyone who like stealth, espionage, or complex scenario games.

Kotaku - Unscored

Narratively and structurally, Hitman 3 strips its own make believe away, leaving the series’ core darkness on display.

Player2.net.au - A or higher

A franchise like no other comes to an epic and satisfying conclusion. Hitman III is the culmination of both story and development skill that will leave fans everywhere smiling with joy.

Polygon - Polygon Recommends

IO Interactive delivers a terrific, thrilling finale for its trilogy

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Unscored

As a final act, Hitman 3 is as capable and pleasing as its trilogy-siblings. As a trilogy, it is one of the most fun-loving games of the previous decade.

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman 3 (January 2021) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted