Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry hands-on with PC version

SaysWho?

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

It's Horizon II: Forbidden West you heathen! I think? I definitely see II in there . . . 

The video title (posted by Sony) doesn't include II. They probably just slid that little II in the design of the logo just so we could have this exact conversation. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah but Sony could have fucked up - but they don't include it, that's correct. 

Guerrilla also doesn't include it in this tweet either, further proving that someone slipped it into that logo just to fuck with you. 

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

Guerrilla also doesn't include it in this tweet either, further proving that someone slipped it into that logo just to fuck with you. 

Well no II is better, it should just be Horizon, then a subtitle, so I prefer if I'm wrong on this (which seems I am). Though why did Horizon Zero Dawn get no colon but Horizon: Forbidden West does?! I notice Sony added a colon, but Guerilla did not in their tweet. 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well no II is better, it should just be Horizon, then a subtitle, so I prefer if I'm wrong on this (which seems I am). Though why did Horizon Zero Dawn get no colon but Horizon: Forbidden West does?! I notice Sony added a colon, but Guerilla did not in their tweet. 

Now you're asking the right questions. We really need to get this mess sorted out. 

• Haha 2

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Need to go back and finish this game... don't know how I got sidetracked from finishing it he first time. I was sold simply because LT. Daniels from The Wire is in the game.

Two pieces of advice to enjoy the game more:

1)  Listen to all of the audiologs

I normally hate audio logs, and I think they are a lazy story-telling mechanism.  However, so much of the story/context is told here, you will miss most of what makes the story interesting if you skip them.

2)  Experiment with Weapons

The combat is different in H:ZD than most other games.  What works in one situation will fail miserably in another.  Each different enemy requires a different strategy, and combination of weapons (yes, plural) and ammo.  IMHO, the combat shines the most in "The Frozen Wilds" DLC.  (Which I recommend playing as part of a normal playthrough.)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

So not an island setting, but still the added depth of ocean exploration, expanded map, and more features and whatnot. This could be to the original what Assassins Creed 2 was to the first one.  Can't wait!

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So if you thought the first one was too big for it's own good the sequel definitely is!

Don't know many who do. It's a perfect length considering you can plat it and the expansion in around 70 hours, which for an open world game, is pretty damn good.

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

D-d-d-d-d-d-dozens?!

Mmmmm, gimme.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I feel like I've seen a few people say it, even around here.

I've not seen it as some widespread majority opinion, though. That's not really the reputation the game has. It's not Witcher 3 length, you know? Think of how long it takes to platinum the base game of that, never mind the expansions. 70ish hours to plat a game and its expansion, given that this is open world, is pretty dang reasonable.

Not saying Witcher 3 is bad (I'm 75 hours into Persona 5 Royal for crying out loud and have a long while to go :p), but I don't feel Horizon is significantly long considering its content.