Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry hands-on with PC version

SaysWho?

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

HO8vkO9pfXhwbHi5WHECQJdN.png
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Get Horizon Forbidden West on PS4 and PS5. See the latest news, trailers, screenshots and more. Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West, a majestic but dangerous frontier that conceals mysterious new threats.

I think you're misremembering the statement. It was, this game will get an upgrade but they drew the line saying no more upgrades after this.

I already posted one article saying exactly what I said.  Here are others.  So you should be able to buy the PS4 version from the store then upgrade it?

WWW.MSN.COM

"It's abundantly clear that we missed the mark," says Sony

horizon_forbidden_west_aloy_beach_2048.j
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Future PlayStation Studios titles will offer $10 next-gen upgrade fee

3876412-horizon_forbidden_west_screensho
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Since Sony is offering a free upgrade for PS4 owners, there's no reason to pay the extra $10 for the PS5 version.

“It’s abundantly clear that the offerings we confirmed in our pre-order kickoff missed the mark,” admits Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “While the pandemic’s profound impact pushed Forbidden West out of the launch window we initially envisioned, we will stand by our offer: Players who purchase Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free.”

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Well it's all very confusing. In any case there doesn't appear any way to get a digital deluxe PS4 edition (online anyway) so my statement that it is $80 still stands. :p

Yeah, I think that is one of their ways to weasel their way to the full price, not offering a Digital Deluxe PS4 version.  So they know the majority of people that care to get a game like this day 1 will want that Deluxe Pack, and will throw the xtra $20.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: PS4 Pro gameplay footage and "Gold Status" annouced
3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@best3444 PS4 Pro footage

476e01534c91de3bb208785290007a73a75a0d4a
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Guerrilla celebrates the game going gold with a first look at gameplay on the PS4 Pro console.

Looks so badass. The video was choppy for me so I hope that wasn't just a representation of the framerate.  :s

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I've seen it a few times today. I'm satisfied with what I saw so it's going to be fine for my Pro. Not sure how it'll run on your base PS4. 

I think that it will probably look and run fairly similar on both consoles, I don’t think that the differences between the two will be that substantial.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I've seen it a few times today. I'm satisfied with what I saw so it's going to be fine for my Pro. Not sure how it'll run on your base PS4. 

5 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I think that it will probably look and run fairly similar on both consoles, I don’t think that the differences between the two will be that substantial.

The Pro will run it just fine. 

12 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I think you underestimate the difference between the base PS4 and the Pro. It's not going to run at 30fps like the Pro will. The resolution will be lower, too.

• True 1

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

I think you underestimate the difference between the base PS4 and the Pro. It's not going to run at 30fps like the Pro will. The resolution will be lower, too.

And I think you overestimate the difference between the base PS4 and the Pro. :p Yes games have slightly higher resolutions and steadier frame rates on the Pro compared to the base PS4, but you pretty much have to have the two side by side to really notice a difference. My brother has a Pro, and neither of us notice a big difference between it and my PS4 Slim. :shrug:

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

And I think you overestimate the difference between the base PS4 and the Pro. :p Yes games have slightly higher resolutions and steadier frame rates on the Pro compared to the base PS4, but you pretty much have to have the two side by side to really notice a difference. My brother has a Pro, and neither of us notice a big difference between it and my PS4 Slim. :shrug:

The PS4 Pro delivers a 30% CPU and 100% GPU boost over the PS4 and PS4 Slim and its extra 1GB of RAM is specifically for non-gaming functionality so the full 8GB can be reserved for your gaming at all times.

And the key for me is: The PS4 Pro supports 4K gaming. I own a 4K television so that is a big deal for me. 

I hope Forbidden West runs well for you.

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

And the key for me is: The PS4 Pro supports 4K gaming. I own a 4K television so that is a big deal for me.

That’s the main draw of the PS4 Pro compared to the base model, it displays games in 4K. I just got a 4K television for Christmas.

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I hope Forbidden West runs well for you.

Considering how good recent AAA games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Far Cry 6 have looked and ran on my PS4 Slim, I expect Horizon Forbidden West to do the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

That’s the main draw of the PS4 Pro compared to the base model, it displays games in 4K. I just got a 4K television for Christmas.

Considering how good recent AAA games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Far Cry 6 have looked and ran on my PS4 Slim, I expect Horizon Forbidden West to do the same.

That's good to hear.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: global review embargo lifts at 12:01am PST on Valentine's Day
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Challenges of the Forbidden West" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Accessibility Features in Horizon Forbidden West" (PlayStation Blog)