Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry hands-on with PC version

SaysWho?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "An Authentic World" PlayStation blog post, Guerrilla announces "GAIA Cast" podcast that dives deep into the Horizon universe
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Outsmart Your Enemies" PlayStation blog post
6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm clueless on this. Is that equivalent to the next gen consoles?

Most of the users on this board have rigs that can travel through time and warp the very fabric of reality. They make slaves of the most strong willed men and cause women to throw themselves at their feet in suplication. The very aura of their machines endows them with six pack abs, gives their beards a lustrous sheen and causes their genitalia to grow to monstrous, John Holmes like sizes that when fully engorged, can cut through diamonds. So in answer to your question. Yes I guess?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Most of the users on this board have rigs that can travel through time and warp the very fabric of reality. They make slaves of the most strong willed men and cause women to throw themselves at their feet in suplication. The very aura of their machines endows them with six pack abs, gives their beards a lustrous sheen and causes their genitalia to grow to monstrous, John Holmes like sizes that when fully engorged, can cut through diamonds. So in answer to your question. Yes I guess?

Master Race? Nah fam, more like Waste of Space

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "New Threats" Gameplay Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: PS4 version screenshots
43 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Considering how good Far Cry 6 looks on PS4, it doesn’t surprise me that this looks good on it as well. It seems like the main difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions of these crossover games are their frame rates, PS4 being 30fps and PS5 being 60fps.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 18 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Machines of the Forbidden West" trailer and PlayStation Blog post
15 hours ago, best3444 said:

I guess I'm going to have to play this on my ps4 pro. Lower resolution and 30fps. Im sure it's missing some grest detail as well. :(

I'll have to play it on my reg ps4 :( of course I still need to go back on finish the first. I was just about done with this one after an insane number of hours and for some reason never finished....then I remember picking up the GOTY version or whatever they called it that included the expansion.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'll have to play it on my reg ps4 :( of course I still need to go back on finish the first. I was just about done with this one after an insane number of hours and for some reason never finished....then I remember picking up the GOTY version or whatever they called it that included the expansion.

Man, I'm not so sure how that will run on the regular ps4. I hope it does for your sake. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Man, I'm not so sure how that will run on the regular ps4. I hope it does for your sake. 

I have a regular PS4 and my brother has a PS4 Pro, and the differences between the two aren’t that big. Like I mentioned, I’m currently playing Far Cry 6 on my PS4 Slim and it looks and runs great. I expect Horizon Forbidden West to as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I have a regular PS4 and my brother has a PS4 Pro, and the differences between the two aren’t that big. Like I mentioned, I’m currently playing Far Cry 6 on my PS4 Slim and it looks and runs great. I expect Horizon Forbidden West to as well.

That's good to hear 

7 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I wanted to mention that if I'm remembering correctly there is a pretty significant difference between the regular PS4 and the PS4 Pro. @stepee do you know anything about that?

I bet Horizon Forbidden West will look pretty nice on the pro and definitely better than what the regular produces.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I wanted to mention that if I'm remembering correctly there is a pretty significant difference between the regular PS4 and the PS4 Pro. @stepee do you know anything about that?

I bet Horizon Forbidden West will look pretty nice on the pro and definitely better than what the regular produces.

Its usually 1080p ps4 and 1440p or some kind of 4k checkerboard solution on ps4 pro. It’s a big difference if you have a 4ktv, it’s not that big if you don’t. Could be more here if they tried to squeeze more out of the pro but I feel like it will just be the same for any reductions made from the ps5 version.

• Thanks 1