Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry hands-on with PC version

SaysWho?

And a 60 fps mode

WWW.RESETERA.COM

From Julien Chièze's interview : Lots of other tidbits in his video but I feel this is important enough to single out. - Free climbing thanks to a new automated system that basically adds...

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

And a 60 fps mode

WWW.RESETERA.COM

From Julien Chièze's interview : Lots of other tidbits in his video but I feel this is important enough to single out. - Free climbing thanks to a new automated system that basically adds...

Nice, I hope for both this and GOW2 they can get close to insomniacs RT performance mode in Miles!

The last gameplay demo they showed didn't look like a "free" climbing system. It sure looked like that available grapples glowed yellow when scanned. Set climbing routes are one of my pet peeves in an open world game, so I really hope it's true. Nothing kills the sense of discovery like a specifically painted line of hand holds and ledges directing your every movement.

15 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

The last gameplay demo they showed didn't look like a "free" climbing system. It sure looked like that available grapples glowed yellow when scanned. Set climbing routes are one of my pet peeves in an open world game, so I really hope it's true. Nothing kills the sense of discovery like a specifically painted line of hand holds and ledges directing your every movement.

Not to shit on the game, I don't haven an opinion on it either way, but the climbing they're showing off looks exactly like Uncharted or that last Tomb Raider game to me. It's something that felt like a missed opportunity in God of War as well to me. If you're going to have climbing sections all the time, integrate some sort of mechanic with it beyond Hold Up For Awesome. 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't know if any of you have seen the comments from Returnal but yikes.

I checked Housemarque's Twitter a few times to check for patch info and I was amazed by the rage against the Selene character. The most common appears to be that broz hate playing 'some old lesbian lol'. I mean I know people like this obviously exist but I guess I never engage with any of it personally so I was still taken aback by how much people just let that petty hate flow over something so stupid. 

And that's beside the point that the character is fucking great. 

52 minutes ago, Brick said:

Hero lighting? 

DF covers it in their video (starting ~3:15).

Basically, there's a "fake" light source that follows the main character (or often any character in a cutscene) so they're more evenly or just better illuminated. The recent demo had some very intense hero lighting for Alloy. It's a stylistic choice more than anything.

14 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

DF covers it in their video (starting ~3:15).

Basically, there's a "fake" light source that follows the main character (or often any character in a cutscene) so they're more evenly or just better illuminated. The recent demo had some very intense hero lighting for Alloy. It's a stylistic choice more than anything.

Ah that's what I figured it was. 

I bit disappointing that most of the development was for ps4. Im sure the ps5 version will look great and run at 60 but I was hoping it was being built for the ps5.

Oh well, it will still be an awesome game and most likely better than the very good first one. 

t.jpg
WWW.HARDWAREZONE.COM.SG

Will Aloy finally get to fly on a machine? We talked to the creators of Horizon Forbidden West to find out.

We have just successfully completed our beta milestone, which is pretty far along. We're now in the final stages of development. So we are polishing the game and fixing bugs. We are also wrapping up certain aspects of the game, like some of the machines being behind schedule - because it takes an enormous amount of time to build them. We're working on the final cinematic. So, we're really wrapping up. There's still a lot to do with a game of this size and magnitude, but we're in the final stages.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 2021?) - Information Thread, update: "beta" milestone passed, entering "final stages" of development
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5, 2021?) - Information Thread, update: delay to 1Q 2022 all but confirmed
1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Deathloop is in September 

I mean I want it, but it’s not exactly a huge blockbuster holiday release. But you add Kena to that and yeah September is pretty decent for ps5 console exclusives!

I’m more sad that it’s one less next gen show off thingy for this year after really just been getting a few bits of that since launch. 

But I suppose we still have Horizon 5, maybe Halo infinite, and Battlefield for that at least.

2022 is when the party really kicks off though!

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m more sad that it’s one less next gen show off thingy for this year after really just been getting a few bits of that since launch. 

But I suppose we still have Horizon 5, maybe Halo infinite, and Battlefield for that at least.

2022 is when the party really kicks off though!

Next gen starts with the Deck in December

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

True. If this slips to 2022, then 2022 is gonna be a banger. 

Remember 2017 when Switch came out and we also got overloaded with good games everywhere? Yeah, I’m ready for a similar year in 6 months!

• 4 weeks later...