DEATHLOOP - Information Thread, update: Xbox Series/Game Pass/PS+ Extra release on September 20, new update includes extended ending/new enemies/new weapons (all platforms)

SaysWho?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Colt has made me laugh a few times. Great protagonist and I love the sense of danger this game provides. Julianna invading your game is cool, too. I'm not letting others into my game though. 

yeah I noped out of invasion from others harrrrrrd

This isn't an easy game to understand. They throw so much information at you at once it's overwhelming. I thought I had the basics down but I was literally lost 15 minutes ago. I didn't understand what to do next. It doesn't help that I'm exhausted so I need to learn how to play this when I'm more alert. It's such an unique and crazy game that makes you really think.

I’ve played for a few hours now. Something about infusion and retaining items has tripped me up. Maybe it’s just my terrible memory, but I swear I’ve kept some trinkets that I didn’t infuse. And I’m not asking about the double jump one, which I did infuse, but that was probably a waste because you always start with it anyway, right? 

Whatever, I’m loving the game, but I knew that I would. 

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve played for a few hours now. Something about infusion and retaining items has tripped me up. Maybe it’s just my terrible memory, but I swear I’ve kept some trinkets that I didn’t infuse. And I’m not asking about the double jump one, which I did infuse, but that was probably a waste because you always start with it anyway, right? 

Whatever, I’m loving the game, but I knew that I would. 

How do you keep....forget the name now. Um, your abilities? Like I learned shift but I'm not certain I kept that ability after a loop. 

45 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How do you keep....forget the name now. Um, your abilities? Like I learned shift but I'm not certain I kept that ability after a loop. 

On the loadout screen between levels, there’s a infusion menu where you spend resid-whatever to keep what you found on that run, including slabs (powers). 

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

On the loadout screen between levels, there’s a infusion menu where you spend resid-whatever to keep what you found on that run, including slabs (powers). 

Hmm. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of spending "resid". I am going to play this shortly so maybe I can figure it out.

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hmm. I'm not sure what you mean in terms of spending "resid". I am going to play this shortly so maybe I can figure it out.

I had to look up the exact name -residuum. It’s the glowing stuff you can absorb from items in the environment and dead Visionaries. But that doesn’t unlock until you finish one of the first quests, involving Wenjie. If you haven’t done that yet, I would make it a priority. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I had to look up the exact name -residuum. It’s the glowing stuff you can absorb from items in the environment and dead Visionaries. But that doesn’t unlock until you finish one of the first quests, involving Wenjie. If you haven’t done that yet, I would make it a priority. 

Ok. I played for an hour and all of a sudden things started to click. I just killed Harriet in Hangar 2. So now I have two really cool slabs unlocked but I need to travel to Wenjie’s Lab to unlock residuum in order to keep the slabs. At least I think that's what I need to do. :p

Also, I got invaded twice by other online players as Julianna and thankfully I killed them both. I looked everywhere to lock this feature but don't see it anywhere?

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Also, I got invaded twice by other online players as Julianna and thankfully I killed them both. I looked everywhere to lock this feature but don't see it anywhere?

On the level select screen, in the top left corner, you can set it to single player. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

Man. I killed Aleksis and Julianna and was on my way to the exit and got ambushed. I spent over an hour trying to beat that so that takes the wind out of my sails. 

Should I keep playing...? :thinking:

That’s the tough thing about games with this structure. It can feel like a waste of time when you die like that after achieving something significant. Hopefully with each run you gain something, either a weapon/power or information, which will make the next run easier. 

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

That’s the tough thing about games with this structure. It can feel like a waste of time when you die like that after achieving something significant. Hopefully with each run you gain something, either a weapon/power or information, which will make the next run easier. 

I gathered info but the structure of the game is not for me at this point. I gave in like 10 hours and I will go back to it at some point. It's still a great game imo but can be a real pain in the ass.

I normally don’t like this kind of structure either, but this one clicked with me. Go back and try again at some point imo. It sounds like you are actually doing pretty good. Use trying a run again as an opportunity to try different approaches and find more out about the world! After a bit you start really leveling up and get pretty damn powerful.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I normally don’t like this kind of structure either, but this one clicked with me. Go back and try again at some point imo. It sounds like you are actually doing pretty good. Use trying a run again as an opportunity to try different approaches and find more out about the world! After a bit you start really leveling up and get pretty damn powerful.

That's my issue I think. I'm attempting to kill Aleksis with no special guns or slabs. I think I need to explore more areas, gather more residuum, get better weapons, and get a slab or two. Then trying to kill Aleksis wouldn't be too difficult. I'm being impatient and not strategizing at all. :p

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's my issue I think. I'm attempting to kill Aleksis with no special guns or slabs. I think I need to explore more areas, gather more residuum, get better weapons, and get a slab or two. Then trying to kill Aleksis wouldn't be too difficult. I'm being impatient and not strategizing at all. :p

yes you need to get slabs! especially before trying to take out two in one run

20 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve been hooked on this game! I’m at the point now where I’m setup to take out everyone in one loop, and I have a nice loadout infused and ready to go, but I’m going to play around for a while, unlock some more shit. What a game!

Nice. I wish I had your patience and skillz.

27 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve been hooked on this game! I’m at the point now where I’m setup to take out everyone in one loop, and I have a nice loadout infused and ready to go, but I’m going to play around for a while, unlock some more shit. What a game!

Yeahhh when it gets cookin and you start gaining/leveling up slabs and you become a damn beast it’s just top notch. I kept doing that big party level over and over because it was so fun clearing that mansion out.

35 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeahhh when it gets cookin and you start gaining/leveling up slabs and you become a damn beast it’s just top notch. I kept doing that big party level over and over because it was so fun clearing that mansion out.

The big party level is where I got ambushed on my way to the exit. I was devastated 😢 

• Sad 1

So once I hit the point that I knew I could finish it, I looked at all my remaining loose ends, and said “fuck it, I’ll just wrap it up now”. And so I did! My only complaint (probably my own fault for not exploring enough) is that I didn’t get any top tier trinkets until the absolute end of the game, so I couldn’t infuse them, or even see what they were. Ah well, I’m sure jump back in soon enough, try my hand at invasions or something. 

On 9/28/2022 at 9:15 PM, TheLeon said:

So once I hit the point that I knew I could finish it, I looked at all my remaining loose ends, and said “fuck it, I’ll just wrap it up now”. And so I did! My only complaint (probably my own fault for not exploring enough) is that I didn’t get any top tier trinkets until the absolute end of the game, so I couldn’t infuse them, or even see what they were. Ah well, I’m sure jump back in soon enough, try my hand at invasions or something. 

I kinda gave up on this but I may go back down the road. Without spoiling anything, was the ending satisfying?

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I kinda gave up on this but I may go back down the road. Without spoiling anything, was the ending satisfying?

The ending story-wise is fine. What was really satisfying was completing that final loop flawlessly. It's like Ocean's 11 - setting up the perfect, elaborate plan and executing it was a total blast. 

• Thanks 1

I feel like I haven't given this game enough of a chance. I've played through the initial "day" that sets everything up but it just wasn't grabbing me. I do feel like that "aha" moment has yet to present itself to me, but at the same time, how long do I have to give it to where it finally gets going? I kinda feel like if it's not doing anything for me by now, it's not going to.

For what it's worth, I don't really get off on doing the "perfect run" and I don't really like rogue-likes.

10 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Apparently, the creative director has confirmed that it's in the Dishonored universe.

Indeed he did:

yvpMn8EMAXkBznqzc3jXbC-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Creative director Dinga Bakaba said during an Xbox podcast that Deathloop is "one of the futures of the Dishonored world."

Of course, people figured this out a year ago :p