DEATHLOOP - Information Thread, update: Xbox Series/Game Pass/PS+ Extra release on September 20, new update includes extended ending/new enemies/new weapons (all platforms)

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Beat the game today, does this count as a rogue lite even though it doesn’t waste too much of your time? Because if so it’s my first one beaten and definitely my favorite! I don’t think I really want a whole bunch more games this style, but if they have to be rogue lite or whatever then I definitely want them pretty much exactly like this. I’m not sure if that translates as good or bad if you normally like the genre!

I think what Deathloop shows us is that there is plenty of innovation, or at least refining of roguelikes that can be done. I also generally am not drawn to the genre or structure, or whatever label it is, but for a game like Slay the Spire, I think it works well. Each run is different and pretty short, and the repetition is good. 

When it comes to a broad, story driven experience like Deathloop, I think it easily could have been incredibly frustrating if not for the very clear direction given to the player.

Perhaps my single greatest metric for games these days is how much it respects the player's time. Deathloop is very respectful, and I really appreciate that about it.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
DEATHLOOP_SmallCard_GU3PatchNotes.png?fm
BETHESDA.NET

Check out the full patch notes for Game Update 3, which includes a new Photo Mode, a slew of accessibility options and more.

DEATHLOOP_MobileCard_GU3.png?fm=jpg&q=70
BETHESDA.NET

DEATHLOOP’s third major game update introduces a brand-new Photo Mode, additional accessibility options, free PlayStation 5 avatars and more!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to DEATHLOOP - Information Thread, update: Game Update 3 released (Photo Mode, Accessibility Options)
  • 4 months later...
deathloop-review-1631529480656.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Deathloop could be on its way to Xbox imminently, one year after its release as a console exclusive on PlayStation 5. A…

Deathloop could be on its way to Xbox imminently, one year after its release as a console exclusive on PlayStation 5.

An advert for the game now appears on the Xbox dashboard with the option to pre-order now.

However, selecting the advert takes users to a blank screen as it's not yet available on the store itself.

@silentbob

• Hugs 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to DEATHLOOP - Information Thread, update: Xbox (and by extension, Game Pass) release appears to be imminent
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to DEATHLOOP - Information Thread, update: Xbox Series/Game Pass/PS+ Extra release on September 20, new update includes extended ending/new enemies/new weapons (all platforms)
On 9/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, stepee said:

all you nasty boys need to play this one it’s so good 

Knowing my tastes in games, do you think I'd enjoy this? I think it hits gamepass tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. I only watched a trailer and it reminded me of Dishonored 2 which I really enjoyed. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Knowing my tastes in games, do you think I'd enjoy this? I think it hits gamepass tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. I only watched a trailer and it reminded me of Dishonored 2 which I really enjoyed. 

If you liked that then you might like this, probably depends if the rogue lite nature of the game clicks with you or not.

It has been downloaded since 12am on my Xbox. It won't let me play it and it reads:

"You're too early. We know you really want to get started, but you'll have to wait a bit longer. Check Microsoft Store for the launch date"

Every where I read online it says it should have been available at 12am. 

Anyone else trying to get this?

I played this for an hour and thought it was really cool. Visually it looks awesome and controls fantastic. I will have to give it more time to see if I can handle the rogue like structure it has. Repeating things might turn me off but in the hour that I played it didn't annoy me at all. 

It's very well done and seems really polished. It definitely has Dishonored vibes which I like a lot and I like Colt and Julianna, too. So far so.  👍 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played this for an hour and thought it was really cool. Visually it looks awesome and controls fantastic. I will have to give it more time to see if I can handle the rogue like structure it has. Repeating things might turn me off but in the hour that I played it didn't annoy me at all. 

It's very well done and seems really polished. It definitely has Dishonored vibes which I like a lot and I like Colt and Julianna, too. So far so.  👍 

I dunno. I played it for about an hour and Julianna's grating personality is already annoying me. Maybe it's intentional to make me want to kill her. In that case it's working. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I dunno. I played it for about an hour and Julianna's grating personality is already annoying me. Maybe it's intentional to make me want to kill her. In that case it's working. 

Funny. I didn't find her annoying at all but maybe that will change. I downloaded this on both the PS5 and XSX to check out differences. 

The sound on the PS5 and the haptic feedback are positives. However, the game is much darker on the PS5 when compared to the XSX version. So visually it looks better imo on the XSX. For some reason the sound isn't as impressive but it's definitely ok and nothing I'm worried about. I'll play this on my XSX overall. 

Ok, played 2 hours if this and it reminds me of Bioshock in a lot of ways. Which is a good thing. I'm actually moving at a good pace and haven't had to restart any missions yet. I'm basically like Jason Voorhees with the knife and that's all I use.

I put my guns away and I kill everyone with the knife. It gets pretty tense and I like how if you die you pay the price. That makes the game fun imo. The game did freeze up on me on the XSX in the middle of a level which pissed me off. 

Overall, it's a pretty unique game. So far there is no way it's a 10/10 game like IGN and GameSpot gave it. But it's cool and something refreshing to play so I'm satisfied with it. 

A word of caution for those playing on the XSX. It will randomly freeze on you in the middle of a mission. It has happened to me 3 times now erasing all the progress I've made. For a game that is already repetitive having the game freeze on you and having to start over doesn't help. 😆

I had to turn it off because it was frustrating. I like the game overall...it's very strange and unique to me so I'm not giving up on it yet. If it freezes again I may have to start a new game on the PS5. :|

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

A word of caution for those playing on the XSX. It will randomly freeze on you in the middle of a mission. It has happened to me 3 times now erasing all the progress I've made. For a game that is already repetitive having the game freeze on you and having to start over doesn't help. 😆

I had to turn it off because it was frustrating. I like the game overall...it's very strange and unique to me so I'm not giving up on it yet. If it freezes again I may have to start a new game on the PS5. :|

Sounds like a piece of shit game tbh