Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved RE7, but I loved it less as you progressed to different environments. Which is kind of how I feel about every Resident Evil. Going from beautiful, intricate, cozy, but creepy homes to like a rank ass cave and some boring lab (RE2 is an exception as the lab there is, to me, interesting on its own) always just kind of sucks?

And it double sucks since escaping the initial environment is always so exciting, even RE7 got it right for a bit with the little trailer and a good chunk of bug zone, but then it feels like they're more concerned with monster encounters than making sure each area is as fun and interesting to explore as the first. 

Either extend that first area to be 90% of the game, or put as much effort into the rest as the first!

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I loved RE7, but I loved it less as you progressed to different environments. Which is kind of how I feel about every Resident Evil. Going from beautiful, intricate, cozy, but creepy homes to like a rank ass cave and some boring lab (RE2 is an exception as the lab there is, to me, interesting on its own) always just kind of sucks?

And it double sucks since escaping the initial environment is always so exciting, even RE7 got it right for a bit with the little trailer and a good chunk of bug zone, but then it feels like they're more concerned with monster encounters than making sure each area is as fun and interesting to explore as the first. 

Either extend that first area to be 90% of the game, or put as much effort into the rest as the first!

Yeah I agree. It would be really refreshing to me if they honestly just kept to a single environment even... like if the entirety of RE1 took place in the mansion with just a few weird rooms that hint at something bigger going on, I think I’d be into that. 

• Thanks 1

I'm so ready for this game, sucks I won't have a next gen console to play it on [ I I will have my LGCx77" by then ] but I'm sure my 2080Ti can do it justice, fingers crossed. This is the only game I'm ever really interested in right now. I know there's many more coming that I'll love but this is the one that I want most and it being just over a month away is awesome! I'm doing so well not having anything else ruined for me other that the very first trailer that was first dropped last year! My rig should be able to so 1440p / 120 with some ray tracing?

I don't know. I promised my wife that with all the shit with the 30 series launch, I accidently said I'm not buying one period and will wait for the 40 series launch and build a brand new PC.

Luckily I have a shit ton of much more important thing to spend money one right now {aka: LGCX 77"} but that's honestly put me possible Christmas 2022? I'll wait and watch and build when all the scalper paper launch crap is normalized. Thought even though it's early on if a I7 9700k, 2080Ti, 32gigs 3200 ddr4, 1Tb 970 Evo m.2 will give a better experience than these new consoles are giving us, I'm probably dreaming right???

33 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Thought even though it's early on if a I7 9700k, 2080Ti, 32gigs 3200 ddr4, 1Tb 970 Evo m.2 will give a better experience than these new consoles are giving us, I'm probably dreaming right???

Your system is significantly more powerful than either console, not sure why you'd want to downgrade to a PS5/XSX experience. At their best I think they might measure up to maybe a 2070 if you include raytracing performance?

Only potential issue is if the game for some reason has a shoddy PC port, which seems extremely unlikely with Capcom's output lately. I just hope they don't default to shit like distant monsters at 15FPS like they do with MH and RE2/3, both of which required mods to fix, and had no solution at all on consoles.