Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Really? I feel like most foliage in 99% of games are sprites. Especially bushes and grass. At this point I feel like it must've been a concession for last gen stuff. 

I think it’s not just that they look like sprites or one polygon count models, it’s that it’s doing it in a close up view with no dof effect or anything to cover it up. I also think the realistic lighting makes things like that stand out more. I’ve looked at some other games since I complained about how it looks and for some reason it just looks especially bad here.

Lady Dimitrescu is very angry at me. 

Spoiler

I've killed two of her daughters now, and a third one pops up when I get close to the wine room, I think.

When I play next, I'll be figuring out my way to the Hall of Pleasure where I'm pretty sure the last angel mask is.

She's really reminding me of Mr. X in this castle, but instead of STOMP STOMP STOMP, it's whatever noise high heels make.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Lady Dimitrescu is very angry at me. 

Reveal hidden contents

That doesn't last long AT ALL. No worries. 

7 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

lol glad they did that, goes over a lot of the things that annoyed me but didn’t know what the deal was. The AA thing for some reason I thought it was the ray tracing causing it because how do you mess up AA that badly but ya. Still a brilliant looking game but def has some kind of technical jank on pc. Then there’s also the memory leak. Good performance though, I don’t think it’s disappointing enough to wait if someone really wants to play though.

41-1620732607-792521281.jpeg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Resident Evil Village's mod scene is a terrifying body horror playground

KaspQXs2rZ47J2gB5Ea7bM-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Lady Thomas to baby Chris Redfield, a mod manager, FOV trainer and more

28-1620503835-995140089.jpeg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

We've compiled the weirdest of the weird for Resident Evil Village so you can go on the trip of a lifetime.

resident-evil-village-baby-redfield-mod.
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Today's gem is Chris Redfield's face on Ethan Winters' baby but it looks like things are going to get weirder quick.

resident-evil-village-mods.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Every mod from FOV sliders to Chris Redfield with a baby’s face

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage (07 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: the PC mods are getting very weird, very fast
2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So for some reason, I can't do Ray Tracing in the game. Anyone else had this problem? It just saying my hardware configuration prevents me. Doesn't make any sense. Haven't had this problem with any other game. 

I vaguely recall reading that you need to make sure you have the Windows 10 2004 update or else it'll incorrectly say you can't use raytracing.

This game is quite meaty. Without spoiling anything and being vague, I recently got one flask and then explored familiar area. Now for spoilers (I'm maybe 7 hours into the game but pretty sure I'm going slowly):

Spoiler

That area being the village itself, only this time I could hunt for food, open some extra doors, and get some treasure. I ended up earning quite a bit of money and using it on Duke, and now I'm in the doll's place, trying to figure out how to proceed with Mia's mannequin. I was surprised at how the game evolved after finding out what was in the flask and where to get the others. The castle itself allowed for plenty of gameplay, exploration, and puzzles, plus Dimitrescu serving as a Mr. X of sorts.

So coming back to the village was kind of cool since I could explore more areas. I found plenty of areas that couldn't be explored yet, but seeing all the other treasures and how I'll have to get a flask from each lord, I'm thinking the village seems to serve as a hub of sorts, something I'll probably be returning to after each lord.

This seems like quite a bit of content! Especially after the incredibly slim RE3 Remake. 

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Ahhh I’m in the classic “stuck in the safe room because the big monster hunting you won’t fucking walk far enough away” situation lol

Lady Dimitrescu? Because the STOMP STOMP STOMP of Mr. X was frightening, but so are her high heels.

8 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Ahhh I’m in the classic “stuck in the safe room because the big monster hunting you won’t fucking walk far enough away” situation lol

lol she's extremely easy to avoid. But she did follow me into the safe room. Her blades made it in and I thought she was going to come in! But it was just a glitch of sort because the door slammed in her face. It's always a relief in the safe room with the mellow music playing. :p

Oh she can definitely slice through the safe room door. It's never safe to stand near any door with her around. But if you back up a few steps you're fine. Her and most enemies have hard cutoff points where they'll stop following you, as well as soft ones where they won't follow you unless you sort of "force" them there by leading them or knocking them into said area.

I actually would like a mod to remove that, and let them follow you forever. Bet that could be fun for a super high end challenge mode. Might need to slow Dimitrescu down a bit in some areas though, since she's really hard to get around in tight spaces.

Think I'm up to damn near 70 hours according to Steam at this point. After finishing my first run on Hardcore, I immediately started two different Village of Shadows difficulty runs (one with some post-game stuff and one vanilla) and a casual mode run with the post-game stuff, as well as a bunch of time in the unlockable mode, which I just cleared, now need to go back and do it better. I'm having so much fun with the game it's crazy. Just finished my first Village of Shadows run and now I'm really going bonkers in a new run with even more stuff. Game makes NG+ very fun. Also I highly doubt my playtime is actually 70 hours, I'm starting to leave the game on while I go do things a lot more, I'm guessing I'm closer to 45-50, still a ton in a short amount of time but not quite 70!

By the way, do NOT try a vanilla Village of Shadows run once you unlock it. That mode is clearly tuned for you having post-game stuff. I'm 100% sure it's possible without it, but I imagine it would take some actual planning/routing with minimal fighting normal enemies (or tons and tons of melee) to actually have enough ammunition to kill bosses, plus the experience of killing them several times to be able to survive without chugging health potions too often. They take INSANE punishment on VoS.

There's some fun stuff in the unlockable mode that I think would be neat to be modded into the main game regarding some minor UI info, and I think the game would be amazing with a randomizer. I really hope we get some good mods!

9 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

I remember always cracking the door slightly in RE2R and watching Mr. X out in the hallway and he'd just stupidly walk in a circle or stand there idling and politely waiting for me to come out. Cool AI, bro. 

54 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I finally got out haha. I got all 4 masks and then spent some time just running around the castle trying to clear each room. Stupid crystal fragments haha. 

Lol. I feel you about the crystal fragments. Also, you're on your way to some cool shit. 

Okay, I need guidance.

Without giving much away, I'm at a place involving a doll. Now:

Spoiler

I've detached this doll, saw a bird in the eye, closed eyes in her arm, bandages and an item in her mouth. I washed the wedding ring and I have two of the three patterns on the door. There's a combination lock.

I don't want the answer to do everything, but I've been roaming around these couple of rooms stuck for 20 minutes and don't know wtf I'm doing. A nudge in the right direction would be very helpful!

13 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Okay, I need guidance.

Without giving much away, I'm at a place involving a doll. Now:

Hide contents

I've detached this doll, saw a bird in the eye, closed eyes in her arm, bandages and an item in her mouth. I washed the wedding ring and I have two of the three patterns on the door. There's a combination lock.

I don't want the answer to do everything, but I've been roaming around these couple of rooms stuck for 20 minutes and don't know wtf I'm doing. A nudge in the right direction would be very helpful!

Spoiler

IIRC, there may be more parts of the doll you can disassemble that aren’t immediately obvious.

EDIT

Spoiler

Did you open the lock?

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Hide contents

IIRC, there may be more parts of the doll you can disassemble that aren’t immediately obvious.

EDIT

Hide contents

Did you open the lock?

I just figured it out.

Spoiler

I'm an idiot who didn't examine the ring properly.