Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, Brick said:

There were mods for that? Didn't even know what was a thing, or that mods would be needed for it. Good to know whenever I get around to those games. 

Yeah, it's less of a big deal in Monster Hunter, but watching a distant zombie in a window animating at like 15 FPS looks like shit and ruins the atmosphere completely (for me) and there really is no reason for it, as changing it will incur essentially 0 performance loss, so it's definitely just some weird holdover from the console versions and their lil baby netbook CPUs.

416-1576823572-331458158.jpeg
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM

Make zombies always animate at full frame rate

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage (07 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: second demo appears to have been uploaded to the PSN backend
5 hours ago, HardAct said:

I'm hoping to check out the free game pass version first and then move my save to a pc version when it's on sale. Hope it works like that anyways

I don't want to say it's impossible but seems very unlikely. The only RE game that is on game pass is RE7 and cross saves seems even more unlikely (Unless it's like the RE7 version that is play anywhere)

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage (07 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: Resident Evil Showcase announced for April 15
20 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Your system is significantly more powerful than either console, not sure why you'd want to downgrade to a PS5/XSX experience. At their best I think they might measure up to maybe a 2070 if you include raytracing performance?

Only potential issue is if the game for some reason has a shoddy PC port, which seems extremely unlikely with Capcom's output lately. I just hope they don't default to shit like distant monsters at 15FPS like they do with MH and RE2/3, both of which required mods to fix, and had no solution at all on consoles. 

I don't want to downgrade at all. This PC is making the lack of one or both of the new console very easy to live with. I have never ever not had new consoles day one, but this time with the pandemic / scalpers and life shit it's been rather nice to just sit back and watch for once. I play all games on PC if I get the chance first, and a new Future build gaming PC isn't slated for this family until the Nvidia 40 series is announced and launched. I'm happy with my PC, and my Xbox 1x / ps4 pro! I'll grab either one of the consoles when I just bump into one of them on a shelf while browsing a best buy or Walmart, etc. No hurry and it feel good. Hell if I wait long enough there will be a mid generation upgrade too lol! I will pony up the 70/80 bucks for the deluxe version of RE8 and I can not wait!

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't want to say it's impossible but seems very unlikely. The only RE game that is on game pass is RE7 and cross saves seems even more unlikely (Unless it's like the RE7 version that is play anywhere)

yea I know, I was hopping back-n-forth between the MLB 21 The show thread and this one and got mixed up, I erased that sentence as it was meant for MLB The Show 21. I'm buying RE8 on PC as long as it isn't a bad port or something like that. Probably the Deluxe version

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage (07 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: "How Upgrades Work" video

So the game runs at 45fps on XSX and ps5 with ray tracing on which is hilariously dumb for a console game right now still alone, but ps5 doesn’t even have vrr yet. So for like 99.9% of people the ray tracing mode is going to run like absolute garbage by default.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

So the game runs at 45fps on XSX and ps5 with ray tracing on which is hilariously dumb for a console game right now still alone, but ps5 doesn’t even have vrr yet. So for like 99.9% of people the ray tracing mode is going to run like absolute garbage by default.

To be more specific:

sMwivxx.png?width=996&height=675

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage (07 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: Timed Demos info/new trailers/expected console performance stats
8 hours ago, best3444 said:

I anticipate reactions but won't watch. Thanks for the heads up.

It was basically Brittney Brombacher hosting. Showed  a new trailer, that was kinda like whatever, the bitrate in the video is ass. There will be a 1 hour demo where you can play two areas. They showed mercenaries mode, which looks like the mode from RE4 in first person. They showed off the netflix show. Then there was a bunch of sony people sucking them off for a couple of minutes before they ended that RE stuff will come to Dead by Daylight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

To be more specific:

sMwivxx.png?width=996&height=675

Digital Foundry's buying an extra case of coffee as we speak.

I don't get why Xbox Series S is 1440p/45 fps and the Xbox One X will output 1080p/60. Surely they could implement an FPS mode and run it at a locked 60 fps at 1080p.

It's kinda wonky that I'm probably better off playing it on my Xbox One X than my Series S.

I'm wondering if I should just play this on my Xbox one x since it will run at 60fps. I don't even think its worth me getting the xsx for this game. This is odd to me. How are they pulling off 60 on the one x?

Are the trailers good? What's everyone's thoughts on this game now that we have more spec information and new trailers?

12 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

No you can get 60 with your XSX, you just have to turn off raytracing.

Yea, in the spec sheet I see it runs 4k 6fps on the new consoles. Ray-tracing would be cool but if it barely runs at 45fps and not even locked that is not going to be an option I would choose.

But is 4k really worth it for me to buy an xsx when I can get 1080p 60fps on my one x?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Yea, in the spec sheet I see it runs 4k 6fps on the new consoles. Ray-tracing would be cool but if it barely runs at 45fps and not even locked that is not going to be an option I would choose.

But is 4k really worth it for me to buy an xsx when I can get 1080p 60fps on my one x?

For this one game? Probably not!

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

RE engine scales well and this was made for last gen consoles primarily.

Which is interesting because the PS5/XSX were apparently the lead sku's.

I am interested to see what other compromises were made for Xbox One and PS4 because i find it hard to believe that they can get 4K/60 on those systems but can't get a solid 60 on a Series S at a slightly higher res (or hell, just 1080p). 

Luckily with the whole Smart Delivery thing I can play it on the One X and the Series S and just stick with whichever one runs better.

9 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

but can't get a solid 60 on a Series S at a slightly higher res (or hell, just 1080p).

It's probably an estimate based on the max resolution of every console. I don't have a series S and don't know if games have a 1080p option, I'm sure it does. 🤷‍♀️

Also 2k isn't "slightly higher" it's double the size of 1080p.

I'll probably play it with high resolution on and 30fps on my one x. I'm conditioned to 30fps so I'm completely fine with that. I'll obviously test out the 1080p 60fps but might not stick with that. 

The Xbox Series S specs are extremely disappointing. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I see. Well this saves me $600 lol

This game had a lot of reports about difficulties getting it to run on last gen systems, so I’d probably check to see if it’s really sticking to 60fps on the X before you enjoy all that 1/4th resolution toned down graphics goodness!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll probably play it with high resolution on and 30fps on my one x. I'm conditioned to 30fps so I'm completely fine with that. I'll obviously test out the 1080p 60fps but might not stick with that. 

The Xbox Series S specs are extremely disappointing. 

Just a note that RE7, RE2, and RE3 are 60fps on X, so if you played those games, you will be getting a 50% cut in frame rate at 30fps.

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Just a note that RE7, RE2, and RE3 are 60fps on X, so if you played those games, you will be getting a 50% cut in frame rate at 30fps.

I played RE7 on ps4 vr. I played RE2 on the X but had no idea it was running at 60fps...

I get what you're saying overall. I'll wait for reviews and user impressions before making any moves. Thanks for the info.

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played RE7 on ps4 vr. I played RE2 on the X but had no idea it was running at 60fps...

I get what you're saying overall. I'll wait for reviews and user impressions before making any moves. Thanks for the info.

Ya, youve probably played more 60fps than you think, the big deal with it right now is consoles hitting it more on larger open world and more demanding games because they finally have a decent cpu coupled with things like temporal upscaling, dynamic resolution, and a high enough target of 4k that they can cut it in half to 1440p and it doesn’t look too bad and make 4k/30 and 1400p/60 modes.

Last gen you couldn’t scale in the same way we can now, so you’d never see something like AC at 60fps because it doesn’t matter how much you scale the resolution since the cpu is bottlenecking the frame rate.

Doom, RE2, most sports games, COD, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Mario usually, some other Nintendo stuff, etc. are 60fps.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ya, youve probably played more 60fps than you think, the big deal with it right now is consoles hitting it more on larger open world and more demanding games because they finally have a decent cpu coupled with things like temporal upscaling, dynamic resolution, and a high enough target of 4k that they can cut it in half to 1440p and it doesn’t look too bad and make 4k/30 and 1400p/60 modes.

Last gen you couldn’t scale in the same way we can now, so you’d never see something like AC at 60fps because it doesn’t matter how much you scale the resolution since the cpu is bottlenecking the frame rate.

Doom, RE2, most sports games, COD, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Mario usually, some other Nintendo stuff, etc. are 60fps.

Do you think 1400p/60 mode will be the peak this new gen (for games like Ass Creed) or will the mid cycle consoles be able to hit 4k/60?

Also, playing Doom Eternal I said to myself, this has to be 60fps. It was butter smooth.

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Do you think 1400p/60 mode will be the peak this new gen (for games like Ass Creed) or will the mid cycle consoles be able to hit 4k/60?

Also, playing Doom Eternal I said to myself, this has to be 60fps. It was butter smooth.

Well AC 60fps mode is already dynamic 4k at like 1620p or so average. It’s really hard to say, depends what they end up prioritizing but for 60fps modes with ray tracing absolutely.

What I expect is sort of like what we are seeing now of a mix of 1440p/4k 60 to continue but only with the mid gen consoles picking up the mantle for those targets when they arrive.

In a way it might make the refresh less exciting this time because I don’t see us getting anything new like 4k/hdr this time, just keeping the same performance on the new more demanding games. If AMD can come up with a dlss competitor in time for them then of course that changes.

Edit: In a weird way I think Series S has standardized 60fps for consoles, because with it existing you have to have this sort of flexibility for everything besides Sony 1st party. Maybe like super late gen if they just need to fully tax the cpu, but there doesn’t seem much reason not to have a lower res 60fps mode anymore.

Back on topic: If the RT mode for this is actually anything close to 4k then I have no idea why in the hell they wouldn’t just lower the resolution 25% and make it 60fps to avoid the judder hell this will be.

• Thanks 1