Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

I actually don't really care about the perspective, just really want a meatier game with a better balance between combat a d exploration than RE7 this time. The 'special message' trailer really seems to go that route though so I'm pretty psyched about it.

I told them first person greatly lowered my anticipation for the game and explained that I find first person horror cheap as it is almost always used to spawn enemies just outside your field of view. I don't find that scary, just annoying. 

9 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I was annoyed there wasn’t an option for 

“Yes, for the first couple hours. Then it will be set in an underground research facility”

That's a good one because my thought was almost exactly the same but more like:

"Initially yes, and it'll be glorious, until it inevitably devolves into a generic sewer leading to some variation of the 'uninspired sterile area where you mix a serum' finale"

For god's sake RE8, no more sewers and sterile final area. 

14 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I told them that anyone asking for third-person was not only just a troll, but actively hated Resident Evil.

I told them there are people who are rigging the results and lying and that Xbob42 has no brain.

• Shocked 1

On 6/11/2020 at 2:54 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm glad that this has finally been officially announced. It was the worst kept secret for months. Now they can finally fucking talk about it and give us some actual info.

Resident Evil got me into consoles and after a loss of direction seems to back on track to stay in my life, I love this trailer! Loved RE7 and this looks to be pretty good also. I think they realize what the gamer's want from these games and I love them for it. Along with RE4 being remade, getting amazing RE'versions of RE2 and 3. I'm a happy fan. Now the wait isn't that long . . .

32 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Resident Evil got me into consoles and after a loss of direction seems to back on track to stay in my life, I love this trailer! Loved RE7 and this looks to be pretty good also. I think they realize what the gamer's want from these games and I love them for it. Along with RE4 being remade, getting amazing RE'versions of RE2 and 3. I'm a happy fan. Now the wait isn't that long . . .

Have you seen the 'Special Developer Message' (I think it's called that) video? I thought it was way better and more informative than the trailer. 

42 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There is a lot of hate for it. Also, a lot of people who wanted it to be what it looked like at E3.

I, however, thought it was the best out of the 3 (without having played 2)

RE2 is just so good, and I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't yet played it. It's in my top 5 {like anyone cares} all time!

6 minutes ago, HardAct said:

RE2 is just so good, and I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't yet played it. It's in my top 5 {like anyone cares} all time!

He's referring to BioShock in that post, not Resident Evil.

I loved Infinite, and I remember people didn't like it at the time, but I thought it's re-appraisal since has been positive?

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He's referring to BioShock in that post, not Resident Evil.

I loved Infinite, and I remember people didn't like it at the time, but I thought it's re-appraisal since has been positive?

I don't see Bio Shock, I see RE Village as the topic? Maybe losing my mind, not the first time a topic went right over my head.

2 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I don't see Bio Shock, I see RE Village as the topic? Maybe losing my mind, not the first time a topic went right over my head.

Read the whole page of this thread. Infinite gets name dropped, and @Keyser_Soze is responding to @Brick about being surprised about people not liking Bioshock Infinite. The thread is about Resident Evil, that is correct. I think he means he hasn't played Bioshock 2.

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Read the whole page of this thread. Infinite gets name dropped, and @Keyser_Soze is responding to @Brick about being surprised about people not liking Bioshock Infinite. The thread is about Resident Evil, that is correct. I think he means he hasn't played Bioshock 2.

Or just read the quote where it says "people didn't like infinite?" and he's quoting someone who mentions Bioshock Infinite :p

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Or just read the quote where it says "people didn't like infinite?" and he's quoting someone who mentions Bioshock Infinite :p

OK, I got it! and to be fair I did see the "Infinite" quote, I wrote it off as irreverent. Geezee guys, not my proudest moment...lol :bow:

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: 2nd Trailer