Demon's Souls Remake (PS5 Launch) - Information Thread, update: Official Gameplay Trailer

If this had been a From remake, I would definitely consider getting a PS5 for this game. Hell, I got a PS4 for Bloodborne. I could have easily gone this whole gen without a PS4.

But I'm not a huge fan of Bluepoint, so I think I'm fine waiting a year to see if it comes to PC. And honestly, after a year, I probably won't even care that much anymore, so I could see myself waiting even longer to get a PS5.

• Emperor Diocletian II changed the title to Demon's Souls Remake (PS5 Launch) - Information Thread, update: Official Gameplay Trailer
14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Something looked very off about this trailer, it looked fake. One hit kills and the whole motion didn't feel right.

Yeah the trailer was really weird. Like I don't want to be nitpicky just because I know it's not From, but showing the first gameplay where they're just casually running around one-shotting enemies is strange (yes I know it's the tutorial level). And I've played very little of Demon's Souls, but is there no poise? Does shield use only affect endurance?

Also weird they didn't show the HUD. The game releases in two months.

15 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Yeah the trailer was really weird. Like I don't want to be nitpicky just because I know it's not From, but showing the first gameplay where they're just casually running around one-shotting enemies is strange (yes I know it's the tutorial level). And I've played very little of Demon's Souls, but is there no poise? Does shield use only affect endurance?

Also weird they didn't show the HUD. The game releases in two months.

Yeah it looks very much like a tech demo of "Hey we made something that looks like this game but isn't exactly a game yet" The camera movement doesn't look like a real play through and it's way too close to the character. The character doesn't even react when an enemy hits his shield and as you said no hud.

It seems like there is no weight to anything, which is strange because From games are notorious for having wacky ragdoll. :p

14 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Don't know what you all were expecting, but this had me really excited after watching the 4K version (just dropped).  Never played a Souls game, this makes me want to change that.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah it looks very much like a tech demo of "Hey we made something that looks like this game but isn't exactly a game yet" The camera movement doesn't look like a real play through and it's way too close to the character. The character doesn't even react when an enemy hits his shield and as you said no hud.

It seems like there is no weight to anything, which is strange because From games are notorious for having wacky ragdoll. :p

Yeah, this.

I thought the new trailer looked fucking fantastic. The moves looked like they had weight to them, the camera was closer in and more intimate, and the graphics were off the charts.