Demon's Souls Remake OT - You Died, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

29 minutes ago, Bacon said:

players can choose between two graphics modes while playing: one focused on fidelity, and one focused on frame rate

Why is this still a thing? You'd think with the move to PS5 we'd be done having to choose. Especially for remakes of older games, it should just run at 60fps by default.

1 minute ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I've never played Demon's Souls, but these were the same concerns regarding the Shadow of the Colossus remake and in the end it's absolutely the superior, definitive version of that game.  I believe Digital Foundry had a breakdown about Bluepoint's process of using the original code base for their remakes, which means they should play nearly identically to the originals.  I would imagine this would be the same, so the game play should fundamentally be unaltered between the two versions, aside from performance enhancements.  Unless I'm way off on this.

I hope it does,once you have played these games enough times you know when something is off. From fanboys will analyze that shit for the next decade complaining about the differences, look no further then this thread, some of us are already bitching about it.

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

@SaysWho? I'LL BE THE JUDGE AS TO YOU BEING THE JUDGE OF WHAT MY PREFERENCES ARE

fuck

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The bottom image may look a million times better but it also doesn't look like a souls game

jNaL4jb.jpg

That bottom image could be from doom and you wouldn't even know. 

I would definitely know that's not Doom.

I mean, the top looks like a Souls games... cuz it's a Souls game. But I don't think there's much resemblance between that and Bloodborne.

That's a very old argument in art in general and it just boils down to preference ultimately. Many musical recordings were defined by limitations in one form or another and whenever artists re-record these technically flawed versions, the outcome is sterile.

Sorry but I have to say I feel the same way about this. I'm still buying it no matter what but there is something really off and over-designed about that trailer's art that turned me off.

Of course it technically looks better but aesthetically I just don't like it based on what they've shown. I would've preferred a remaster myself.

Just now, johnny said:

A week before this game comes out Bacon is going to post a thread titled “I am not touching the Demon Soul’s remake. Major fucking spoilers. I am triple tagging spoilers.” 

Bruh, if they go full FF7R you bet your ass I will. 

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

36cfd5a7a190b7c0f2f596e7200177e4.jpg

EFwBFWO.png

The more I look, the more I'm impressed with how they captured the look of what Demon's Souls was supposed to be.

So, neither look like that piece of art. And I have doubts that the Boletarian Palace was supposed to be 100% moss covered ruins. 

latest?cb=20130714091505

43 minutes ago, Brick said:

Why is this still a thing? You'd think with the move to PS5 we'd be done having to choose. Especially for remakes of older games, it should just run at 60fps by default.

This is the new standard for games. Keeps the bitching to a minimum. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

But you're not. 

Nah.

file.jpg

and now i'm seeing that concept art actually brought to life. I really can't complain. 🤷‍♂️

And then it begs the question. If the new one resembles the intention more than the actual game did, is that really an issue?"

Here's a screenshot, which looks more like the concept art.

1591917964-jeet0qo.jpg

Like, I get liking a bad looking game means liking a game with "character" or something, but the remake is clearly closer to what was imagined.

• Like 1

https://www.neoseeker.com/demons-soul/concept_art/

latest?cb=20130714091505

artwork.demons-souls-i-2009.2560x1623.20

demons_soul_conceptart_FORal.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_mz55f.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_ihcvG.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_JgPdq.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_HQ0Wr.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_eknYe.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_IuDCL.jpg

demons_soul_conceptart_WkrwV.jpg

The odd piece out here is the ruined forest. I think most of what there were going for made it in the game. The Boletarian Palace is never shown in ruins and matches the first picture in this post. I think every piece of concept art here made it into the game in at least some way. Well, except for the forest/wooded/ruined area. Kinda fucky using that one image to say this is what the game should look like. 

After seeing the reactions to both of their remakes...if bluepoint wanted to goof on their entire audiencewould it be as simple as hiring artists who worked on the Souls games to help art direct this one and revealing it later in a production diary or something?

I don't think From is some untouchable entity making perfect products and that any of their products being remain need to be some pure, identical looking item that sucks the cock of the original game. Try something new, see how it turns out.

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I don't think From is some untouchable entity making perfect products and that any of their products being remain need to be some pure, identical looking item that sucks the cock of the original game. Try something new, see how it turns out.

I'm just excited to get into the game; I missed out on its release and didn't even have a PS3 at the time.

17 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Try something new, see how it turns out.

OK, sure, but I'll just play something else when I want something new. This is my same thing with Zelda. People complained about it being the same thing over and over again, but that is what I like. Same thing, but different every time. That is what I like about From games. It is doing the Zelda thing. 

35 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Like this remake? :]

I mean, unless the combat/movement is ruined, I am gonna get it. Already said that. I mean, they could make the game look like SMO and I'd still get it. But sure as fuck I am gonna bitch and moan about the visual changes that change the mood of the game. I 100% expect tower of latria to look like total dogshit. I bet the ambiance will be dialed up to 11 to "make it spookier" but in the end it will be less spooky and I bet the area will be lit up too brightly as well. 

If the remake is gonna control like DaS2, LotF, The Surge, or something like that, then I will one hundred percent not get the game. I HATE how those games feel to play, and I hate how slow they are. I wanna fuckin zoom man. I love that each From game has basically gotten faster. DaS2 doesn't and it is a lesser game for lesser people. 

This being a "remake" does worry. I didn't want a remake of DeS. I wanted it to me more of a Remaster. Same with FF7. I want the graphics of FF7R but that was about it. Like, visually, FF7R did a great job at making Midgar look how it did in my memories. DeS isn't doing that and I don't like that. The Boletarian Palace being green isn't what I want nor do I think that was their intent when DeS was made. 

On 6/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, Bacon said:

The bottom image may look a million times better but it also doesn't look like a souls game

jNaL4jb.jpg

That bottom image could be from doom and you wouldn't even know. 

😂😂😂😂 this is like the WORST take 😂😂😂😔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1