Jump to content

Demon's Souls Remake OT - You Died, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted


Recommended Posts

93 from Game Informer: "For newcomers, Demon’s Souls will be the first exploration into the duality of despair and triumph, and hopefully go on to become a starting point for new Souls fans. For veterans, it’s a homage to an experiment that kicked off a fantastic genre. Either way, it’s wonderful that the nascent ethers from the original classic have coalesced and given us this delightful treat."

 

demons_souls_church.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

Bluepoint serves up a scintillating remake of FromSoftware's classic.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

These guys loved the new audio.

 

 

As always, I definitely reserve my final judgment until I get to actually play the game and honestly, it'll probably change my opinion as well. Just watching the gameplay footage and all as well as the original trailers, the sound design is very conservative and...typical compared to the original still I think. I'm sure quality-wise though, what they did do is more than likely amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Is the digital deluxe version worth it?

 

If you want the extra items you can't actually get by playing the game, you'll have to decide if that's worth it to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Game Information

Game Title: Demon's Souls (2020 Remake)

Platforms:

  • PlayStation 5 (Nov 12, 2020)


Developer: Bluepoint Games

 

Publisher: PlayStation
    
Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 92 average - 100% recommended

Critic Reviews


Digitally Downloaded - 5 / 5 stars

Quote

Demon's Souls kicked off what has become an exhausting caricature in the games industry. From "git gud" to comparing every halfway difficult game to the Souls series, Demon's Souls is ultimately responsible for that. It wasn't the most commercially successful game in itself, but word of mouth earned it a cult status and was directly responsible for the very mainstream Dark Souls. And now people can re-discover the dark majesty of that series foundation. It's a game that deserves to be elevated beyond the jokes and seen as a genuine piece of video game art. I would be very interested if those who have come to the Souls series later will find the deliberately unpolished elements of this remake to be as appealing, but given that FromSoftware will almost certainly never touch the King's Field series again, for me, personally, this is as good as it's ever going to get. As a PlayStation 5 launch title, it's a fascinating example of something that is both deliberately old and a brilliant use of the console's very new hardware, and brought together, Demon's Souls is reason enough to own the console, all into itself.


PlayStation Universe - 10 / 10

Quote

An absolute blueprint on how to remake a beloved title and meaningfully improve upon on it in ways that new cutting edge technologies make possible, Demon's Souls on PlayStation 5 is more than just the best launch game for any system in recent memory. Its re-emergence and digestible approach to its seemingly daunting challenge now opens the door once more to an all-new generation of PlayStation gamers to a kickstart a second coming for Souls subgenre. Demon's Souls is nothing less than a breathless triumph in every way.


Push Square - 10 / 10

Quote

Teensy quibbles aside, it's difficult to imagine how this Demon's Souls remake could be any better. It looks great, it sounds amazing, and it's extremely respectful of the PS3 original, which has aged surprisingly well after all these years. This is an exceptional remake, and it's exactly what Demon's Souls deserves.


TheGamer - 5 / 5 stars

Quote

Demon’s Souls is the best PS5 game you can play at launch, and I’m sure it will go down in history as one of the best launch titles of all time. The Old One has awoken and I hope this review feeds it more souls. It deserves a full belly.


TrustedReviews - 5 / 5 stars

Quote

Demon's Souls is a masterpiece. Bluepoint Games has crafted a beautiful remake that embodies everything that made the original experience so special, maintaining all of its vital elements while building upon everything that matters. This can proudly join Breath of the Wild as one of the best launch games of all time.


Atomix - Spanish - 95 / 100

Quote

En epic remake for an epic game. Bluepoint Games did an espectacular job bringing back this huge classic. The best way to begin the PS5's cicle.


Destructoid - 9.5 / 10

Quote

Bluepoint Games and From Software are among the best in the business, and we're fortunate to have their strengths coalesce for such a stellar remake. This console generation is less than a week old, but something tells me we're still going to be raving about Demon's Souls when it comes to a close.


Digital Chumps - 9.5 / 10

Quote

If you need a challenge that is less forgiving than the Dark Souls' series, then you want Demon's Souls. Bluepoint Games brings the very essence of the original 2009 title with this remastered version, upgrades the experience with PS5 hardware, and makes the game more terrifying.


GotGame - 9.5 / 10

Quote

Despite everything, when all is said and done, Demon’s Souls is darn near perfect. For those who missed out on the PS3 title that started it all and those who waited the entire PS4 generation for a remaster, now is the time to enjoy.


Areajugones - Spanish - 9.4 / 10

Quote

If the original title was already a work of art as a video game, this remake goes a step further, offering the same experience and sensations but exponentially improving many of its sections. Its renewed audiovisual appearance also makes it the best exponent of the new generation that we have just premiered. Demon's Souls Remake has reasons of weight to consider it even better game, than the one that debuted in the distant 2009.


Fextralife - 9.3 / 10

Quote

Demon's Souls Remake is a faithful reconstruction of the original game with subtle modern-day improvements. A genre-defining masterpiece, it's one of those games that is not for everyone but should be tried by everyone. Running beautifully in 4k and smoothly at 60FPS, Boletaria will entice you to go further, explore deeper, and dare to die again. Fully worth the PS5 launch price.


Game Informer - 9.3 / 10

Quote

At once both a fascinating history lesson for the now ubiquitous Souls-like genre and an enjoyable romp in its own right, this remake gives plenty of reasons to return to the Nexus


Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 92 / 100

Quote

As a Black Maiden, Bluepoint Games revives Demon's Souls on the PlayStation 5 Nexus by achieving something that seems impossible: a game that faithfully and quite rightly recreates all the good things in the original while feeling current. It feels next-gen.


Cerealkillerz - German - 9.1 / 10

Quote

Bluepoint delivers here, just like with Shadow of the Colossus an amazing work of art and shows again how a good remake of such a game has to look like. Demon's Souls is the new display what next-gen should look and feel like and was even optimized gameplay wise at the right parts. If you can live with everything the original was about and even some new challenges, you'll experience the PS5s game of the year.


Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote

Parts brutal and beautiful, Demon's Souls on the PlayStation 5 is the definitive way to play this modern-day classic.


Easy Allies - 9 / 10

Quote

Demon's Souls on the PS5 is one of the finest examples of a remake out there thanks to its stunning visuals, great music, and numerous quality of life improvements. *Review Copy Provided by PlayStation*


GameSpot - 9 / 10

Quote

Bluepoint delivers a Demon's Souls remake that is as much its own as it is From Software's, and it shows off the power of the PS5 with it.


GamingBolt - 9 / 10

Quote

Demon's Souls manages to do everything it needs to do, and this remake is a testament to just how good of a game the original was, that all it needed was a fresh coat of paint and still be nothing less than fantastic.


Hardcore Gamer - 4.5 / 5

Quote

Demon's Souls is not only the best PlayStation 5 game, it's the next-generation experience you were hoping for.


IGN - 9 / 10

Quote

In Demon's Souls, a touch of smart quality of life changes and gorgeous visuals go a long way in modernizing this tough PS3 classic.


Metro GameCentral - 9 / 10

Quote

A fantastic remake of one of the most influential games of recent history, with stunning visuals and improved technical features that make it easier and less frustrating to play for everyone.


Press Start - 9 / 10

Quote

Demon's Soul is without a doubt one of the strongest PS5 launch titles, providing one of the most challenging, yet rewarding experiences. Bluepoint's treatment, although controversial, is immaculate and represents the best way to experience the classic that started it all.


Screen Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote

As a launch title for the PlayStation 5, Demon’s Souls has something to offer both Soulsborne veterans who want to see an old favorite shine and newcomers looking for a gritty, sometimes disheartening experience that demands perseverance.


TrueGaming - Arabic - 9 / 10

Quote

It doesn't matter if you played the original Demon's Souls or just starting the series. It is without a doubt our favorite launch title.


USgamer - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote

The Demon's Souls is a gorgeous technical powerhouse. Fans may differ on stylistic aesthetic choices, but the core game remains the same challenging and precise experience. It's a perfect way to begin a new console generation for the core gaming set, and an all-time classic you will beg your friends to play.


We Got This Covered - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote

Bluepoint Games' remake of Demon's Souls maintains a few of the original's less-than-ideal quirks, but its breathtakingly gorgeous visuals and updated gameplay make it a prodigious accomplishment nonetheless.


Everyeye.it - Italian - 8.8 / 10

Quote

Demon's Souls is in a very strange position: on the one hand, as the launch game of PlayStation 5, it has the task of emphasizing the generational passage as effectively as possible, transmitting a sense of wonder that accompanies the arrival of the new hardware; on the other hand, however, it cannot misrepresent the philosophy and playful approach that From Software had imprinted on the original title.


Spaziogames - Italian - 8.8 / 10

Quote

Demons' Souls is probably the most respectful remake we've ever seen: the core is the same, but the game finally looks like a real next-gen opera that enhances a true pillar of the genre.


Video Chums - 8.4 / 10

Quote

Demon's Souls is an excellent game whether you're new to the franchise, have only played the Dark Souls games, or are a fan of the original. However, if you fit in the latter group like I do then you may be disappointed by its less visceral yet admittedly gorgeous world.


Daily Mirror - 4 / 5 stars

Quote

Easily the best looking launch title for the machine, it sets a new bar for all the remasters and remakes that are now part of the annual release schedules.

 


The groundbreaking core of the game remains as engaging as ever, tweaked to feel more up-to-date with modern sensibilities. Whether you missed the original, played it to death or simply want to see where all the Souls fuss started, this is worth your time.

 


Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

Quote

Demon's Souls PS5 is an amazing remake. Technically, it's almost perfect, visually jaw-dropping. On the gameplay side, it's almost the same game as twelve years ago. We can regret that some improvements seen in Dark Souls or Bloodborne are not part of the journey, but if you need one game for you PS5 or are tempted by discovering the Souls series, you can't miss it.


Ars Technica - Unscored

Quote

A must-buy for PlayStation 5, should you have the stomach for the original gameplay formula.


Echo Boomer - Portuguese - Loved

Quote

Even for someone who doesn't follow this genre, you can't shake the felling of how genius and ambitious this remake is. A tour de force in game design and craftsmanship, that despite the stress and frustations of its challenges, it makes for an excelent and inviting adventure.


Eurogamer - Recommended

Quote

There's friction between the original and this lavish remake, but this is a scintillating launch title that shows off the PS5's strengths.


Kotaku - Unscored

Quote

Demon’s Souls on PlayStation 5 is very much the Demon’s Souls you remember from PlayStation 3. It doesn’t miss a beat, nailing the same melancholy atmosphere and compelling gameplay that would eventually spawn fellow instant-classics like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. While there were bound to be a few aspects that could have been more faithful to the original, PlayStation 5’s Demon’s Souls remake stands out as an incredibly fun way to revisit the cursed land of Boletaria. It’s creepy. It’s gloomy. You’ll get invaded by laggy assholes near the end of a long level and have to do the whole thing over again. It feels like coming home.


Polygon - Polygon Recommends

Quote

One of the nicest new additions to Demon's Souls is a photo mode. In addition to giving players the option to actually pause Demon's Souls - something you couldn't do in the original - it also takes some lovely screenshots. (See: every image in this review.)


TheSixthAxis - Unscored

Quote

It’s certainly lost some of that unique style but it’s still a remake well worth playing. We just hope those picking up a copy with their PS5 on launch day know what they’re getting into.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Demon's Souls Remake (12 November 2020) OT - You Died, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
14 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Remake or not, those kind of scores are a rarity for a launch game.  And the PS3 game was still pretty niche on the whole.

Its so damn good. 
 

goddamn I want another bloodborne. I could not believe how much I loved that game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know when I'll get around to buying a PS5, but I'll definitely grab this game with the system. 

 

Now that I think about it, the original was one of the first games I got with my PS3, along with Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After looking at some gameplay videos, it looks like they made a mistake with the menus. Going to your equipment screen looks nice with item models, and a dark background, but this game doesn't pause, so that's why the original, as far as I remember, let you keep an eye on the world so you would see if an enemy was coming towards you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I don't know when I'll get around to buying a PS5, but I'll definitely grab this game with the system. 

 

Now that I think about it, the original was one of the first games I got with my PS3, along with Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted. 

 

I look forward to buying it, playing a good 10 hours and then remembering that actual Souls games annoy me more than I enjoy them. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Brick said:

After looking at some gameplay videos, it looks like they made a mistake with the menus. Going to your equipment screen looks nice with item models, and a dark background, but this game doesn't pause, so that's why the original, as far as I remember, let you keep an eye on the world so you would see if an enemy was coming towards you. 

Maybe it's intentional, to have you feel less safe when fiddling with your equipment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

 

I look forward to buying it, playing a good 10 hours and then remembering that actual Souls games annoy me more than I enjoy them. 

 

Ditto. I think Demon's Souls is actually the only one i've never played. I'm consistently terrible at them and the annoy the shit out of me but i'm so intrigued by the world and concept that i keep trying to play them.

 

Is Demon Souls "easier" by any chance? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Is Demon Souls "easier" by any chance? 

DeS is the easiest of the souls games, but that may not be easy enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

 

Ditto. I think Demon's Souls is actually the only one i've never played. I'm consistently terrible at them and the annoy the shit out of me but i'm so intrigued by the world and concept that i keep trying to play them.

 

Is Demon Souls "easier" by any chance? 

I can only base this on the original PS3 game but while Demon's Souls is technically maybe the easiest of the Souls games, the game has a mechanic that later one didn't employ which is cutting your HP in half if you die. There's an item to alleviate the HP penalty and you can of course gain your 'soul' back for the full health bar but personally, I spent a majority of the time with diminished HP and it can make the game pretty fucking tough at points. 

 

By no means is it suddenly easy compared to the others. It's mainly simpler and bosses don't have like four fuck-you phases yet like in later From titles.

 

@Keyser_Soze is right though, it's mainly about staying vigilant.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I can only base this on the original PS3 game but while Demon's Souls is technically maybe the easiest of the Souls games, the game has a mechanic that later one didn't employ which is cutting your HP in half if you die. There's an item to alleviate the HP penalty and you can of course gain your 'soul' back for the full health bar but personally, I spent a majority of the time with diminished HP and it can make the game pretty fucking tough at points. 

 

By no means is it suddenly easy compared to the others. It's mainly simpler and bosses don't have like four fuck-you phases yet like in later From titles.

 

@Keyser_Soze is right though, it's mainly about staying vigilant.  

 

Interesting. I was really enjoying Bloodborne for a while, until I reached that guy in the little graveyard that turned into a werewolf or some shit. That guy was cheap as hell imo. That's the kind of stuff that turns me off about these kinds of games. I get the learning of enemy placements and everything and I was actually able to run through the map and literally clear everything, but then the only way left to go would be into that boss battle and that guy would just annihilate me every time. Even if a boss is tough, if he's fair I can eventually overcome it. I'm not that bad. But that guy, nothing I tried seemed to work and I just got tired of not being able to make it past the first area of the game. 

 

I'll eventually get a PS5 and by the time I do, this game will probably be seeing regular discounts so I'll likely give it a shot as well.

 

Also, I am playing Jedi Fallen Order now and I'm doing alright. I managed to beat Oggdo Bogdo or whatever tf its name was. That's probably the toughest thing I've fought so far in that game. I imagine Fallen Order is probably more forgiving but since it's that type of game I've been hesitant to try it. Now it's on Game Pass so I didn't have an excuse. I've been dying a lot but I can see the appeal to trying over and over, I just wish the loading times were so f'ing atrocious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

 

Interesting. I was really enjoying Bloodborne for a while, until I reached that guy in the little graveyard that turned into a werewolf or some shit. That guy was cheap as hell imo. That's the kind of stuff that turns me off about these kinds of games. I get the learning of enemy placements and everything and I was actually able to run through the map and literally clear everything, but then the only way left to go would be into that boss battle and that guy would just annihilate me every time. Even if a boss is tough, if he's fair I can eventually overcome it. I'm not that bad. But that guy, nothing I tried seemed to work and I just got tired of not being able to make it past the first area of the game. 

 

I'll eventually get a PS5 and by the time I do, this game will probably be seeing regular discounts so I'll likely give it a shot as well.

 

Also, I am playing Jedi Fallen Order now and I'm doing alright. I managed to beat Oggdo Bogdo or whatever tf its name was. That's probably the toughest thing I've fought so far in that game. I imagine Fallen Order is probably more forgiving but since it's that type of game I've been hesitant to try it. Now it's on Game Pass so I didn't have an excuse. I've been dying a lot but I can see the appeal to trying over and over, I just wish the loading times were so f'ing atrocious.

I don't blame anyone for just dropping From games and going yeah nah fuck this. The basic loop of Demon's Souls may actually be even less to your liking to be quite frank and I say that because Demon's basically has a level structure unlike Bloodborne or the other Souls games. What that means is that there is no 'ah maybe I missed a bonfire/lantern closer to the boss to respawn from', you always start at the beginning of the level if you die to a boss in Demon's. The levels, or worlds, themselves have sub-sections but yeah, the way back to bosses is often quite a bit longer than Bloodborne or DS if I remember correctly.

 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Demon's in quite some years now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bloodporne said:

I don't blame anyone for just dropping From games and going yeah nah fuck this. The basic loop of Demon's Souls may actually be even less to your liking to be quite frank and I say that because Demon's basically has a level structure unlike Bloodborne or the other Souls games. What that means is that there is no 'ah maybe I missed a bonfire/lantern closer to the boss to respawn from', you always start at the beginning of the level if you die to a boss in Demon's. The levels, or worlds, themselves have sub-sections but yeah, the way back to bosses is often quite a bit longer than Bloodborne or DS if I remember correctly.

 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Demon's in quite some years now.

 

bummer. definitely not going to play this then if i have to go all the way back to very beginning of a level and clear it all just to try the boss again. 

 

thats always been a turnoff for me with the souls games is the repetitiveness of having to redo levels over and over until its so routine, its just boring. its 2 step forward, 10 steps back - over and over and over again. its just exhausting and loses its fun for me rather quick. 

 

if they placed bonfires/lanterns right in front of a boss fight - i could enjoy them more. i do like the challenge, but i hate the death penalties. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, atom631 said:

 

bummer. definitely not going to play this then if i have to go all the way back to very beginning of a level and clear it all just to try the boss again. 

 

thats always been a turnoff for me with the souls games is the repetitiveness of having to redo levels over and over until its so routine, its just boring. its 2 step forward, 10 steps back - over and over and over again. its just exhausting and loses its fun for me rather quick. 

 

if they placed bonfires/lanterns right in front of a boss fight - i could enjoy them more. i do like the challenge, but i hate the death penalties. 

 


You do start at the beginning but you unlock short cuts along the way so don’t have to actually fight through each complete level. Also you get to a point where you can kinda sprint past 90% or the enemies on the way back to the boss. Since they won’t follow you through the bosses fog gate you just have to beat them there. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, atom631 said:

bummer. definitely not going to play this then if i have to go all the way back to very beginning of a level and clear it all just to try the boss again. 

 

You don't have to "clear" a level again. You can just run past any enemies you don't want to fight. You might have to run through the whole level again, but you don't have to fight. Also, these games have big time shortcuts that save a lot of time and often put you pretty close to the boss. It is actually pretty quick to get back to a boss, and the long run backs usually happen if you are dying to non-boss enemies. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, atom631 said:

 

bummer. definitely not going to play this then if i have to go all the way back to very beginning of a level and clear it all just to try the boss again. 

 

thats always been a turnoff for me with the souls games is the repetitiveness of having to redo levels over and over until its so routine, its just boring. its 2 step forward, 10 steps back - over and over and over again. its just exhausting and loses its fun for me rather quick. 

 

if they placed bonfires/lanterns right in front of a boss fight - i could enjoy them more. i do like the challenge, but i hate the death penalties. 

 

Demon's Souls definitely has the harshest death penalties despite probably being easier than the subsequent iterations of its formula. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mercury33 said:


You do start at the beginning but you unlock short cuts along the way so don’t have to actually fight through each complete level. Also you get to a point where you can kinda sprint past 90% or the enemies on the way back to the boss. Since they won’t follow you through the bosses fog gate you just have to beat them there. 

Also this. But you still have your HP halved and have to run back through the level so if the formula doesn't appeal to you, Demon's isn't any different and may actually have the longest backtracking to bosses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bloodporne said:

Demon's Souls definitely has the harshest death penalties despite probably being easier than the subsequent iterations of its formula. 

I'd love it if From made a game with the harshness of DeS but the difficulty of BB/DS3. They keep making the games harder IMO, but they make death mean less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Demon's Souls also had that World tendencies mechanic that I was never sure how it worked.

I think it boils down to...you die...shit gets harder...? But I never truly understood it and have no idea how people even figured out how it really worked. 

 

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'd love it if From made a game with the harshness of DeS but the difficulty of BB/DS3. They keep making the games harder IMO, but they make death mean less. 

I have to say Sekiro was my limit in terms of From's obsession with difficulty. I really liked their approach up until and including Bloodborne. Dark Souls III just felt bullshit-y one too many times and my first Sekiro playthrough was me seriously doubting why I was even doing this to myself. There's something about From's later approach that tipped the fine balance towards frustration and annoyance rather than the earlier 'awww fuck man, one more try one more' for me. I still haven't been able to beat the last boss in Sekiro just because I end up simply not giving a shit because it feels so silly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bloodporne said:

I think it boils down to...you die...shit gets harder...? But I never truly understood it and have no idea how people even figured out how it really worked. 

 

I have to say Sekiro was my limit in terms of From's obsession with difficulty. I really liked their approach up until and including Bloodborne. Dark Souls III just felt bullshit-y one too many times and my first Sekiro playthrough was me seriously doubting why I was even doing this to myself. There's something about From's later approach that tipped the fine balance towards frustration and annoyance rather than the earlier 'awww fuck man, one more try one more' for me. I still haven't been able to beat the last boss in Sekiro just because I end up simply not giving a shit because it feels so silly. 

The last boss in Sekiro is pretty easy once you get his patterns down. He's not even the toughest boss in the game. I think I had a video of me beating him posted somewhere. Beating Sekiro was one of my proudest gaming achievements because that game really IS about mastering the mechanics of the game and just "getting good". It's a throwback to the 16 bit era of gaming... so is Doom Eternal. These are not games for the faint of heart or for folks used to pressing a "win" button.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Demon's Souls also had that World tendencies mechanic that I was never sure how it worked.

Doing good things like killing bosses and black phantoms makes tendency more white. Dying in body form, and killing NPCs makes tendency more black. 

 

White World Tendency makes things easier, and Black makes things harder. Enemies are weaker in WWT, but stronger in BWT. You also have less HP in soul form in BWT. Black Phantoms are also stronger in BWT. Depending on the WT different NPCs, items, and Black Phantom NPC appear. In one level having pure white makes it so some rubble is removed so you can get and sword. In another level, having pure black makes it so a ring appears. 

 

white_character_world_tendency_demons-so
DEMONSSOULS.WIKI.FEXTRALIFE.COM

World Tendency is a mechanic of Demon's Souls. World Tendency guide, events and multiplayer features for Demon's Souls.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The last boss in Sekiro is pretty easy once you get his patterns down. He's not even the toughest boss in the game. I think I had a video of me beating him posted somewhere. Beating Sekiro was one of my proudest gaming achievements because that game really IS about mastering the mechanics of the game and just "getting good". It's a throwback to the 16 bit era of gaming... so is Doom Eternal. These are not games for the faint of heart or for folks used to pressing a "win" button.

I definitely get the idea but I'm just not that great at parrying mechanics in games in general despite kind of loving the feel of it. So an entire, what, FOUR-phase final boss that can annihilate you in one combo...that's where I gave up and I don't mind because I ended up playing up to him three times by now and thoroughly enjoying the game anyway.

 

Fuck you Isshin, you'll never get me :derp:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I think it boils down to...you die...shit gets harder...? But I never truly understood it and have no idea how people even figured out how it really worked. 

 

I have to say Sekiro was my limit in terms of From's obsession with difficulty. I really liked their approach up until and including Bloodborne. Dark Souls III just felt bullshit-y one too many times and my first Sekiro playthrough was me seriously doubting why I was even doing this to myself. There's something about From's later approach that tipped the fine balance towards frustration and annoyance rather than the earlier 'awww fuck man, one more try one more' for me. I still haven't been able to beat the last boss in Sekiro just because I end up simply not giving a shit because it feels so silly. 

I agree man!!

 

   I never beat Seiko and also never beat any of the Darksouls games. I hate saying that, but they just become unfun and I'm playing a game to be fun. Hell I like Bloodborne and didn't beat it either, sucks. As an older gamer I just don't enjoy getting my ass kicked ridiculously easy over and over again. I'm not an angry person, never throw shit break controllers and shit like that, but there not fun! That said, I did beat Demon souls, and that is why I keep trying to like all the games that came after it. I beat Ninja Gaiden Black too, so maybe I'm just to old...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Demon's Souls Remake OT - You Died, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...