Demon's Souls Remake OT - You Died, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

Funny enough, the last two stages gave me more trouble than both Penetrator and False King. 

I kicked both their asses first try surprisingly.

Just soent another hour in NG+, the game is just too fucking good and gorgeous to look at. One of the most near-perfect games I've played in a long time.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Hurricane Game said:

I want to play this game so bad! I still can't find a ps5 😒

I kinda do too. Mainly to witness amazing visuals but maybe enjoy the challenge it provides. I've played Dark Souls in the past and enjoyed them just never beat one. I did beat Bloodborne.

• 1 year later...

Ok I have a question. I know there isn't any save points in Demon Souls but then how do you progress further into the game?

I just started this again and once I enter the castle or whatever it is and I die, I start right back outside over and over again.  

So do you have to beat the game without dying once so that you don't spawn in the very beginning each time? 

Or are there different checkpoints you reach so when you die you spawn at a further checkpoint?

I hope I'm making sense. 

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok I have a question. I know there isn't any save points in Demon Souls but then how do you progress further into the game?

I just started this again and once I enter the castle or whatever it is and I die, I start right back outside over and over again.  

So do you have to beat the game without dying once so that you don't spawn in the very beginning each time? 

Or are there different checkpoints you reach so when you die you spawn at a further checkpoint?

I hope I'm making sense. 

It’s basically level based, so once you reach the end of an area and beat the boss, you start in another area. There aren’t any mid-area checkpoints that I remember, but you can find shortcuts to open, so once you reach a boss you should be able to pretty much sprint right to it without needed to do the whole level again. 

• True 1

17 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s basically level based, so once you reach the end of an area and beat the boss, you start in another area. There aren’t any mid-area checkpoints that I remember, but you can find shortcuts to open, so once you reach a boss you should be able to pretty much sprint right to it without needed to do the whole level again. 

Ok, that's good then. I wonder if there is a lot of people playing this these days. I'd like to summon people to help me with the bosses. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Ok, that's good then. I wonder if there is a lot of people playing this these days. I'd like to summon people to help me with the bosses. 

Don't know about this version but I played the PS3 version many years after release and there was still PvP and/or help to be had

• Halal 1

I beat the remake multiple times. What's funny to me is that most Souls fans find this to be one of the "easier" Souls games, but I was getting my ass handed to me at every turn when I began.

When I was told that each world you can visit gets harder after each boss, that made it easier. I thought the fourth world would be the hardest in total, but it's really the first part of each world that's the "easiest," then the next part is harder.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I beat the remake multiple times. What's funny to me is that most Souls fans find this to be one of the "easier" Souls games, but I was getting my ass handed to me at every turn when I began.

When I was told that each world you can visit gets harder after each boss, that made it easier. I thought the fourth world would be the hardest in total, but it's really the first part of each world that's the "easiest," then the next part is harder.

I know it's kinda difficult to compare this to Elden Ring, but is Demon's Soul more difficult? The reason I ask is because I actually was very successful in Elden Ring.

44 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I know it's kinda difficult to compare this to Elden Ring, but is Demon's Soul more difficult? The reason I ask is because I actually was very successful in Elden Ring.

I got sidetracked and never beat Elden Ring. I fully intend to return, but I just haven't yet and need to be fully committed.

think Elden Ring is generally considered more difficult. I think the difficult thing with Demon's Souls, besides the normal From difficulty you can expect from having to start at the last checkpoint, is figuring out the gimmick to the bosses. Unlike later games, most of the bosses in the game don't require in-depth strategy; their bark is worse than their bite. There are a few exceptions to this in the game, but most aren't actually very difficult and some of them beg you to cheese them once you figure them out. Whereas in something like Bloodborne, you still have to have good reflexes with the bosses and can't just cheese them by and large.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I got sidetracked and never beat Elden Ring. I fully intend to return, but I just haven't yet and need to be fully committed.

think Elden Ring is generally considered more difficult. I think the difficult thing with Demon's Souls, besides the normal From difficulty you can expect from having to start at the last checkpoint, is figuring out the gimmick to the bosses. Unlike later games, most of the bosses in the game don't require in-depth strategy; their bark is worse than their bite. There are a few exceptions to this in the game, but most aren't actually very difficult and some of them beg you to cheese them once you figure them out. Whereas in something like Bloodborne, you still have to have good reflexes with the bosses and can't just cheese them by and large.

Very good info. Thank you.