Taco Bell Fire Hot Sauce is good

Chris-

11 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

This is largely correct.

The perfectly carbonized palate of my beyond well-done meat shall not be compromised!

Do you at least season the meat with salt and pepper?

On 6/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, Jose said:

Since GI is hot garbage, I have decided to abduct this thread and post daily hot sauces reviews until I review every hot sauce my wife has in the spice cabinet. Tomorrow, we start with Valentina.

Edit: There used to be a different post here but I erased it bc I'm a dumbass. C'est la vie.

Where the fuck is this.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, Jose said:

Since GI is hot garbage, I have decided to abduct this thread and post daily hot sauces reviews until I review every hot sauce my wife has in the spice cabinet. Tomorrow, we start with Valentina.

Edit: There used to be a different post here but I erased it bc I'm a dumbass. C'est la vie.

Ummm. You owe us three now.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, Jose said:

We need the reviews!

Mine:

Valentina:

Valentina is a "Mexican-style" hot sauce that is fantastic for Tex-Mex foods.  It has a very neutral flavour for foods, and does not have a strong distinctive flavour that a Jalapeno or Habanero pepper sauce might have.  My typical usage for this sauce is on Tacos -- because it adds what I would consider a stereotypical "Mexican" flavour, without adding very much in the way of heat.

Flavour -- 8/10

Heat -  2/10

Overall -- 7/10

"It may not bring the heat, but for Tacos, it is probably just what you are looking for."

44 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

We need the reviews!

Mine:

Valentina:

Valentina is a "Mexican-style" hot sauce that is fantastic for Tex-Mex foods.  It has a very neutral flavour for foods, and does not have a strong distinctive flavour that a Jalapeno or Habanero pepper sauce might have.  My typical usage for this sauce is on Tacos -- because it adds what I would consider a stereotypical "Mexican" flavour, without adding very much in the way of heat.

Flavour -- 8/10

Heat -  2/10

Overall -- 7/10

"It may not bring the heat, but for Tacos, it is probably just what you are looking for."

Honestly my review won't be that different.

spacer.png

First off, we have Valentina. Easily one of my favorite hot sauces when I am trying to add some flavor to a dish without killing it with heat.

As far as heat, this sauce is not very spicy at all. The thing is the sauce is easily applied. Pour-ability is an important feature and this bad boy has it in spades. So, the heat may grow on you just a tad if you douse a particularly bland dish with it. 

Heat: 3/10

In terms of acid balance, this hot sauce is up there for me. It does have a vinegary taste, but not overly so like a Tabasco does. In other words, I find Valentina to be a very well-balanced hot sauce in terms of acidity. I want my hot sauce to have some tang, but I do not want to pucker up either.

Acid Balance: 9/10

Now we get to the flavor of this hot sauce. I would describe it as full-flavored. I absolutely love it as it is very spice forward. I would rate it a 10, but 
I actually think the flavor can almost be overpowering at times to the point where if I am eating something particularly tasty, it would be a disservice to the dish to add Valentina.

Flavor: 9/10

Overall, Valentine is one of my favorite hot sauces. I particularly appreciate the hot sauce's viscosity and pour-ability as most hot sauces tend to be thinner and applied in drops, even when they have no reason to be that way (boo Cholula boooo). This is one of my go-to hot sauces.

Valentina Final Score: 8.5/10

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

Solid review! I might see if safeway has it when I shop this week. Not too crazy on heat seems like it may work for me.

They also have a black label version, which I have never tried. Supposed to be much spicier.