Terminator 6: First images of Linda Hamilton

10 hours ago, Reputator said:

It....could be good?

@Greatoneshere

It . . . could be. Who is writing it hasn't quite been sorted out yet (too many have come through, need to wait until official credits come out for that) but it is being directed by Tim Miller, whose sole previous directorial credit is Deadpool 1. That's not a great metric for a completely different kind of movie like Terminator, but he did direct Deadpool 1 pretty well, so this could be good. Linda Hamilton looks good in those shots at least.

I'm always wary of films though that choose what counts as canon and not canon. It starts diluting the stories and confusing the mythology of that series and can ruin some of the things you liked about some of the movies since some stuff is never picked up on again (I for one enjoyed Terminator Salvation and like where Terminator 3 and Salvation took the Terminator story after Terminator 2). Predators ignored Predator 2, the AvP movies wrecked the Alien (and Predator) mythos (and we have no idea what Prometheus and Alien: Covenant consider canon or not canon). The new Halloween movie counts Halloween 1 and maybe 2? But not the others, which also starred Jamie Lee Curtis, which this new one also has. It's like . . . she was in ones that don't count for this one? It's just annoying. I get why it's done, but it can be annoying and hurt the story being told. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, legend said:

Yeah probably not, but Villeneueve was a bit unknown to me at the time, so I'm just expressing that I can be surprised by these things :p 

Usually when one isn't informed, they are surprised! :p Denis is great, as it sounds like you now know. Check out his other movies if you haven't yet, they are all universally great. 

I do grant knowing too much about a movie hurts my ability to be pleasantly surprised which is why these days I rarely even watch trailers. I just look at the behind the scenes talent and word of mouth and personal interest and go from there hah. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Usually when one isn't informed, they are surprised! :p Denis is great, as it sounds like you now know. Check out his other movies if you haven't yet, they are all universally great. 

I do grant knowing too much about a movie hurts my ability to be pleasantly surprised which is why these days I rarely even watch trailers. I just look at the behind the scenes talent and word of mouth and personal interest and go from there hah. 

Haha for sure. Although other factors you can examine about the movie are often a reasonable predictor of how much one will like a movie. Just not with certainty as was the case there :p 

Naturally, more informed individuals like yourself should be able to make even better predictions about whether you'll like a movie!

1 minute ago, legend said:

Haha for sure. Although other factors you can examine about the movie are often a reasonable predictor of how much one will like a movie. Just not with certainty as was the case there :p 

Naturally, more informed individuals like yourself should be able to make even better predictions about whether you'll like a movie!

You speak truth!

This one is a tough call. Tim Miller is theoretically great but a lot is going to depend on the writing, I think, as it did with Deadpool. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

When I had first seen the images a few days ago, I was blown away by how great Linda looks. That alone gives me a small modicum of hope towards this flick!

I agree.  She looks fucking amazing and like you, I'm thinking just maybe .......just maybe this could work.  Much better impression then the first time I saw Emilia Clarke in Terminator Genysis.

Yo! I had no idea this was at the level of development it was? I knew we were getting a new Terminator movie but I chalked it up that we were not going to see this anytime soon or at all. While I'm a tad worried about what it could be, I'm a little excited due to this unexpected image.

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I've got lots of family older than her that look younger. I never would have guessed she was only 61. 

To me she looks natural.  She is in very good physical shape.  Yes her face and neck are showing signs that she is 61, but for me I prefer that to many in Hollywood that look fake from too many face jobs.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 9:07 AM, number305 said:

Dude she 61.  I think she looks great.

I'm more excited for her to be in this than Arnold.

You are not lying about that. I think that was my initial thought when this was announced that I cannot wait to see her as Sarah Connor again even more so that Arnold as the Terminator.