Covid Era Pay Rate

Covid Era Pay Rate  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What did you receive over the last 2 months for pay?

• Unemployment (additional $600/week)
    • Hazard pay up to $2/hour extra
    • Essential Worker - No pay increase
    • Unemployed Beforehand/Student
  2. 2. Did You Receive at least the $1200 if qualified?

• Yes
    • No (still awaiting payment)
    • No (did not qualify)
  3. 3. Do you believe those who were deemed essential who did not receive any extra monetary compensation be given such a benefit?

Essential worker, we split up our section into two groups and the other 2 come in at 7:00AM to 12:00PM  and we come in at 12:15PM to 5:15PM.  We get 3 hours "work" from home (but really how much work can I do at home when I'm using BSC's, pipettes, and thermocyclers)  We have limited contact with the people in our building between the 2 shifts.  I think this is going to end on June 1st.  Also my family got the full stimulus.

I do in person service support but for govvies who have been WFH so I've been rotating in every few weeks to do the on-site support and doing remote support otherwise. Full paycheck, got the stimulus, grandma gave me some of hers too. I try to be thankful every day for how fortunate my work situation has been.

• Like 1

WFH, same pay, got the children stimulus (surprised since no SS#), do not qualify for other.

I know it’s been tough for a lot of people, but this has been fantastic; I’m in better shape, get to watch the kids hit all types of milestones, marriage is better than it’s been in a while, people at work are more productive, it’s been a blessing. 

Going to be tough to go back to anything that looks similar to before the Stay Home order. 

6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I noticed that @TwinIonvoted yet didn't express themselves nor position. Would love to have your $.02

I'd like to think that this response was worth $0.02

21 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I've been working from home as normal, my wife had a lot of extra work, and already worked from home. Still not sure if she'll end up getting anything extra for it.

I voted no in the third question, but I suppose it really depends on the situation. First of all, "essential" covers a lot of ground. My company is in new home construction and were deemed essential, but I don't think I deserve any additional money from the company or the government because of that designation. My increased workload might justify additional money, but thats a different discussion.

Then you have the actually essential people, and for them it's still a difficult call. I'd be happy to see everyone working in waste management get a raise, but the city is going to have a massive deficit, and I'd rather see them employ more people at current rates than cut jobs and raise anyone's wages. Now, a lot of companies present that choice, but aren't really honest about it. They want additional money, but when they get a PPP loan they cry that they can't use it because they cut payroll to the bone, so even when given money specifically to keep people employed, they can't or won't use it that way.

So overall my default position is not to raise wages or give bonuses, but to keep as many people employed as possible.

Of course, when you have companies like Amazon, that have a lot of "essential" workers, and have been increasingly profitable through this pandemic, Yeah, they should 100% make more money.

Weirdly my job is both “essential” and able to be done from home. Luckily, I guess, our department was set up so that working Tom home was as easy as IT setting up a VPN we all could log into. 

I’ve worked in similar jobs where that would not have been easy if possible for the company due to differences in being setup with a VOIP bs landline in coming call setup. I’ve talked to people who still work at my former employer and they did. It get to work from home. 

my pay didn’t change, and I doubt it would have had we been unable to move everyone home. My pay is changing next week, but that’s because I got a promotion to a new department that starts Monday. 

I got the $1200 and put it in savings. I don’t know if it will show up in my taxes next year that I’ll need to pay it back. I got my tax return and put that into savings. I’ve been able to put quite a bit into savings as not going out to eat for lunch has been saving me a ton of money. 

I think people that had to work around the general public, or in close proximity to customers/clients (like repair people) should get hazard pay. They have no choice but to be around people that could be sick. Even though some essential workers don’t have the same risk of exposure, as some essential workers can still observe social distancing. 

Real talk: I’ll probably make more money this year than any other in my life. We are getting so much publicity and our first time customer numbers for the drive in are through the roof. And we haven’t started our alternative content like concerts yet. Also will probably pick up a few new locations on the cheap as older operators use this time to exit.

This is truly the stupidest timeline.

I'm very fortunate in that my job is both considered essential and can largely be done remotely.  Nothing much has changed for me other than I'm doing the majority of my work from home, with the occasional trip to a physical location for certain things.  The biggest hit to me is that since my son's college campus closed down, he's been home eating all of our goddamn food. :P

• Haha 2

Essential worker (management, not direct patient care), did not receive the $1200, and believe hourly workers and/or employees working directly with patients definitely should receive some sort of additional compensation with mental health support.

Wishful thinking: the flyovers, car parades, food donations, etc are all nice gestures (and they are greatly appreciated), but it would be more invaluable to have a guaranteed supply chain for ppe and other previous single-use items. Also, PPE guarantees for non-medical workers.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, sblfilms said:

Real talk: I’ll probably make more money this year than any other in my life. We are getting so much publicity and our first time customer numbers for the drive in are through the roof. And we haven’t started our alternative content like concerts yet. Also will probably pick up a few new locations on the cheap as older operators use this time to exit.

This is truly the stupidest timeline.

are you coming to nova to scout locations yet

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

are you coming to nova to scout locations yet

Maybe in June. May been waaaay busy. Capping it off with a Rave right now. Neighbors are not pleased :lol: