Bogus! Looks like Bill and Ted 3 most likely going straight-to-streaming

I have a hard time thinking this is going to be good. Keanu suddenly aged when the beard got shaved off. I think it will be hard for two old guys to play the silly teen rocker vibe, and I don't think the story will have Bill and Ted acting any different from when they were kids. 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Fixed

No, I just don't expect it to be very good, which could be somewhat covered up by seeing it with an audience that's in a good mood. Being stoned by myself wouldn't have the same effect.

The reason I have hope for the film is because the same two original writers of the first two movies, Chris Matheson & Ed Solomon, are back writing the script for this one, and the director is Dean Parisot, who gave us Galaxy Quest. With Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter also back, this is all reason to be optimistic, at least.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 7:48 AM, Greatoneshere said:

The reason I have hope for the film is because the same two original writers of the first two movies, Chris Matheson & Ed Solomon, are back writing the script for this one, and the director is Dean Parisot, who gave us Galaxy Quest. With Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter also back, this is all reason to be optimistic, at least.

37 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Aren't they handing off the franchise to the daughter characters? I assume they're the ones who are the real Bill and Ted that's gonna unite the universe, right?

Is the franchise actually continuing after this? My standing assumption remains that Alex Winter needed a paycheck and Keanu did him a solid. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Between the Matrixes and the John Wicks, I cannot remember the last time I've seen Keanu in anything other than dark suiting. The weirdest thing about this whole scene is seeing him in jeans and pink. :p

He’s worn white recently

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Jason said:

So apparently it doesn't suck. And apparently they got the Galaxy Quest director. How the fuck did they not play that up? Having the Galaxy Quest director is literally the single best thing I've heard about this movie.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You should have listened to @Greatoneshere

I know, no one reads my posts. It's like, I tried to say, it's the Galaxy Quest guy! :p  Which doesn't mean a home run since his other directorial work doesn't reach Quest's level, which is why I also posted about the writers, actors, etc. You got to have all the pieces in place when no one piece is crazy talented (like having a Tarantino directing or a Charlie Kaufman writing the movie).

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Friends who don't want to watch Bill & Ted aren't really friends.

No, they want to watch with us, we just haven’t figured out if it will be inside or outside on the garage, which we’ll plan tonight, which makes me think we’ll watch tomorrow night. 

I saw it, and it about the same level as the other films. There was really only one thing I didn't like. Minor spoilers.

Spoiler

Nothing against Kid Cudi, but I didn't like his inclusion, or rather his role in the movie.  I also wished the girls used their own slang but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, there one part I wish something was added to mimic the first movie but it wouldn't have went over well. 

I’m watching the first two movies in anticipation of the new one. The first I haven’t seen in years and it still holds up as a fun time. It felt like pandemic comfort food. I’m watching Bogus Journey for the first time, and how come nobody told me just how utterly strange of a sequel this is? It’s not as charming as the first, but I really have to admire it for gong all out and not simply rehashing the plot of the first.

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I’m watching the first two movies in anticipation of the new one. The first I haven’t seen in years and it still holds up as a fun time. It felt like pandemic comfort food. I’m watching Bogus Journey for the first time, and how come nobody told me just how utterly strange of a sequel this is? It’s not as charming as the first, but I really have to admire it for gong all out and not simply rehashing the plot of the first..

I’m not sure how alone i am in this opinion but I always liked Bogus Journey WAY more than Excellent Adventure.