Indie Games Discussion and Recommendations

@stepee convinced me to buy Pumpkin Jack

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Yes, what's your specs? My PC is rather outdated GPU wise I will see how it runs for me this weekend.

I looked it up because I got a pretty good idea of what my laptop can do at this point, and sadly it's not even close :lol:

I am still rockin a laptop from 2014, so my i3 is not only below the i5 minimum, it's  also probably a bunch of gens out of date. 4600HD integrated graphics, and not even enough for the minimum on RAM.

I am pretty sure they're going to kick me off the gaming board now that they know my shame.....

tenor.gif

25 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I looked it up because I got a pretty good idea of what my laptop can do at this point, and sadly it's not even close :lol:

I am still rockin a laptop from 2014, so my i3 is not only below the i5 minimum, it's  also probably a bunch of gens out of date. 4600HD integrated graphics, and not even enough for the minimum on RAM.

I am pretty sure they're going to kick me off the gaming board now that they know my shame.....

tenor.gif

Well at least someone else on the board will be happy your laptop sucks because that means I have a key to give out to someone else here now :p You should really upgrade with all the free games Epic gives out it's totally worth having something decent.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

tenor.gif

We will pool all of our scraps together to build you an incredible rig.

Let's get on it @Mr.Vic20!

59 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@Chairslinger, I have a spare NZXT H1 case that has a liquid cool loop and a PSU already integrated into the chassis. See below for pic. IF you'd like I can get that shipped out to you to start a build?

NZXT H1 PC case review | PC Gamer

39 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I have 16 Gigs of DDR3 ram!

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

You can have my internals since I am done with PC gaming. (970, i5, etc) I will have to look at the exact specs since I have not used that PC in a long time

@Chairslinger well I guess I have a Due Process key for you :dancing:

53 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

0_0

I appreciate it guys, heck of a thing to wake up to. 

I would need some help with putting it together as my skills in that area are pretty weak. Especially getting the OS up and running.

Not a problem brother! Once you receive all these items we'll help you build it! Shoot me your address in PM and I'll get the case over to you this coming week.

44 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

0_0

I appreciate it guys, heck of a thing to wake up to. 

I would need some help with putting it together as my skills in that area are pretty weak. Especially getting the OS up and running.

While you wait if you haven't yet create an Epic Games Store account and start claiming your free games every week, if you have Amazon Prime claim your free games on Twitch and I have some other keys lying around from Humble Bundle's I'm not using.

• 4 weeks later...
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1607997687
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Unsung Story is a tactical RPG from the mind of Yasumi Matsuno (FFT, Vagrant Story) that takes place in a world where spells are cast as songs and a 77-year war has damaged the foundations of magic. Build a team to work backwards in time from the final battle to find a way to save Lasfaria.

It lives?

Snap impressions of a few games I've played here and there this week between Hades runs.

Night in the Woods

ss_b76969ea2ad31d4e4271232be5276672cd229

Bounced off it after realizing I wasn't in the mood to re-explore the town each in-game day.  I've had the most fun with the mini-games so far.  The writing feels like it should carry the game, but it is strange how it hardly acknowledges the animal theme at all.  I'll return to it next year.

Kunai

ss_1b737166b94060e71556f25123601a12a1179

Got this one in the Amazon Prime free library.  It feels like a slightly floatier Hollow Knight with dual grappling hooks ... which is kind of awesome, truth be told.  It's perfect comfort food Metroidvania that doesn't demand much from you.  The visual style also works out much better for it than you'd think.

Underhero

ss_d752abf21daffa645a7c9bfcd5ddc07a5cee5

It's both better and worse than I thought it would be.  On one hand the combat system is very unique, kind of a real time Paper Mario.  The writing is surprisingly on point for having to live under Undertale's shadow.  Platforming is straight-up boring though, and production values are a little off at times, kind of like a 90's computer game that can't decide whether its pixel art or not.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:49 AM, crispy4000 said:
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1607997687
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Unsung Story is a tactical RPG from the mind of Yasumi Matsuno (FFT, Vagrant Story) that takes place in a world where spells are cast as songs and a 77-year war has damaged the foundations of magic. Build a team to work backwards in time from the final battle to find a way to...

It lives?

Yes different development team picked it up for some reason...

I will go through the thread properly after dinner, but I would like some recommendations. Playing Dark Souls Remastered and I would love an indie counter-balance game - something I can play that isn’t intense in the slightest. We have Stardew Valley on the PS4 so I don’t fancy paying twice. I’m thinking Spiritfarer would be a good shout, but a few others would be amazing.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I will go through the thread properly after dinner, but I would like some recommendations. Playing Dark Souls Remastered and I would love an indie counter-balance game - something I can play that isn’t intense in the slightest. We have Stardew Valley on the PS4 so I don’t fancy paying twice. I’m thinking Spiritfarer would be a good shout, but a few others would be amazing.

Moose Life in an unusual turn from Llamasoft has a chill no death mode. I'm currently digging for some indies I will get back to you on this!

• 3 weeks later...