Indie Games Discussion and Recommendations

Played some OliOliWorld last night after it unlocked and I’ve been doing all challenges so far. I feel like at some point they will get too hard and I’ll start progressing through the story more and then go back to challenges but so far it’s been pretty reasonable thanks to instant restarts. Game is super addictive and has so much styllllle. The story itself is probably not needed tho lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I bought it to play on my deck. I installed it but haven't played it. It sure gets updated a lot though!

I was going to buy it on day one, but with already having so many other games to play I decided to wait and get it when it goes on sale like I do with most games.

Do you plan on playing it soon? I would like to hear your impressions of it.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Indie Games Discussion and Recommendations
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Attn @stepee

This has been out for a while, first I've heard of it.

I got this when it came out on switch and I love how it looks and had some good fun for a bit but it challenge curved me out about half way though. Once it starts making you do a lot of air tongue grapples in a row, the control/camera just doesn’t feel great for that and requires you to be too precise imo.

• Halal 1

So apparently Freedom Planet 2 came out last month which is wild to me how little attention was paid to it. I know it’s not huge but I thought it was kind of indie popular and anticipated? Seems at least as good as the first one so far and my damn is it beautiful.

One of the best looking sprite based games honestly. Wish more games would go for this sorta high res 32bit look, it’s my favorite, I’d love to see that become more common, even if it’s faked as long as it looks like regular 32 bit sprites.

I always felt like we could have used just a few years of 32 bit sprite based games before everything went 3D, would have been nice in a way. So I always like it when games have that quality. The new TMNT is kinda like that for me too.

• Halal 1

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

So apparently Freedom Planet 2 came out last month which is wild to me how little attention was paid to it. I know it’s not huge but I thought it was kind of indie popular and anticipated?

I have the first one, but I haven’t played it yet. I’ll get this one too when it’s on sale, it looks really good.

Just now, Phaseknox said:

I have the first one, but I haven’t played it yet. I’ll get this one too when it’s on sale, it looks really good.

I really liked the first one, this seems like it might be even better but the first is definitely worth playing. It’s a good mix of Sonic and character combat and manages to have its own identity despite how much of a Sonic clone it looks like.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Terror of Hemasaurus is glorious. It's a better rampage. You have up to 4 player coop. The destruction is physics based. I do kinda wish the graphics were better. It's 2d still but I think it's going for a 16bit look (maybe) but it runs at 60 FPS even at 11 watts on my Neo. There is a story mode (pretty left leaning story) and an endless destruction mode.