Jump to content

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Was the first season good?

 

the first season was the most disappointing I've seen a long time, incredibly heavy handed in its messages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Was the first season good?

It was hit and miss... the episodes got progressively better as the season went on. The first episode is the weakest one in my opinion. 

 

3 hours ago, elbobo said:

 

the first season was the most disappointing I've seen a long time, incredibly heavy handed in its messages. 

Um... have you watched The Twilight Zone before? It wasn't exactly subtle its messaging. Not in the LEAST bit. Rod Serling was not shy about his opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It was hit and miss... the episodes got progressively better as the season went on. The first episode is the weakest one in my opinion. 

 

Um... have you watched The Twilight Zone before? It wasn't exactly subtle its messaging. Not in the LEAST bit. Rod Serling was not shy about his opinions.

 

I've seen a ton of original series and yes it is heavy handed but it is also a 60 year old show, the medium has evolved since then

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, elbobo said:

 

I've seen a ton of original series and yes it is heavy handed but it is also a 60 year old show, the medium has evolved since then

Sure the medium has evolved, but the show IS the show. One of the things that attracted Jordan Peele to doing the show was its willingness to not be shy about its politics in the least. You take away the moralizing of the show and you don't have the Twilight Zone.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sure the medium has evolved, but the show IS the show. One of the things that attracted Jordan Peele to doing the show was its willingness to not be shy about its politics in the least. You take away the moralizing of the show and you don't have the Twilight Zone.


Exactly! The Twilight Zone has a definite vibe to it. The whole point were the “ohhh I get it” moments at the end. Followed by Sterling literally summarizing the moral for you haha.  You can evolve the show a little b it to depart from the heavy handedness of it wouldn’t be progression in the right direction. If you remake such a unique and iconic show then you add your spin to it but you stay true to the form. 
 

If people want to watch an evolved version of the Twilight show was then watch Black Mirror. Although that show is pretty heavy handed as well. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:


Exactly! The Twilight Zone has a definite vibe to it. The whole point were the “ohhh I get it” moments at the end. Followed by Sterling literally summarizing the moral for you haha.  You can evolve the show a little b it to depart from the heavy handedness of it wouldn’t be progression in the right direction. If you remake such a unique and iconic show then you add your spin to it but you stay true to the form. 
 

If people want to watch an evolved version of the Twilight show was then watch Black Mirror. Although that show is pretty heavy handed as well. 

 

with the new twilight zone though it isn't "oh I get it" at the end, you get it 15 minutes into the episode and then they hammer you over the head with it for another 30-45 minutes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The hour long format of The New series may not be best admittedly. The original series’ episodes were a half hour except for season four when they went to an hour long format. While there were a couple of stand out episodes from that season, “He’s Alive”, “The New Exhibit”, “Death Ship” and my personal favorite “On Thursday We Leave for Home”; the season as a whole is not the strongest and it was followed by the fifth and final season which was definitely the weakest. I do think the show works best in the shorter format for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...