Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 OT (Update: Steam release announced for 03 October 2023)

Pikachu

Interesting decisions they made for this game. They included a tutorial that seems rather insulting. It's like made for someone who's never played a video game in their life. Personally I feel like THPS is one of the most intuitive games you can pick up and know what to do right away but I guess some people need help skating in a straight line! :p

Also strange they have the old (current age) character models instead of their young selves.

And seems like they combined both of the schools.

Just found that the a nationwide, second hand store (CEX) had this in for £5 less than RRP. After trading in Eternal Darkness and Killer 7 I also happened to have a £33 voucher, so just bought this for a massive £3.95. Hopefully it'll be here soon and can be the perfect way of spending 20-30 minutes after a busy day, in-between baby sleeps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

Just found that the a nationwide, second hand store (CEX) had this in for £5 less than RRP. After trading in Eternal Darkness and Killer 7 I also happened to have a £33 voucher, so just bought this for a massive £3.95. Hopefully it'll be here soon and can be the perfect way of spending 20-30 minutes after a busy day, in-between baby sleeps. 

so naive. 

Tired Episode 2 GIF by Friends

My copy arrived, played for about 10 minutes and I am not as good at THPS as I was in about...2005 (when I was a God at 3 and could clear the main story in about 25 minutes). It looks and plays really well however and I'll definitely be putting some time into it...when I can. Although my wife is currently in hospital and my employer has arranged for me to not be in today and tomorrow...so if I get all my work done and I have time to kill.

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

My copy arrived, played for about 10 minutes and I am not as good at THPS as I was in about...2005 (when I was a God at 3 and could clear the main story in about 25 minutes). It looks and plays really well however and I'll definitely be putting some time into it...when I can. Although my wife is currently in hospital and my employer has arranged for me to not be in today and tomorrow...so if I get all my work done and I have time to kill.

Hope your wife is doing OK. 

With just Red Dead Redemption 2 in my current log, I figured I could play a second game while I wait on Halo 3: ODST and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and so I broke down and bought this game due to the music and nostalgia. It's . . . a great game. I love it. I truly suck at it worse than I remember, but I stopped playing at THPS3 so with the added THPS 3+4 controls with manuals and reverts have really changed the game. I know they can be turned off but I may as well learn. Man, takes me back, the music, the levels, the objectives. But it's all really well done and updated. Bravo dev team. Such an easy, not stressful, pick up and play game. I have no compulsion to 100% it like most games, I'm treating it like an arcade game I hop into when I have a minute or two here or there to spare and play and it seems it's a great way to feast on THPS.

I got stuck on a couple of the challenges in Downtown. No matter what I did, I couldn't get make the rooftop jumps. Then I remembered that stat points exist. :lol:

And this is definitely a game where I plan to just play a few rounds before moving onto something else, then suddenly it's been 2 hours. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I got stuck on a couple of the challenges in Downtown. No matter what I did, I couldn't get make the rooftop jumps. Then I remembered that stat points exist. :lol:

And this is definitely a game where I plan to just play a few rounds before moving onto something else, then suddenly it's been 2 hours. 

I was stuck as well as I didn't want to continue with out completing all the goals in each level but realized I will have to come back to them to get some of the hidden tapes as I don't have enough speed and air stats on my create a skater.

• 5 months later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 (04 September 2020) OT (Update: New platforms announced PS5/XSX/Switch)
  • 1 month later...

So this is out now. Sony really needs to straighten out the ps4/ps5 thing. I saw it at the front page for $40 and didn’t see any other option and didn’t think much of it and bought the ps4 version and downloaded that to see the options for video were missing. Then I had to look up what to do, found out that there is a $10 upgrade, but couldn’t find it on the store, finally found an option for a ps4/ps5 combo version upgrade that was $10 and got the ps5 version.

Kind of a pain and its $10 more than I thought, I was kind of debating pc vs ps5 and the $10 might have changed the result but whatever the dual sense does feel great with this.

Yeah the game is pretty rad. I kinda forgot I guess how much I used to fucking love tony hawk. I didn’t do the training and still instantly knew basically how to do everything and get good scores, it’s such timeless design it really sticks with you.

120fps mode is ok. It doesn’t seem to be locked so it’s not worth the motion clarity and huge resolution drop. Though, I believe it’s using temporal upscaling or smtn as the 1080p has surprisingly decent IQ. But anyway, I probably wouldn’t use that mode much even if was locked. On Xbox Series X since it has vrr and runs the 120 mode at 1440p, it’s probably the way to go there, but I wanted that dualsense or I would have gone pc and I’m more than fine with 4k/60. 

The dualsense is pretty good, and Im pretty happy with choosing this version. I feel like rather than trying to imitate the feel riding a skateboard or whatever they tried to mimick the feel of like using a fingerboard. It kinda has that pop to it. It’s not like Astro Bots implementation but it’s a nice subtle feel that does feel great.

• 1 month later...