Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 OT (Update: Steam release announced for 03 October 2023)

Pikachu

#THPS is back! Break skateboarding boundaries with the fully-remastered Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 collection. Available September 4, 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Pre-Order Now.

MORE INFORMATION HERE: http://www.tonyhawkthegame.com/

Drop back in with the most iconic skateboarding games ever made. Play Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater & Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 in one epic collection, rebuilt from the ground up in incredible HD. All the pro skaters, levels, and tricks are back and fully-remastered, plus more.

-Skate as the legendary Tony Hawk and the full pro roster 
-Skate to songs from the era-defining soundtrack
-Hit insane trick combos with the iconic handling of the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater series
-Play all the original game modes and go head-to-head with local 2-Player modes
-Show off your style and creativity with upgraded Create-A-Park and Create-A-Skater features
-Take your sessions online and compete against players from around the world in multiplayer modes and leaderboards

Break skateboarding boundaries, show off your own style, and be part of the next generation of skaters and creators with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2.

7 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Fuck off, 3 is what we need. 

Edit: I’m embarrassed to say I jumped the gun the feature that took this series from good to great - the revert - is in this. 

Officially hyped. 

2 was the best because school was based off my school

13 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

3 honestly plays better, but 1 and 2 had more memorable level layouts.

The thps games are some of the best examples of early 3D console games that aged well.

The level layout in 1 & 2 stood out partially because there was no revert to chain everything.

21 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Fuck off, 3 is what we need. 

Edit: I’m embarrassed to say I jumped the gun the feature that took this series from good to great - the revert - is in this. 

Officially hyped. 

I can't even imagine what it would be like to go through 1-2 levels with the revert is in there but I'm pumped.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I can't even imagine what it would be like to go through 1-2 levels with the revert is in there but I'm pumped.

I think it’ll work pretty well. Those levels weren’t designed with it in mind so it would be a tight as 3, but the revert into manual will still let you get to a grind bar or something to keep it going. 

My hope is that they’ll release 3 DLC too. 

I am surprised no one has mentioned how similar this is to Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. I guess where that was kind of a greatest hits mashup of some of the levels from the first two, this is a collection of both full games.

As long as they were going to treat it like Spyro and Crash I wish they would have included THPS3, as well. Since most fans would agree the series peaked with 2 or 3, I think it's a mistake to hold back hoping to pair THPS3 with one of the other subsequent games. Just give us the three best ones if you're going to charge $40 for it.

That said, I'll probably still buy it when it goes down a bit in price. It's good that they are including the manual and revert for combos in 1+2. If they sell THPS3 levels as DLC like they did with THPSHD I would happily buy them.

3 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

What's the best Tony Hawk level?  I'm partial to the School in THPS2.

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

The school is great. The Warehouse is the most iconic. Not sure what the best is?

I may have had a somewhat unique experience with THPS. I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong, but yes indeed my first experience of Tony Hawk was a demo disc included with Pizza Hut pizzas :lol:

I played the hell out of Warehouse on that demo and listened to Superman countless times. But, this was also at a time shortly before I was old enough to use my own money to buy whichever game I was interested in, so if I remember right, the first Tony Hawk game I played in full was Tony Hawk 3. I never bought THPS1 or 2 on PSone, and I played THPS3 obsessively on my buddy's PS2. Then bought THPS3 on PSone in the year or so period after the PS2 came out but before I bought one(terrible draw distance, but still tons of fun). So unlike a lot of people, other than Warehouse, ,my most nostalgic memories of TH levels are things like Canada, Airport, and Suburbia.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

I am surprised no one has mentioned how similar this is to Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. I guess where that was kind of a greatest hits mashup of some of the levels from the first two, this is a collection of both full games.

HD sucked. It was probably fine, but it didn’t feel like Tony Hawk, it felt like a knockoff. They haven’t taken the series seriously since the last THUG game. 

This feels like they realized with Spyro and Crash that if you actually make a quality product, the fans will actually buy your remakes. The team they are putting on it is talented and it at least appears like they’re gonna preserve the feel of the games with modern trappings. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...