Bright Memory Infinite (11 November 2021) - Information Thread , update: 14 minutes of PC gameplay (IGN)

Keyser_Soze

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I purchased this a while ago, and I see I received an update, but the name hasn't changed to Bright Memory Infinite or made another entry in my game library. Does this mean that the "Infinite" version will drop later? 

It has a separate steam page and it says TBD on the release date (it's not out yet) however the one you received in early access is out of early access. Sorry for the confusion sir!

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It has a separate steam page and it says TBD on the release date (it's not out yet) however the one you revived in early access is out of early access. Sorry for the confusion sir!

Ah, gotcha! This makes sense now! :sun:

• 1 month later...

Bright Memory: Infinite is an all-new lightning-fast fusion of the FPS and action genres, created by FYQD-Studio. Combine a wide variety of skills and abilities to unleash dazzling combo attacks. Bright Memory: Infinite is set in a sprawling, futuristic metropolis in the year 2036. A strange phenomenon for which scientists can find no explanation has occurred in the skies around the world. The Supernatural Science Research Organization (SRO) has sent agents out to various regions to investigate this phenomenon. It is soon discovered that these strange occurrences are connected to an archaic mystery – an as-of-yet unknown history of two worlds, about to come to light...

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I've played the "beta" on PC (really its a stand alone tech demo) and its pretty fun! Very impressive for such a tiny team. 

Everyone who owns that Beta on PC gets the new game for free.

I paid $3.49 in a Steam sale, lol.

I mean, I love everything about what I'm seeing, except for the fact that it's made by one guy. I know that's like super rad and all in terms of being really impressive considering the production values, but big budget looking projects made by a single dude generally means super short and super repetitive. I'll be getting it for free since I owned the beta, which I also got for a couple bucks, but still. I'd like to see this with a full Titanfall-style campaign.

3 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I read that the guy who developed this  admitted to "borrowing" assets and putting his own spin on the, so I guess that's why it looked familiar; admittedly, I knew nothing about this one until now.

Game developer behind Bright Memory Ep1 admits he used stolen assets

Developer Zeng “FYQD” Xiancheng admitted in a Weibo post that he used unlicensed art assets in the game. He said the 3D models of enemies were taken and slightly tweaked to fit his game, but didn’t specify which -- or which games they came from.

• 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Bright Memory Infinite - Information Thread , update: 11 November 2021 release announced
On 10/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

As a free upgrade, I'm sure they'll get some attention.

I didn't even know I had this game, it's only $9.99

Yup, I bought the original in Early Access for $5 steambucks two years ago, before it was on most people's radar.  Thought it looked cool, and heard about the full release coming free, so I bought in.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Bright Memory Infinite (11 November 2021) - Information Thread , update: 14 minutes of PC gameplay (IGN)

Well I gave this a go since I have it and it is only 12 gigs. So far pretty interesting. It's a total @Xbob42 game. As shown in the trailers it's not a straight up shooter but there is a melee emphasis too. You block and parry attacks, you have an attack that is a launcher and you can slice them up in the air. Likewise you have just some tech power to suspend enemies in the air and sometimes you can even blow them to pieces. There's also a grapple hook and you can hook the enemies to you and make them explode and there's wall running and stuff. I got past the first boss battle then stopped playing but I'll probably play more.

Game looks and runs well too, even with Raytracing on. Graphic WHORES like @best3444 will be jizzing their pants over this game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

They added a 3rd person mode to this. Looks like @Phaseknox is going to have to scrap his plans to get a PS5 when GTA comes out :]

bc6560178f5ce236cdf4eae122cc807bba657d81
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Hello everyone, we've released a special update to celebrate Chinese New Year that we hope you'll enjoy! We're introducing an all-new Perspective-assist mode. When you turn it on in settings, Shelia's model will be displayed on-screen. Shelia's model will only be displayed while moving and firing a weapon without aiming. The camera will revert to first-person when aiming, using skills, using the Light Blade, defending, and...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png