PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

Hot damn that is a fucking good month right there. Already have Control UE on pc but I’ll try out the ps5 patch just for fun comparisons, but ps5 owners who haven’t played it got hooked UP.

I’ve actually been interested in all stars before I knew it was free so I’m pumped to check that out. And I have also been interested in Concrete Genie!

Probably the best month of these I’ve seen taking into account this gets you the new ps5 version of Control.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Hot damn that is a fucking good month right there. Already have Control UE on pc but I’ll try out the ps5 patch just for fun comparisons, but ps5 owners who haven’t played it got hooked UP.

I’ve actually been interested in all stars before I knew it was free so I’m pumped to check that out. And I have also been interested in Concrete Genie!

Probably the best month of these I’ve seen taking into account this gets you the new ps5 version of Control.

MS is being pretty awesome this month too, good month all around!

gwg2021feb.jpg

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

But I've had people yelling at me that these services have no value..

The multiplayer paywall adds nothing and shouldn’t exist as a play on console tax.  That’s where the value prospect is truly abysmal, and hypocritical, even more today with so many games going cross-play.

PS+/GWG monthlies meanwhile were both fairly lackluster most of the last gen.  Likely from complacency brought on by Sony adopting the paywall, as opposed to needing to justify their service on accord of the games (like on PS3).  Also a desire to upsell their base on other subscriptions.

The PS Plus Collection seems to be intended as a small scale reaction to Games Pass.  That’s a positive development.  Though it sucks to see it locked to PS5.

As for the recent PS+/GWG monthlies improving, it could be a trend or fluke.  Or maybe indicative of a looming price hike... or was an attempt to pad one especially egregious one over...

8 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

The multiplayer paywall adds nothing and shouldn’t exist as a play on console tax.  That’s where the value prospect is truly abysmal, and hypocritical, even more today with so many games going cross-play.

PS+/GWG monthlies meanwhile were both fairly lackluster most of the last gen.  Likely from complacency brought on by Sony adopting the paywall, as opposed to needing to justify their service on accord of the games (like on PS3).  Also a desire to upsell their base on other subscriptions.

The PS Plus Collection seems to be intended as a small scale reaction to Games Pass.  That’s a positive development.  Though it sucks to see it locked to PS5.

As for the recent PS+/GWG monthlies improving, it could be a trend or fluke.  Or maybe indicative of a looming price hike... or was an attempt to pad one especially egregious one over...

The ps+ monthly games haven't ever been that bad, though. Month after month on both services, there is plenty I want to play.

14 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

The ps+ monthly games haven't ever been that bad, though. Month after month on both services, there is plenty I want to play.

It's been a little dubious, IMO.  Unlike GWG, you have to resub to play these games if your subscription lapses.  And you may do better just bargain hunting what you actually want to play.  Most of the AAA games on it last year were already going for <$10 in 2019.  (I owned 90% of them already, for that reason)

If people find value in it still, that's fine.  It’s definitely much better than buying a single new game at full price.  And the PS+ Collection is great for anyone who wasn't already in the PS ecosystem.

I do lot better just checking EGS giveaways and buying the odd Humble Monthly that interests me.  I've got Amazon Prime as well, and the indies given there aren't so far from what you'd see on GWG/PS+ anyways.  (Void Bastards, Blazing Chrome, Kunai, etc)

On 1/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, BloodyHell said:

But I've had people yelling at me that these services have no value..

Sometimes you get games that don't suck in your monthly game lotto so having a paywall for multiplayer makes sense! That's some reasoning.

And the value is always relative anyway, even at the best of times. If the game doesn't happen to suck, but you play a lot of games, there's a good chance you've already played it. I've basically played Control twice now, I have no desire for a PS5 version, for example. And Destruction All-Stars I'd almost bet money is going to be a shitshow. Concrete Genie is a legit one though if you didn't play it well over a year ago.

50 minutes ago, Brick said:

Still don't believe it's worth getting a PS5 yet (not that I would complain if I got one for free as a prize, or gift mind you), but I can't help but admit that the improvements to PS4 games being played on it sure do seem nice. 

The loading times alone are worth the upgrade.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Anyone else having trouble logging into the PSN? I can’t seem get on.

Keeps saying my password is incorrect. But I know it’s right. I changed it anyway just...because...and still no-go. 

Is it just me?

I’ve been on playing CoD all this morning 

• Like 1

@SaysWho? Turns out the area in Bloodborne I bounced off in 2016 was Cainhurst Castle. Looks like my old character was level 44 or something and my best weapon was +3. My new character is level 150something and my saw blade is +8, and who would have guessed that would make a difference? :p Though I guess this is an optional area, seeing as how it ended in a dead end? And those mosquito vampire things were still super annoying, I was glad the castle wasn’t full of them.

IIRC the “last” boss I beat back then was Rom which I haven’t run into again at this point in my run, but I probably have enough momentum to finish this time around. I gotta go that before I play the DeS remake, since I know that running well will spoil me on going back to BB.

Also I can never find someone that wants my co-op help but whenever I ask for it, I find someone immediately. Weird.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

@SaysWho? Turns out the area in Bloodborne I bounced off in 2016 was Cainhurst Castle. Looks like my old character was level 44 or something and my best weapon was +3. My new character is level 150something and my saw blade is +8, and who would have guessed that would make a difference? :p Though I guess this is an optional area, seeing as how it ended in a dead end? And those mosquito vampire things were still super annoying, I was glad the castle wasn’t full of them.

IIRC the “last” boss I beat back then was Rom which I haven’t run into again at this point in my run, but I probably have enough momentum to finish this time around. I gotta go that before I play the DeS remake, since I know that running well will spoil me on going back to BB.

Also I can never find someone that wants my co-op help but whenever I ask for it, I find someone immediately. Weird.

Cainhurst is indeed optional. Great place with a fun end boss. It's easy to accidentally find it, and I don't really remember if I found it my first runthrough.