PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

I haven't had any confusion with the PS4 UI, especially with folders, and this looks sleeker. I'm really curious to try these new features; they sound fantastic. 

Picture in picture looks to be a bigger part of next gen. Sounds like I can play and have a stream next to me at once?

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If the PSN download speeds continue to be dogshit, I guess it’s nice to have a better UI to look at as you wait forever. 

I'd think they are doing something if they went through the effort and cost  of adding WiFi6 to the system.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to PlayStation 5 (12 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: first look at PS5 UI
2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Seems kinda neat, I guess? Seems like it'll still have a lot of weird nested menus, though.

When they said 4k video I laughed. Yeah, good luck saving a bunch of clips on your <1TB SSD. 

The XBO X has been able to capture 4K since it released, and i've used it... never. 1080p works just fine and is viewable by far more people.

When I lived in Mishawaka, IN when I was a teen I would go to Rally's and Hot n Now. Sadly Hot n Now is almost gone. They had tasty greasy food.

bay-city-hot-n-now.png?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s
WRKR.COM

A burger chain that traces its roots back to Kalamazoo in 1984, Hot 'n Now is down to just one location in Sturgis after a Bay City restaurant closed on Labor Day.

On 10/15/2020 at 10:05 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If the PSN download speeds continue to be dogshit, I guess it’s nice to have a better UI to look at as you wait forever. 

They're perfectly fine if you're connected via ethernet, but wifi is where the troubles are.  Hopefully this new chipset will be a bit more efficient than whatever they were using in prior generations. 

1 minute ago, vaxick said:

On the setup speed test, I might get 20 to 30 mbps on WiFi.  On Ethernet, it jumps right up to 150 mbps and higher which is right around where my Comcast connection caps out.  

Yeah, I've never gotten it to go over 100 or so on ethernet. I have a gigabit connection.

I have noticed faster download speeds over the last week on the PS4. Back when Covid started they came out and said they were limiting download speeds due to increased traffic. I definitely saw a difference downloading the Black Ops beta. I think the beta was around 30GB and it took 18 minutes to download.