PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

32 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So the PS5 is larger than the torso of an average sized Japanese man, confirmed.

Wonder how tall he is cause he said its 390mm tall (15.3in in freedom units) so I measured my own torso and mine is roughly over 21.5 inches lol.  

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

So the PS5 is larger than the torso of an average sized Japanese man, confirmed.

Remember when we saw that picture of it MONTHS ago shwoing how big it was and ponies claimed it was fake?

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Yes, the video shows how you attach the stand for Horizontal use 

Does it come with the stand or do you have to buy that separately?

:lol: That fucking ridiculous heatsink. Reminds me of those super huge ones everyone had for their i7s a few years back, dunno if they're still popular.

dfi201091.jpg

Stuff like that. Whatever it takes to keep it cool, lord knows the 3080 and 3090 are like 95% heatsink at this point.

29 minutes ago, Duderino said:

Costly, but the non-propietary slot is already coming into play.

A $229 1TB 7gb/s SSD is a better value proposition than the $219 1TB 2.4gb/s XSX Seagate card.

That is true.  But they offer a similar proposition for each console in compatibility and storage capacity.  The added value of a faster drive correlates to how devs utilize it, which is still an open question for the PS5 in general at this point.

No one should be buying one of these right now regardless.  They're not going to be relevant until people actually start filling up the internal storage.

Sony updated the Backwards Compatibility section of their site

SUPPORT.PLAYSTATION.COM

Games that aren't BC will be labeled in the store as "Playable On: PS4 Only"

These games aren't BC:

DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

Sorry guys. :( 

Also, BC is pretty self-explanatory:

Playing PS4 game discs on a PS5 console with a disc drive

1. Insert the PS4 game disc. You may need to download an update.
  2. Select the game hub from your Games home.
  3. You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game.
  4. PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PlayStation®5 Digital Edition. 

Transfer digital games from a PS4 console to a PS5 console

1. You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer. 
  2. You can access PS4 games on a PS5 console directly from a PS5 extended storage drive. 

Install a PS4 digital game on a PS5 console

1. Select game library from your Games home.
  2. Select the game you want to play.
  3. If you haven't already downloaded the game, select Download.
  4. The game will install automatically. Depending on the game, you may have the option to copy and play a portion of the game right away.

@Paperclyp

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

Sorry guys. :( 

Now I have to cancel my preorder because my favorite games won't be BC! :cry:

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that each individual Studio has to post that their games are playable DAY ONE on PS5 Back Compatibility.  Didn't Sony straight up say all games but 10 are playable.

Also notable that Sucker Punch mentioned Boost Mode for GoT, but there was no mention for Boost Mode with any of the titles the mentioned.  

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that each individual Studio has to post that their games are playable DAY ONE on PS5 Back Compatibility.  Didn't Sony straight up say all games but 10 are playable.

Also notable that Sucker Punch mentioned Boost Mode for GoT, but there was no mention for Boost Mode with any of the titles the mentioned.  

I blame the press constantly miss quoting sony saying only "select" titles will be BC so they're all jumping to say that their games will work on PS5 to their fans. 

Boost Mode is no different than what we saw of games exploiting what they did for the Pro and what you're seeing for BC on XSX. Instead of capping the game at 30fps, they offer an uncap mode that in boost will allow it to run at 60fps. Not everygame would something like this make a difference and some games are working to add patches to offer such a mode.