PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

Booo on getting rid of the Circle as confirm. I just wish they would leave it as OS level and just expose that to gamers. I actually prefer Circle. 

Anyways here is a nice gif to show of improvements made in astro playroom for loading times.

spacer.png

Also some respawning loading times for Astro & Godfall. Looking pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Is it just my perception, or is info on PS5(both consoles, really) unusually sparse at this point in the lead up to release? 

It seems like in generations past we weren't getting tiny drops of information about UI's only a month before release.

I somewhat blame Covid for that. Normally we would get a good breakdown at trade shows in years past. I will say it's interesting to see the contrast between the two systems for what info we have gotten & seen of the consoles.

Xbox isn't changing it's UI really, it's gonna be the same one that's being redesigned on the Xbox One's right now.  So many have seen and are using it today.

PlayStation was a lot more forthcoming in 2013 compared to now, but Covid has probably changed up a lot of plans and timelines this year. 

And ultimately at the end of the day, PS5 is selling out in seconds when it goes up for Pre-order, and Xbox Series X is largely the same.  So while they definitely should show more hopefully soon, its definitely not causing anyone to hold off on Pre-ordering anything. 

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:
f62842fd-263f-46d4-8954-9fbe1a25d636.fef
WWW.WALMART.COM

Free 2-day shipping. Buy Sony PlayStation 5, Digital Edition at Walmart.com

@nublood

I just got myself a Digital Edition. Not sure how long they'll last.  

Def willing to move my Standard Edition now.

Oops! This item is unavailable or on backorder.

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:
f62842fd-263f-46d4-8954-9fbe1a25d636.fef
WWW.WALMART.COM

Free 2-day shipping. Buy Sony PlayStation 5, Digital Edition at Walmart.com

@nublood

I just got myself a Digital Edition. Not sure how long they'll last.  

Def willing to move my Standard Edition now.

@JPDunks4 if he doesnt want it, ill take it

6 hours ago, nublood said:

Nublood definitely wants it.

Looks like you missed rule #38 in article II-A of the Day One Patch bylaws. Anyone speaking in the 3rd person automatically forfeits their right to receive goods or services from other members of said forum. This automatic forfeiture grants the next member the right of first refusal to accept said good or service. 

Therefore, it is my pleasure to accept @JPDunks4standard ps5 pre-order. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Looks like you missed rule #38 in article II-A of the Day One Patch bylaws. Anyone speaking in the 3rd person automatically forfeits their right to receive goods or services from other members of said forum. This automatic forfeiture grants the next member the right of first refusal to accept said good or service. 

Haha. You funny. We got a comedian up in D1P.

9 hours ago, atom631 said:

This is most definitely a rule!

Wow so a good chunk of the PS5 is down to the massive fan and heat sink. So providing they can get the thermals in control when they can slim down the board a bit they might be able to make quite a slimmer unit in the future. That IO ASIC was massive!! :epilepsy: Also it was nice to see visual confirmation for the expansion bay for extended storage.

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

Wow so a good chunk of the PS5 is down to the massive fan and heat sink. So providing they can get the thermals in control when they can slim down the board a bit they might be able to make quite a slimmer unit in the future. That IO ASIC was massive!! :epilepsy: Also it was nice to see visual confirmation for the expansion bay for extended storage.

Yeah, cooling is a big thing with the PS5.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to PlayStation 5 (12 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: PS5 teardown video
4 hours ago, chakoo said:

Wonder if this mean my vacuum will no longer be the loudest appliance in the house...

32 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

How long do  you think it will be fore they announce Xcloud for PS5

Do you mean actual XCloud or sony's version of it which is called Playstation Now for ages.

ps-now-listing-thumb-01-en-30sep20?$face
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Join PS Now for instant access to a huge library of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games, ready to stream to your PS4 or Windows PC, or download to your PS4 console.