PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

8 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Epic money.  Plus PC prices historically being slower to hike.

This is basically it in a nutshell.  Prices are going up.  No one is getting shafted, games are finally getting inflation adjusted.  If $70 is too rich today, $60 was definitely too much at the start of PS3/360 gen.

It again misses the point of why did it go from £50ish which I think was the price of last gen games in the UK, to £70?  That is roughly $90ish USD, not $70.

It is odd that the UK and some other countries jumped up more than the $10 in the US.  Even with the VAT I think it's far more than makes sense.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah but like was said in the article, these price hikes make Gamepass even MORE attractive moving forward for some gamers. I think 70 dollars is fine but that’s me :shrug:

It's true, no doubt.  But I don't think that will lead to consumers being anti-ownership any time soon.  Too many big titles out there that won't release day and date on GP.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

It's true, no doubt.  But I don't think that will lead to consumers being anti-ownership any time soon.  Too many big titles out there that won't release day and date on GP.

I mean sure... except the article concludes with the writer saying he won’t be buying the one game he was really interested in for the PS5 that is exclusive to it and will be playing the other two games on PS4. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I mean sure... except the article concludes with the writer saying he won’t be buying the one game he was really interested in for the PS5 that is exclusive to it and will be playing the other two games on PS4. 

Yeah but that author was also an idiot so whose to say really

43 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

6 weeks left until launch!

November/December is going to be soo expensive for many of us. :nervous:

21 minutes ago, nublood said:

6 weeks until envy for me. I’m starting to doubt I’ll get one this year :s

Don't give up hope. You'll get one. Just be persistent! I've gotten lots of hard to obtain items that way even after the initial batch sold out.

51 minutes ago, nublood said:

If you have no luck I'd be willing to sell mine.  Im getting the X anyway and will have more than enough keeping me busy.  I wanted the Digital PS5 anyway, so I can wait til they are more readily available next year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

If you have no luck I'd be willing to sell mine.  Im getting the X anyway and will have more than enough keeping me busy.  I wanted the Digital PS5 anyway, so I can wait til they are more readily available next year.

I'd offer you my spare digital but shipping cost probably would make it not worth it. =( 

4 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'd offer you my spare digital but shipping cost probably would make it not worth it. =( 

Can you change Shipping Addresses on the Pre-order.  I did on my Target Pre-order before.

That was how I was planning on changing mine.

Even then, if others here were looking and wanted it more, I'd rather someone having the PS5 as a primary console get it first.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nublood said:

If none of mine are canceled, I can change the address on one of them if you'd like.

EDIT: But you'd still have to pay me exactly what I paid. :p Nothing more, nothing less.

13 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

If none of mine are canceled, I can change the address on one of them if you'd like.

EDIT: But you'd still have to pay me exactly what I paid. :p Nothing more, nothing less.

Uh oh...sounds like somebody bought one off ebay. lol

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, nublood said:

Darn it! I missed that reference!

But seriously, If I don't find one I might be up to buy one from someone. We'll see what happens. :peace:

Not to rub it in but 

I posted in this thread before the last round of pre orders if anyone wanted me to try and get one and no one replied. My sister snagged one so I sold it to a coworker for an extra $150.

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Not to rub it in but 

I posted in this thread before the last round of pre orders if anyone wanted me to try and get one and no one replied. My sister snagged one so I sold it to a coworker for an extra $150.

I had a pre order secured at Target at that time. But then it was canceled for reasons they have yet to explain. This pre order/launch has been a dumpster fire imo.

Internet rumors:

HD space after OS and reserved space is 664gb. 

There is also supposedly a video of a cold boot of the system that people are freaking out about because it is about 3 seconds slower than the sex... But it has not been confirmed that it was a current build. 

50 minutes ago, number305 said:

Internet rumors:

There is also supposedly a video of a cold boot of the system that people are freaking out about because it is about 3 seconds slower than the sex... But it has not been confirmed that it was a current build. 

The rumor on Resetera

XSX 1TB = 930GiB (final storage is 802 meaning OS is 128)

PS5 825GB = 768 GiB (final storage 664 meaning OS is 104)

sweating key and peele GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, number305 said:

Internet rumors:

There are still savages out there cold booting their systems?

3 hours ago, number305 said:

Internet rumors:

Just my opinion from the video and controller but I think that is a dev/test kit. It's very common on dev/test kits that the user accounts are simply just user 1 and etc because nobody uses real accounts on the systems. Not that this mean mutch but just throwing that out there.

12 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

There are still savages out there cold booting their systems?

:nervous: I sadly do because I don't always game as much on my consoles and can go for long stretches not touching them. Yet I know I'm probably alone on this. Even more if I know/feel like I won't be using something for the next month or two I tend to box them back up. 

My solution on the Xbox is just going to be a fast 3.1 SSD external drive. They have shown that you can shuttle games back and forth pretty fast. I'm sure it will be the same for PS. Maybe in a year I'll buy an expansion card if the price comes down or there are sales. 

So tomorrow morning there will be some Impressions from Japanese Influencers.

Not sure what will be shown, but the stuff showing the length and time of the previews, mainly show Astrobot or whatever being played, with a few playing Godfall or other games afterwards. 

No clue if UI or anything else is gonna be shown.