PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

15 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Why didn’t you rob her? :confused: 

I was happy to see her all giddy getting it. She had a big smile on her face and walked out with swag. I did think about meeting her out in the parking lot and stealing it for roughly 3 seconds. :p

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I actually made it through the Sony Direct queue into the store to buy a PS5 disc version and had it in my cart only to have it sold out right in the middle of checking out.

Christ, Sony is goddamned incompetent.

I made it to the front of the queue but as soon the page to buy it loaded it was gone. I didn't expect to get it though because I only entered the queue *after* it had already started.

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I actually made it through the Sony Direct queue into the store to buy a PS5 disc version and had it in my cart only to have it sold out right in the middle of checking out.

If you follow the Twitter alert bots, it's actually not too difficult. I secured one in less than two weeks of looking.

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I actually made it through the Sony Direct queue into the store to buy a PS5 disc version and had it in my cart only to have it sold out right from under me while I was in the middle of checking out.

It's not a sony thing. I had the same thing happen last week when I went to Target, had it in the cart and sold out while I was checking out. I think at this point you're lucky to even get it in you cart. By the time I see alerts now it's already gone by the time you check the page.

Figured out what the real problem i was having before and it wasn't the PS5. It was the CyberPower Surge protector/ UPS i bought a couple years ago that was causing the alarm sound. It went off tonight while i was sleeping which it hadn't done before. I tossed it out because i couldn't get it to turn off and didn't want my neighbors to complain. Maybe the PS5 overtaxed it? Or the one i bought was a piece of junk.

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Figured out what the real problem i was having before and it wasn't the PS5. It was the CyberPower Surge protector/ UPS i bought a couple years ago that was causing the alarm sound. It went off tonight while i was sleeping which it hadn't done before. I tossed it out because i couldn't get it to turn off and didn't want my neighbors to complain. Maybe the PS5 overtaxed it? Or the one i bought was a piece of junk.

How old was it? They go bad eventually 

8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Did you check the batteries?

15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's not a sony thing. I had the same thing happen last week when I went to Target, had it in the cart and sold out while I was checking out. I think at this point you're lucky to even get it in you cart. By the time I see alerts now it's already gone by the time you check the page.

The difference is that Sony puts you into a queue before letting you in to the store.  In theory, if you're allowed to enter the store, then you should be guaranteed a console as the system should operate on the basis that you wouldn't be let in if there weren't enough for everyone.

It took me 4 months of trying every time it popped up anywhere to get mine. I used Hotstock and it was still a giant pain. I was in utter disbelief when my order actually went through with Best Buy, since I had gotten one up to payment processing many times in the past only to get screwed by website stupidity and stock selling out even though I was already in checkout.

On a different note, I had to remove my PS5 fan and add o-rings to all of its mounting points to get rid of terrible fan whine/vibrational noise. It's nice and quiet now.

10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The difference is that Sony puts you into a queue before letting you in to the store.  In theory, if you're allowed to enter the store, then you should be guaranteed a console as the system should operate on the basis that you wouldn't be let in if there weren't enough for everyone.

Once you get a PS5 you'll understand this is just another thing to be expected.

I know i'm beating a dead horse here but fuck the PS5 and its dinky ass storage. I had 80GB of free space but couldn't download the Apex Legends update. I delete an 11GB game. The Apex update started and its a tiny 180MB which then took 15 more minutes to "copy" and install. Now I have 91GB of free space. The PS5 has 667GB of usable free space but you're pretty much forced to keep another 100GB open so you can install updates. Fuck this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I know i'm beating a dead horse here but fuck the PS5 and its dinky ass storage. I had 80GB of free space but couldn't download the Apex Legends update. I delete an 11GB game. The Apex update started and its a tiny 180MB which then took 15 more minutes to "copy" and install. Now I have 91GB of free space. The PS5 has 667GB of usable free space but you're pretty much forced to keep another 100GB open so you can install updates. Fuck this. 

Paul Tassi, the Forbes Games writer, basically said this among a few other things are making him buy all his 3rd party games on his Xbox from now on.  His reasoning was this was one of the most vocal complaints about the PS4, and it somehow wasn't fixed for PS5.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:02 PM, DarkStar189 said:

I heard this issue on the Giant Beastcast I think. Jeff said that Sony should have allocated that 100GB needed to install updates as unusable. So in reality you would only have 567GB of free space showing so you don't risk missing updates. This is a weird problem to have that can easily be solvable but then you would have less storage to install games.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone try Soulstorm now that it’s out and on plus? The cinemas are great, and I actually kinda like that’s it’s more of a platformer now with double jump, but is it just me or is the in game kinda just straight ugly? Like it’s technically not bad i don’t think, but just everything looks kinda ugly. Not sure if it’s just me or what.