PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

You're son might be playing the traditional multiplayer, but just about everyone is only playing Warzone it seems.  My nephews only ever play Warzone, the only reason they care about owning Cold War, was so they could unlock guns for Warzone faster.

Yeah your son just wants to get that OP Mac-10 faster.

• Like 1

Wonder if it's similar to the help feature that was in the New Super Mario Bros. games where if you died enough times it would give you the option to have the computer beat the level for you. 

I would have to assume Trophies wouldn't get claimed if it's used. 

DsEuc54WsAABizL-e1578671452770.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

SIE boss claims the PS5 generation will have ‘more exclusives than ever before’…

“We have been quietly but steadily investing in high-quality games for PlayStation, and we will make sure that the PS5 generation will have more dedicated software than ever before,” Ryan said.

“We have repeatedly engaged in mergers and acquisitions, including Insomniac Games in the US. We will not rule out that option in the future.”

Man I fired up my PS3 today and I forgot how archaic the system design is. You download the games then you have to install them manually then delete the install. :silly:

Also, I have 2 DS3s and either of them can barely hold a charge anymore it seems. I was able to get one to charge the other one seems like it's not going to work any longer, I was lucky to even find a spare cord to plug the second one in with. :p

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Man I fired up my PS3 today and I forgot how archaic the system design is. You download the games then you have to install them manually then delete the install. :silly:

Also, I have 2 DS3s and either of them can barely hold a charge anymore it seems. I was able to get one to charge the other one seems like it's not going to work any longer, I was lucky to even find a spare cord to plug the second one in with. :p

It may be archaic but its Bluetooth technology allows you to use the PS4 and PS5 controller on it!

• Shocked 1

Maybe it's because my PS3 is relatively young(got it in 2013) or because I mostly keep my controller charged because I still play it on a semi regular basis, but the battery life on my DS3 is still great. Like, noticeably better than the DS4 thanks to that stupid light bar. I would say 10-20 hours. 

The only problem with the DS3 is with it being mini-USB there's really nothing else that uses that anymore. I have micro and type c cables for charging whatever always ready to go in my bedroom and living room, but if I want to charge my DS3 I have to specifically turn on my PS3 and let it run to do it. The DS3 is even picky about what power brick it will accept if you want to try to use a cable with a wall adapter. 

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It may be archaic but its Bluetooth technology allows you to use the PS4 and PS5 controller on it!

Really? 

I did not know this.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Maybe it's because my PS3 is relatively young(got it in 2013) or because I mostly keep my controller charged because I still play it on a semi regular basis, but the battery life on my DS3 is still great. Like, noticeably better than the DS4 thanks to that stupid light bar. I would say 10-20 hours. 

The only problem with the DS3 is with it being mini-USB there's really nothing else that uses that anymore. I have micro and type c cables for charging whatever always ready to go in my bedroom and living room, but if I want to charge my DS3 I have to specifically turn on my PS3 and let it run to do it. The DS3 is even picky about what power brick it will accept if you want to try to use a cable with a wall adapter. 

Really? 

I did not know this.

I played the PS3 R&C games with a DS4 and DualSense. Pretty neat.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I played the PS3 R&C games with a DS4 and DualSense. Pretty neat.

Definitely gonna give that a try as the DS4 has become my favorite controller ever.

Edit: Just tried it out, works awesome. I can not believe I was unaware of this until just now :lol:

ezgif-6-b58587db9925.png
T.CO

Sony's next generation PlayStation VR headset for PS5 will have 4K resolution, foveated rendering and a dial for adjustment of panel position directly in front of the eyes.

Rumor: according to UploadVR sources, Sony's next-gen VR headset is 4K (2000x2040 per eye), has inside-out tracking, a vibration motor (haptic feedback) and foveated rendering

On 4/28/2021 at 7:24 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Huge thread if you are interested in the financial results and tidbits like PS5 selling at a loss at $500

That is stunning. How is this happening? Honest question.

There are global shortages of hardware. The games library is paltry at best, and most stuff can still be played on the last-gen system. The cost is even financially obstructive for (I assume) at least some people. Yet the PS5 is selling like hot cakes. 

Playstation 5? More like Playstation Juggernaut. UNSTOPPABLE!

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

ezgif-6-b58587db9925.png
T.CO

Sony's next generation PlayStation VR headset for PS5 will have 4K resolution, foveated rendering and a dial for adjustment of panel position directly in front of the eyes.

Rumor: according to UploadVR sources, Sony's next-gen VR headset is 4K (2000x2040 per eye), has inside-out tracking, a vibration motor (haptic feedback) and foveated rendering

Sounds awesome on paper but I don't think I'm biting on VR this entire new gen. I really regretted buying vr for my ps4 pro as I wasted a lot of money on it. All for tech demos and barely a handful of actual games to play. Maybe in 10 years or so I'll get into it.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

That is stunning. How is this happening? Honest question.

There are global shortages of hardware. The games library is paltry at best, and most stuff can still be played on the last-gen system. The cost is even financially obstructive for (I assume) at least some people. Yet the PS5 is selling like hot cakes. 

Playstation 5? More like Playstation Juggernaut. UNSTOPPABLE!

I've been feasting on games. I'm struggling to think of many consoles that started with this much quality by May of the following year, even going back to the PS2 (granted, its best games came starting in June). I have a third game coming, three weeks in a row, this week, plus R&C next month.

I'm probably set for the year if for some reason Horizon is delayed, which I'm feeling pretty good about its release.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I've been feasting on games. I'm struggling to think of many consoles that started with this much quality by May of the following year, even going back to the PS2 (granted, its best games came starting in June). I have a third game coming, three weeks in a row, this week, plus R&C next month.

I'm probably set for the year if for some reason Horizon is delayed, which I'm feeling pretty good about its release.

Ah yeah from what I’ve seen that new Ratchet game is shaping up really well!  Should be another good’un for the franchise, and for fans!

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@best3444 horizon is still this year according to Sony

But also cross gen.

Yup. So I'll just buy it on my ps4 pro and enjoy it in all of it's 30fps glory!  I'll probably miss a few enhancements other than fps but nothing too drastic I'm almost positive. 

25 games? Well, we only know of (as in announced, many of their studios just haven't announced their next projects yet), am I missing any? Returnal and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart are out basically. 

-Gran Turismo 7

-Horizon Forbidden West

-MLB The Show 22

-God of War: Ragnarok

-Everybody's Golf 2 (Clap Hanz)

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

25 games? Well, we only know of (as in announced, many of their studios just haven't announced their next projects yet), am I missing any? Returnal and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart are out basically. 

-Gran Turismo 7

-Horizon Forbidden West

-MLB The Show 22

-God of War: Ragnarok

-Everybody's Golf 2 (Clap Hanz)

Wait, Clap Hanz is still working on a new golf game for the PS5?  I thought their story with PlayStation was over after they released that golf game on Apple Arcade.  I sincerely hope we see a sequel to Everybody's Golf as I loved that game and I'd argue is the best golf franchise on the market.  Well, at least for those of us who prefer a more arcade style of golf opposed to that of a sim.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Wait, Clap Hanz is still working on a new golf game for the PS5?  I thought their story with PlayStation was over after they released that golf game on Apple Arcade.  I sincerely hope we see a sequel to Everybody's Golf as I loved that game and I'd argue is the best golf franchise on the market.  Well, at least for those of us who prefer a more arcade style of golf opposed to that of a sim.

I mean, I'm presuming its existence, to be fair. They are a second party studio, so like Housemarque and Bluepoint, they can release games for other platforms (though the golf game on Apple Arcade was a surprise). They haven't been working on anything else since Everybody's Golf PS4 and it's all they've been doing since forever so I'm assuming it's coming.