PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

Never got anything from Walmart but they both arrived at the same time. My Spidey game was loose in the case but I think is ok. Now do I take it out and play or try to sell for profit and buy another system later?

If you’re selling it because irs a pandemic and you need the extra money, I get it. But goddamn I hate scalpers. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What business is it of yours what he does with it? Supply and demand... it's economics 101.

Its nit my business, I was stating an opinion. I can’t change what he does, nor was I trying to. Isn’t that what the forum was aabout? Conversing and exchanging opinions? 
its still my opinion that its wrong to take advantage of people. It ends up hurting the poor. The rich aren’t making terrible financial decisions like spending 1500$ on a 500$ console that will be widely available soon. Its random young people with credit cards having no idea how to manage money, or what that 1500$ will cost them in the end after 20+% interest rates on their cards. 

supply and demand is fine, when you’re not completely taking advantage of people. 

And im not the first in this thread to speak of my disdain for this practice. 

so apparently people figured out a way to bypass the queue on sony direct. if you click the link from google and hit escape as the queue is loading, it puts you right on the product page. 

its all showing out of stock now and my queue still says more than an hour wait. 

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

so apparently people figured out a way to bypass the queue on sony direct. if you click the link from google and hit escape as the queue is loading, it puts you right on the product page. 

its all showing out of stock now and my queue still says more than an hour wait. 

That's fucked up. Had my fingers crossed for you. 

heres another idea - craft breweries when they have a one-a-year release, create a lottery to avoid massive turnout and disappointed fans when they cant get their hands on a bottle. Everyone emails them who wants in and they select a random total number of emails based on availability. 

how about open a lottery - and when the next 1000 get released - draw 1000 emails. give them 24hrs to respond. if they dont then randomly chose another email. 

why is this such a fucking shitshow? 

6 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

@atom631

For the big companies like Sony their main goal is produce as many consoles as possible, as quickly as possible, and get them out the door. Who buys them how.... is probably at the bottom of their list:/ They know every console produced now till June is basically sold on arrival. 

no doubt. but they can still at least try to give a shit about their customers. 

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

I'm still in the queue, and I'm going to wait and see what happens. I don't have anything to lose, besides its open on my iPad and I'm on my other computer playing games.

Honestly that's how I got my PS5 from Best Buy... I kept clicking refresh long after hope seemed lost and ended up getting one.

• Like 1

ps5remote1-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Sony lists ten (including Apple TV) but some others may also be ready in time

The PS4 currently hosts versions of 21 different media-streaming apps. Among the ones not even mentioned in today's PS5 blog post: CBS All Access, CBS News, HBO Max, Crackle, Funimation, NBA, NFL, PlutoTV, Plex, VRV, and Vudu.

@skillzdadirecta I tried finding them on the PS5 and they weren't available.

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
ps5remote1-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Sony lists ten (including Apple TV) but some others may also be ready in time

@skillzdadirecta I tried finding them on the PS5 and they weren't available.

Doesn’t bother me to be honest. I don’t use my SOny consoles for much besides playing games. I do all my media stuff on Xbox or my TV.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Doesn’t bother me to be honest. I don’t use my SOny consoles for much besides playing games. I do all my media stuff on Xbox or my TV.

I'm giving my friends kid my PS4 and i don't have a smart TV so my PS5 will be my media player at least for a few months until i save enough to upgrade to 4k smart TV.