PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Max: The rumble in the dualsense makes the rumble in the joycons feel like wet shit :lol:

So play Astro's Playroom I guess and it will change your life.

I mean joycons are all around just terrible, one of the worst pieces of tech ever. Brilliant idea, really poor implementation.

7 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I started the transfer of data before I went to sleep for a few hours before work. When I woke up it was only at 15% finished...

Use a lan cable, it's literally about 10x faster apparently.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Max: The rumble in the dualsense makes the rumble in the joycons feel like wet shit :lol:

So play Astro's Playroom I guess and it will change your life.

I was so excited when they were touting HD Rumble and people spoke of that marble game in 1..2.. Switch.  Then I got my Switch and realized the HD Rumble just felt like a smoother buzz and as an added bonus, my Joycon sounds like it's falling apart every time it's buzzing.  

7 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

@Dodger @Spork3245@ManUtdRedDevils

What's the status of your Target orders? Mine was picked up by fedex a few hours ago, supposed to arrive tomorrow apparently. 

My bank account hasn't been charged though? lol

Got a tracking number around 3:30pm yesterday, still says that a label was created without actual shipping info. It does say that it’s expected to arrive on Sunday, though.

13 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Use a lan cable, it's literally about 10x faster apparently.

Would it help if I connected the cord after it already started? It didn't look like I could cancel it after it started.

Just found out a buddy of mine is trying to get a PS5 for his son for Christmas. Neither he or his wife could get through checkout on Walmart or elsewhere yesterday without the page crashing. Any word on stocks from anywhere from now till Christmas? I know GameStop is supposedly going to have some on Black Friday , is that physically in-store or online (or both)?

Of course, if anyone has an extra they’re planning to unload on a D1Per that was unable to secure a PS5, I’d be willing to take it off your hands for him too.

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Just found out a buddy of mine is trying to get a PS5 for his son for Christmas. Neither he or his wife could get through checkout on Walmart or elsewhere yesterday without the page crashing. Any word on stocks from anywhere from now till Christmas? I know GameStop is supposedly going to have some on Black Friday , is that physically in-store or online (or both)?

Of course, if anyone has an extra they’re planning to unload on a D1Per that was unable to secure a PS5, I’d be willing to take it off your hands for him too.

Yeah I’m in the same boat. My neighbor is trying to get one for his kids for Christmas. We were both unable to get through yesterday. I’m sure they’ll pop up from time to time over the next month

They will definitely have stock sometime between now and Christmas. Just judging by yesterday, it seems like a lot of websites were able to get the word out early enough about retailers taking more orders. I found out yesterday morning just by opening chrome and the first recommended story was ps5 orders opening again. 

PS5 might actually have a performance advantage with Valhalla?  It could be its dynamic resolution dropping more intelligently.  There's less tearing, but it's still there at points.

As said in the Xbox thread, they both average 1368p-1620p, temporally reconstructed to 4K.

EDIT: DF confirms as well.

19 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

PS5 might actually have a performance advantage with Valhalla?  It could be its dynamic resolution dropping more intelligently.  There's less tearing, but it's still there at points.

As said in the Xbox thread, they both average 1368p-1620p, temporally reconstructed to 4K.

EDIT: DF confirms as well.

But muh Teraflops!

8 hours ago, vaxick said:

I was so excited when they were touting HD Rumble and people spoke of that marble game in 1..2.. Switch.  Then I got my Switch and realized the HD Rumble just felt like a smoother buzz and as an added bonus, my Joycon sounds like it's falling apart every time it's buzzing.  

I'm with you on this. I just didn't talk about it much for fear of being mauled by Nintendo fanboys. HD Rumble barely felt any different then what everything else was. To be honest the only time rumble has ever impressed me was in MGS on PS1 with the helicopter flying by. It's nice now seeing many others talk up about this recently.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Gamestop Black Friday ad says in store. I expect a few retailers will probably have some for online sale on BF as well. 

31 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'm with you on this. I just didn't talk about it much for fear of being mauled by Nintendo fanboys. HD Rumble barely felt any different then what everything else was. To be honest the only time rumble has ever impressed me was in MGS on PS1 with the helicopter flying by. It's nice now seeing many others talk up about this recently.

The HD rumble moons in Mario Odyssey actively pissed me off.  They tried, but it wasn't clear enough of an aid.  Nintendo still deserves credit for advancing the tech somewhat.  Rumble hadn't been improved meaningfully in decades.

I still think the OG Star Fox 64 had the best rumble until now.  It didn't give a fuck about your battery life, lol.

10 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Never got anything from Walmart but they both arrived at the same time. My Spidey game was loose in the case but I think is ok. Now do I take it out and play or try to sell for profit and buy another system later?

Wait till after Dougies 2:30 announcement. He pushed it back an hour so maybe more restrictions are coming.

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

The HD rumble moons in Mario Odyssey actively pissed me off.  They tried, but it wasn't clear enough of an aid.  Nintendo still deserves for advancing the tech somewhat.  Rumble hadn't been improved meaningfully in decades.

I still think the OG Star Fox 64 had the best rumble until now.  It didn't give a fuck about your battery life, lol.

I'm not sure I really feel nintendo deserves much credit for HD Rumble. I've seen better haptic tech at GDC/CES years ago (long before the switch) that wasn't very big for integration into a device.

6 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'm not sure I really feel nintendo deserves much credit for HD Rumble. I've seen better haptic tech at GDC/CES years ago (long before the switch) that wasn't very big for integration into a device.

There was better motion tech avaiable when the Wii launched as well.  So it depends on what you want to give credit for. 

There hadn't been a meaningful update to rumble in decades on consoles.  HD Rumble was more of a half step, but at least it pushed forward.