PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

That DMC5 video illustrates why there aren't as many 120fps games on PS5.  Without a VRR display or a hard 120fps lock, it's a pointless feature.  And the PS5 isn't supporting VRR at launch.

It's probably a pointless feature without a VRR display anyways.  I'd imagine that most games will have dips on both platforms.

32 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Target is a fucking shit show. I needed to change the address to my friends address and the help guy said it wasn’t possible to change the address even though it wasn’t even close to being shipped (multiple weeks ago). Like what the Fuck are you supposed to do if you move? He told me to contact the company delivering the PS5 once it ships to get it changed. And not putting it in a box is shitty and fucking lazy. 

my opinion about target has gone WAY down 

Shipping target.com orders out of the back room was something I did for a few years. Sometimes it got really stupid, like we would have to ship these glass vases with no good way to actually secure them. We only ever had 5 or 6 sizes of boxes to choose from, so sometimes we would have to use a box that was way too big. Then we would have to fill it up with those big plastic bubbles, until we ran out of those so nothing would get padding for a while. And then we would run out of the most common medium size box which really fucked everything up. I was really annoyed because I wanted to actually do my job well (an impulse that’s largely squandered in retail) and everyone else was happy to just chuck shit into a box then kick it onto the UPS truck.

So basically, it’s not surprising to me that they’ll just slap a shipping label on a PS5 box and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

Wow Target, wow.  Feel bad for everybody who scored their pre-order through them if this holds true.  That's going to be a complete shit show.  Besides the fact those sitting outside of houses is begging them to be stolen, are those boxes even designed to the transported through the mail without a box.  The outer sleeve doesn't exactly look durable and I'd fear it could tear quite easily, potentially having your shipping label go missing on top of it all.  

Best Buy called me about my order the other day, asking when I'd like to pick it up, whether it'd be curbside or in-store, etc. When they asked if I had any questions, my verbatim question was: "Will you have any opaque bags so I don't get beat to death if someone sees me with this thing?" to which the guy chuckled and said "of course." I cannot even fathom shipping these things without covering them up. Fuck, man, wrap them in brown paper or something!

People die on console launches because of thieves. I can only imagine some fight turning deadly as a porch pirate spots one and the owner of the package opens the door at the same time they're trying to steal it or something ridiculous like that, not to overlook the metric shittons of these that'll just straight up be stolen, a fair few likely by the people delivering them at some point in the chain.

Hell, Best Buy made sure to give me an opaque bag when I picked up my Dual Sense the other week for crying out loud. Although that might've been because I was walking around the store with it for a while and some 20 foot tall Asian kid was following me like a lost puppy before finally asking if it was in fact a Dual Sense, and asked where I got it from because he clearly wanted to buy one.

19 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Best Buy called me about my order the other day, asking when I'd like to pick it up, whether it'd be curbside or in-store, etc. When they asked if I had any questions, my verbatim question was: "Will you have any opaque bags so I don't get beat to death if someone sees me with this thing?" to which the guy chuckled and said "of course." I cannot even fathom shipping these things without covering them up. Fuck, man, wrap them in brown paper or something!

People die on console launches because of thieves. I can only imagine some fight turning deadly as a porch pirate spots one and the owner of the package opens the door at the same time they're trying to steal it or something ridiculous like that, not to overlook the metric shittons of these that'll just straight up be stolen, a fair few likely by the people delivering them at some point in the chain.

Hell, Best Buy made sure to give me an opaque bag when I picked up my Dual Sense the other week for crying out loud. Although that might've been because I was walking around the store with it for a while and some 20 foot tall Asian kid was following me like a lost puppy before finally asking if it was in fact a Dual Sense, and asked where I got it from because he clearly wanted to buy one.

Wait, has this ever actually happened?

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Wait, has this ever actually happened?

I actually can't remember if anyone has actually died during launches, but I do recall many sales gone bad and a few people being robbed/stabbed (not sure if they survived) for their consoles on launch day, even in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I actually can't remember if anyone has actually died during launches, but I do recall many sales gone bad and a few people being robbed/stabbed (not sure if they survived) for their consoles on launch day, even in the UK.

I knew people had been robbed, but I didn’t know anyone was seriously physically injured.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

pretty sure somebody died during the ps2 launch, people have also gotten shot/killed for holiday Air Jordan  sneaker releases about 10-15 years ago too. Obviously things are a bit different with most physical releases cancelled but tensions are at an all-time high, tech is really in demand this year, hopefully everyone stays safe out there.