PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

21 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Pretty big news if true, especially with only 650ish gb available for games.

It's the difference between re-downloading a PS5 game vs copying it from a USB drive to play it.

Probably something Sony should have supported.  But it's much bigger news that the SSD expansion slot isn't usable yet, download speeds are improved, and PS4 games are playable via USB.

Unless someone is re-downloading their entire ps4 collection onto the internal SSD on day one neither is really big news or important. All will get rectified in short order before they are relevant issues people will need to deal with. It's like people making noise over the PS4 camera cable like they were something that wouldn't happen for a long time yet people are now getting shipping confirmations for their cables. 

-edit-

It's also why I really don't see the XSS small storage as a huge issue right now either. Sure maybe long term but hopefully by then the external MS SSD card for XSX/XSS will improve in price. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll believe those download speeds when I see them. I'm not expecting to actually PLAY my PS5 the day I get it... dow we know how big the launch games are particularly Demon's Souls, Miles Morales and Godfall?

astros playroom is pre-installed so will have something to play lol

43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll believe those download speeds when I see them. I'm not expecting to actually PLAY my PS5 the day I get it... dow we know how big the launch games are particularly Demon's Souls, Miles Morales and Godfall?

Fast DL speeds when review units are limited and probably have their own servers. That Demon Souls DL gonna be 12+ hrs. 

Im Sure No Doubt GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

To me, this confirms Bloodborne will get a remaster at some point.

BB not running better on PS5 has been known for a long time. All games that run at locked 30fps on PS4 will not be able to break 30fps cap on ps5, they'd need to be patched.

For BB there are even more hoops as apparently not only did they hardcode 30fps but framerate is also tied to frame speed meaning bumping it would literally make the game play faster, sounds like it'd be a lot of work to put out a patch to allow higher fps meaning yeah BB 60fps dream is probably dead unless we get a remake or a remaster.

Just now, thedarkstark said:

BB not running better on PS5 has been known for a long time. All games that rut at locked 30fps on PS4 will not be able to break 30fps on ps5, they'd need to be patched.

For BB there are even more hoops as apparently not only did they hardcode 30fps but framerate is also tied to frame speed meaning bumping it would literally make the game play faster, sounds like it'd be a lot of work to put out a patch to allow higher fps meaning yeah BB 60fps dream is probably dead unless we get a remake or a remaster.

To me, this confirms Bloodborne will get a remaster at some point. :celebrate:

• Thanks 1