PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

18 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Damn Tárget says it’s back ordered now. I have little faith in my PS5 preorder with them now. 

If they haven’t shipped it to you yet that’s weird. They are either behind on stock or are sending it to you with your ps5 which doesn’t make sense since the headset released today. 

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My 11 year old: “Dad, have you seen the PS5? It looks like it’s broken. Why did they make it look like that?”

It does look stupid 😂

It’s the first console that I plan to put behind my tv next to my router because it’s ugly and if it falls over, it could crush my 15 month old daughter 

• Haha 3

PS5 headset is awesome. I played it with crash 4 and TLOU2.  The limited dialogue in crash sounds great. The music and sound effects in TLOU2 were awesome as well. I know some of you are audiophiles so it probably won’t be that impressive, but I’m happy so far with my purchase. 

15 minutes ago, johnny said:

PS5 headset is awesome. I played it with crash 4 and TLOU2.  The limited dialogue in crash sounds great. The music and sound effects in TLOU2 were awesome as well. I know some of you are audiophiles so it probably won’t be that impressive, but I’m happy so far with my purchase. 

It will probably work even better on the PS 5 and i hope to get those in December.

Part of me kind of wants to be amped about buying this and I find myself trying to find ways to make myself want it, but I just can't really imagine using it. I guess the only point favoring it is exclusives, but then it just seems like a ton of money to pay for a few games.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Part of me kind of wants to be amped about buying this and I find myself trying to find ways to make myself want it, but I just can't really imagine using it. I guess the only point favoring it is exclusives, but then it just seems like a ton of money to pay for a few games.

Best to buy it at the end of its life then! You'll save plenty and still get to experience some of the high production values in a given generation. 

5 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm kind of in the same boat but I traded in my ps4 last month (Amazon was giving $200 for a slim, which only $50 less than I paid for it) so I figure I'll be able to play all the enhanced versions of my backlog games in addition to new exclusives and it only cost me $300

I'm excited for demons souls and Spider-man but after those 2 titles it's probably going to be a very long time before I play it again. 

11 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Best to buy it at the end of its life then! You'll save plenty and still get to experience some of the high production values in a given generation. 

Looking back through the last couple of generations, I realize this is more or less what I do with every console. I don’t necessarily wait until the end, but usually the system has had at least one big price drop and the must-play games can be found at a good discount. I rarely feel like I’m missing out. 

12 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I canceled Spectrum Cable service so that I could save around $90 a month. 

When I moved I canceled my cable and have not re-upped. I got YoutubeTV which I'm getting close to cutting as well. Sadly I share it with my mom who seems to like it so I dunno. Will probably wait till football season ends.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rev said:

You have a really nice PC with a 3080. It will be hard to top that hardware wise, so I'd just wait until it has enough exclusives you really want. That's what I did with PS4.

I think I'm going to starting relentlessly saving so next summer we can buy a new 4K TV and get  PS5 to go along with it.

As a side bar, I've always been someone that likes the idea of a Souls game, but I've never really played them (I've got to the Gaping Dragon, died a few times and not really touched the game since) - but that Demon's Souls remake looks pretty epic. I love the monster design (leaning more to dark fantasy than horror) and the lack of HUD looks great. It might tempt me to give the series another try (although with getting a Switch in a few weeks, I might get the Remastered Dark Souls and see if playing portably will help).

• Like 1