PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ok it's been years since I've played this game but I DO NOT remember this boss battle. Was this an optional thing?

Never played Demons Souls but most likely yes. There are usually only a handful of bosses that you have to fight in Souls games, most are optional.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Uhh, I started to fill that out, got to the enter address section, and USA isn’t on the list of countries... wtf?

There's a site for those of us in NA, but you're now going to have the fun issue I have in which that site will probably tell you your serial number has already been entered.  I'm probably going to end up calling Sony myself to just order over the phone, but I'm holding off on that as I imagine their call center is is probably getting slammed right now.  

3 minutes ago, vaxick said:

There's a site for those of us in NA, but you're now going to have the fun issue I have in which that site will probably tell you your serial number has already been entered.  I'm probably going to end up calling Sony myself to just order over the phone, but I'm holding off on that as I imagine their call center is is probably getting slammed right now.  

What’s the separate site? And why are there even two?

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:
GLOBAL.SUPPORT.PLAYSTATION.COM

Here it is for US.

I used this (the US site) yesterday no problems. I got the following email immediately.

Your request for a PlayStation®Camera Adaptor has been received.

We will contact you again about the status of your request.

If you need help, please visit PlayStation Support for helpful information on using the PlayStation Camera Adaptor.

We sincerely thank you for being a loyal PlayStation®VR owner.

Regards,

The PlayStation Consumer Services Team

15 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Nah, it's a great accessory and a mind warp. So glad VR became as good as it was this gen and can't wait for PSVR2.

It’s great if that’s all you have, but it is a genuinely terrible VR experience compared to anything else of its vintage. Mine has been boxed up for a loooong time.

Just now, sblfilms said:

It’s great if that’s all you have, but it is a genuinely terrible VR experience compared to anything else of its vintage. Mine has been boxed up for a loooong time.

I feel like @skillzdadirecta had other VR stuff and still really dug PSVR but I could be remembering wrong.

I mean, it's less expensive for a reason :p. But I fucking love it.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I feel like @skillzdadirecta had other VR stuff and still really dug PSVR but I could be remembering wrong.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for it as my first entry into VR ❤️

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yeah I have a Quest as well. PSVR is cumbersome and can be a bit finnicky but some of the exclusive games it has make up for it. Blood and Truth alone makes it a worthwile purchase for me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Thanks man. I think it’ll be fine when I explain what happened, I’ll update after I call tomorrow.

Thank you for being the sacrificial lamb and reporting as to what Sony's customer service will do.  I'm not looking forward to making that call at all because they made a bizarre choice to place the US and Canada in a separate site without making it clear to consumers.  

12 hours ago, vaxick said:

Thank you for being the sacrificial lamb and reporting as to what Sony's customer service will do.  I'm not looking forward to making that call at all because they made a bizarre choice to place the US and Canada in a separate site without making it clear to consumers.  

Try the (proper) link again. It may reset if you don't enter shipping information - I just tried it again on my desktop (instead of my iPhone) so I could get the error message with the number to call and it worked for me without issue this time. Two possibilities, if you used the "global" site instead of the North American site, there could be some cookies that hold over and stop you from entering again, so try on a different device or at least a different browser, OR the information-things reset every night if you didn't enter shipping info.

@ManUtdRedDevils :hug: 

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Great news! I will continue my ban of posting links for the foreseeable future. @Spork3245

No, don’t, I was just annoyed at the situation and shouldn’t have blamed you. The fault was on Sony for making literally no clear difference between the sites until you go to enter your address. It’s amazing how bad Sony is at things sometimes.

22 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

God damn does this game look good:

while the game looks good.... when are we going to see actual reaction and hit damage? 

he swings at this things stinger and other than some blood, there's no indication your doing anything. 

AC Valhalla will use upscaling to get to 4K.

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-1-scaled.jpg
WWW.DUALSHOCKERS.COM

Assassin's Creed Valhalla has been confirmed to hit the same benchmarks across both Xbox Series X and PS5, ending any lingering questions.

“I can confirm that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs at 4K at 60 fps on PS5 (upscaled 4K).”

So apparently Assassin's Creed Syndicate won't be backwards compatible along with other Ubisoft games.

siajkngjbxfwjd569ywe.png
KOTAKU.COM

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate and a few of the series’ spin-offs won’t work on PS5, Ubisoft announced today.

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia

Star Trek Bridge Crew

Werewolves Within

Space Junkies

Risk

Wonder what makes Syndicate different from Unity.