PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

The storage issue is going to get exponentially worse. I can foresee a time when 3+ huge AAA titles release within a month of each other and we might realistically not have enough space for all 3. For three games.

Obviously, those games would be enormous, but games ain't been getting any smaller.

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

The storage issue is going to get exponentially worse. I can foresee a time when 3+ huge AAA titles release within a month of each other and we might realistically not have enough space for all 3. For three games.

Obviously, those games would be enormous, but games ain't been getting any smaller.

You're definitely right when you can't even safety store PS4 ganes on an external HDD atm.

13 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

You're definitely right when you can't even safety store PS4 ganes on an external HDD atm.

You literally don’t need to though, thats what we keep telling you. If you have ps+, you have cloud saves, which are available anywhere you log into your account.

Edit: Misread. 
yes you can safely store them. There was one bug, with one game, and they already patched and fixed it. People are blowing it up into being unsafe to use an external, and thats just false. It wasMiles Morales, in rest mode, with the hdd attached. Thats it, and they fixed it yesterday.

the misinformation about both consoles is getting a bit ridiculous.

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I had a scary crash playing Miles Morales earlier tonight... froze the whole system.  I think it was because it was downloading an update while I was playing. I turned it off after that. Gonna try and play again later.

Seems like Miles Morales is where most people are having problem with crashes. I've read people are having to do a hard reboot in safe mode to get back going :/

18 minutes ago, nublood said:

Seems like Miles Morales is where most people are having problem with crashes. I've read people are having to do a hard reboot in safe mode to get back going :/

I didn't have to reboot in safe mode, but it was a very hard crash. The system rebooted itself to be honest. Let it download all of teh updates it needed to and haven't tried to play the game again since. I'm honestly a little afraid. I don't think its happening exclusively with Miles Morales though... I think that;s just one of the games most people happen to be playing. I don't think any of the issues are peculiar to one game in particular.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I didn't have to reboot in safe mode, but it was a very hard crash. The system rebooted itself to be honest. Let it download all of teh updates it needed to and haven't tried to play the game again since. I'm honestly a little afraid. I don't think its happening exclusively with Miles Morales though... I think that;s just one of the games most people happen to be playing. I don't think any of the issues are peculiar to one game in particular.

The external hdd problem is definitely MM related. The patch notes from yesterday mentioned it. 

I had one crash in Sackboy on ps5, one on Valhalla for Series X. neitjer caused any lasting problems. 

31 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The external hdd problem is definitely MM related. The patch notes from yesterday mentioned it. 

I had one crash in Sackboy on ps5, one on Valhalla for Series X. neitjer caused any lasting problems. 

The external hdd occurred in other scenarios too, notably playing games off of one. Do you have a link to the notes that it was fixed? I’ve been hesitant to plug an external in because of the issues.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

The external HDD things has happened with other games too. Can you even play MM of a non-ssd external HD?

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Welp, no chance I snag a PS5 at 9PM tonight.  Wally World somehow sold out of the Nintendo Switch 7PM sale before the add to cart button even appeared on the webpage.

I refreshed 2 seconds before 8, the refresh hit right at 8, out of stock. 

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

I refreshed 2 seconds before 8, the refresh hit right at 8, out of stock. 

I just found out the secret, which may or may not work for everyone depending on your location.  I have had zero luck with ship-to-home options, but tonight I just scored the Switch+Mario Kart and.... MY PS5 ORDER WENT THROUGH!  *crosses fingers that it doesn't get cancelled*

My secret was chosing Store Pickup at a store in a lower population town, about 50 minutes away from where I live.  The two stores in my town, which is larger, kept giving me out of stock.  Conveniently for me, the store in the smaller town happens to be right next to my work so it's not going to be out of the way for me.

2 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I just found out the secret, which may or may not work for everyone depending on your location.  I have had zero luck with ship-to-home options, but tonight I just scored the Switch+Mario Kart and.... MY PS5 ORDER WENT THROUGH!  *crosses fingers that it doesn't get cancelled*

My secret was chosing Store Pickup at a store in a lower population town, about 50 minutes away from where I live.  The two stores in my town, which is larger, kept giving me out of stock.  Conveniently for me, the store in the smaller town happens to be right next to my work so it's not going to be out of the way for me.

Appreciate the tip but I am at my fuck it point and will just wait it out.

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I have had it crash and have a horrible noise without owning that game. 

Right... the issue is not limited to one particular game. Hopefully they get it ironed out. I played Miles tonight for an hour or two with no issues. When i finished there was another system update ready apparently. I shut the system down once the update was done... I am NOT comfortable leaving this system in rest mode.

The weird thing about that noise is so far it has only happened with Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Watch Dogs: Legion and once watchingsomething streaming. I only got past the first mission before it started making that sound. While playing Destiny 2, FF XIV and Sackboy for far longer and right after Legion the sound didn't happen. 

I think I still need to send it in but how do you even do that? I'll probably send it in next week if I can find who to contact.

Also I don't remember setting either my PS5 or TV to do this but turning my system on turns my TV. Turning off my TV turns off my PS5. 

11 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

You can change that  turning off "Enable HDMI Device Link" under System settings and HDMI

Cool ty! I'll probably turn it back on again but I need to test my tv just in case I'm wrong about where the sound is coming from. I just haven't had any issues with my tv and the sound was louder compared to my volume but that might be irrelevant? I'm going to kick myself if it's something else causing the problem.