PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

33 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

How is that even possible? Aren’t you using the stand? :p 

Lol yeah I am, I had the stand underneath where the disc drive is, so on the other side since that’s how it was tipping over. I knew the stand fit wasn’t quite right but I figured I’d adjust it later!

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Lol yeah I am, I had the stand underneath where the disc drive is, so on the other side since that’s how it was tipping over. I knew the stand fit wasn’t quite right but I figured I’d adjust it later!

Wait... so you had it like this?

94-A5-BB32-A89-C-4387-B0-F3-8-AD46625745
*not my photo :p 

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

It doesn't matter how you lay it down, it looks like it fell over and needs help getting up.

I still need to give my ps5 a permanent spot, currently it's just sitting on the top shelf of the tv stand. Kind of just sitting out in the open right now. Everytime I walk into the room, I hate it a little more :lol:. The one side is totally flat, and the front/bottom has too many curves with the floating look. It was totally designed to be stood vertical.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I still need to give my ps5 a permanent spot, currently it's just sitting on the top shelf of the tv stand. Kind of just sitting out in the open right now. Everytime I walk into the room, I hate it a little more :lol:. The one side is totally flat, and the front/bottom has too many curves with the floating look. It was totally designed to be stood vertical.

I have it vertical. It doesn’t make it any less ugly. 

ugly seinfeld GIF

• Haha 2

Stuff like Demon's Souls defaulting to performance mode gives me hope that people will start demanding more games hit that mark. 

Let this long reign of 30FPS bullshit finally be over! Console games are SO much more playable at 60. I don't feel like I'm missing out on the "real" version of Demon's Souls because it manages to both look nice and run well. Make THAT the standard!

I think I may need to call an exorcist because my PlayStation 5 may be possessed.  In all seriousness, it unfortunately appears my PS5 is a dud.  I cannot even play Astro's Playroom now as it just hardlocks my console.  My PS5 did have the coil whine others reported, but it also made a high pitched whistling sound in select games leading me to wonder if something more was going on with it and it looks like my hunch was right. :(

• Sad 4

45 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Stuff like Demon's Souls defaulting to performance mode gives me hope that people will start demanding more games hit that mark. 

Let this long reign of 30FPS bullshit finally be over! Console games are SO much more playable at 60. I don't feel like I'm missing out on the "real" version of Demon's Souls because it manages to both look nice and run well. Make THAT the standard!

Things that don't give me hope are people who still say 30 fps makes it feel "cinematic"

On that Giant Bomb video where they were showing the BC stuff Brad mentioned that (I think it was Ghosts of Tsushima) 60 was nice but the game loses a cinematic quality when turned to 60. Luckily Jeff said well that's fine for cutscenes (really it's not because it's jarring when a cut scene runs at 30 and the game runs at 60) but the gameplay should be 60.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Things that don't give me hope are people who still say 30 fps makes it feel "cinematic"

On that Giant Bomb video where they were showing the BC stuff Brad mentioned that (I think it was Ghosts of Tsushima) 60 was nice but the game loses a cinematic quality when turned to 60. Luckily Jeff said well that's fine for cutscenes (really it's not because it's jarring when a cut scene runs at 30 and the game runs at 60) but the gameplay should be 60.

Anyone who thinks a 30 FPS video game legitimately looks more "cinematic" is a dullard. And who the fuck plays games to emulate cinema to begin with? It's just like a weird fucking coping mechanism that some people have started taking seriously.

Also 60 FPS games with 30 FPS cutscenes can suck my taint. That shit is jarring and looks terrible. DESTINY.

My friend finally got his PS5 from my target order delivered. Don’t understand why target didn’t just change the address. Would have been so much easier instead of rerouting it and having it sit for 2 days in the fed ex distribution center near my house. 

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
dCi5Fdq7sD946GXMMsR2Mj-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Buyers say they recieved cat food, air fryers, and foot massagers instead of their new consoles

Would it be false advertising if they sent them a PS2 and a PS3 and claimed they add up to a PS5?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

So much this. 

My friend was over, I was showing him the new consoles. I put SM:MM on Fidelity mode to show him, and it felt unplayable. Its absolutely cool to show off for a minute or two, but hell no, give me framerates!

Its weird though, I’ve always had a PC, so its not like I didn’t know, but I generally only played online games on PC. I just got used to that being the console experience. 

I 1000%’d Spider-Man in 30fps, and it never bothered me. I also died a lot more, but I thought the hardest difficulty was just pretty hard. Nope, its so much more fluid that you just make far less mistakes. It wasn’t that it was hard, the shitty framerates and slowdown in big fights just made it seem harder. Not that it was ever Demon’s Souls, but I thought it was interesting to See the difference it made in my gameplay. 

god I hope they do some next gen mods for tLoU2

16 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

My PS5 came today. 

I'm guessing PC players have been enjoying this for a while now (I didn't want to buy the game twice), but I have to say No Man's Sky is almost like a new game on the PS5 compared to the base PS4. The load times alone are worth it, but it runs so much smoother. 

Everything runs smoother on both new consoles 

19 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

My PS5 came today. 

I'm guessing PC players have been enjoying this for a while now (I didn't want to buy the game twice), but I have to say No Man's Sky is almost like a new game on the PS5 compared to the base PS4. The load times alone are worth it, but it runs so much smoother. 

You're wrong. No one on PC is enjoying NMS.

• Haha 1

My console has randomly turned itself on twice now. One time I walked into the living room it beeped and started up. The only controller was sitting next to the console so nobody bumped it. The next night at like 12:30am I layed down in bed and a minute later heard the beep again. Come out to the living room and it's sitting on the login screen. I then definitely clicked turn off ps5 because the screen came up saying the console is shutting down. When I woke up in the morning, the console had the orange light glowing like it's in rest mode. Normal?