PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

Are bots to blame for this or just a ton of people? I had no trouble getting a PS4 reserved back then. I feel like Sony announced to the world at E3 that PS4 pre orders were going live and I had no trouble. Now every retailer practically stealth launches the day before and everything is sucked up in literal seconds and minutes. Maybe social media is to blame for spreading the word like wild fire?

34 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Are bots to blame for this or just a ton of people? I had no trouble getting a PS4 reserved back then. I feel like Sony announced to the world at E3 that PS4 pre orders were going live and I had no trouble. Now every retailer practically stealth launches the day before and everything is sucked up in literal seconds and minutes. Maybe social media is to blame for spreading the word like wild fire?

Yeah I pre ordered the PS4 off Amazon and had at like 11 am launch day no problem. Target better not fuck me.

Either the stock of ps5s really is super low or Sony only let them sell a certain amount because they aren’t sure what the final numbers will be? Not really sure how this stuff works. 

I didn’t buy a launch ps4 but I do remember it being a lot easier to preorder. 

Happened to check BB again and it shows able to pre-order. So I click and it goes alllll the way through to the”place order” page with no problem. Click place order and nothing.  Just spins and does nothing. Eventually bumped me back out to the cart and now I can’t even checkout again. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Happened to check BB again and it shows able to pre-order. So I click and it goes alllll the way through to the”place order” page with no problem. Click place order and nothing.  Just spins and does nothing. Eventually bumped me back out to the cart and now I can’t even checkout again. Lol. 

I've been clicking the final Place Order button for over 25 minutes. I don't know if I should give up

Just got one through Best Buy after a million clicks.  First credit card blocked me from ordering from there, so I had to use a second that required me to enter a code to verify my purchase.  By some miracle, despite entering a code, it went through after displaying a blank checkout page for a few minutes.  This is honestly the worst console pre-order I've ever had online.  The PS4 and Switch were simple to get through Best Buy, but yikes, this was a nightmare.  Glad I got it through Best Buy though for the reward points.  

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn Bestbuy is STILL showing untis for sale including the bundles. Dudes are gonna be pissed when they wake up and shit is sold out everywhere.

Yep, this is one messy launch.  I also just saw on Cheap Ass Gamer somebody mentioning a few individuals on Reddit stated their Amazon orders got cancelled.  I looked around Reddit, but couldn't locate the said post to confirm if this is true.  

Just now, Remarkableriots said:

I tried Amazon and it shows them currently unavailable. Does Best Best Buy charge when they ship or right away?

They do a temp charge on your card that goes away after around 5 days and then bill you when your item ships as Amazon does.  

Funny to see Digital Foundry having the same issues about trying to get their hands on a Pre-Order, so that they can produce their videos analyzing performance.

Always kinda assumed they'd get one provided them from Sony.  Didn't Sony send a bunch of PS4's out to press prior to launch to do reviews or analysis?

13 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Funny to see Digital Foundry having the same issues about trying to get their hands on a Pre-Order, so that they can produce their videos analyzing performance.

Always kinda assumed they'd get one provided them from Sony.  Didn't Sony send a bunch of PS4's out to press prior to launch to do reviews or analysis?

From watching the Giant Bomb stream it sounds like they have to buy it out of pocket. I'm not sure if it's because they are working from home, if maybe only Jeff G is getting one for reviews or if Sony isn't sending them out this time round.

3 minutes ago, The def star said:

From watching the Giant Bomb stream it sounds like they have to buy it out of pocket. I'm not sure if it's because they are working from home, if maybe only Jeff G is getting one for reviews or if Sony isn't sending them out this time round.

Oh ya hadn't thought about the working from home aspect.  Maybe each outlet would only get 1, so the other team members would need to try to secure their own.

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

Oh ya hadn't thought about the working from home aspect.  Maybe each outlet would only get 1, so the other team members would need to try to secure their own.

It was kinda weird hearing them discuss if they were going to pre order since they kinda all need one to be able to make quick looks and reviews for next gen games. I always though they would get one on the company dime.

Gonna make this its own thread since people were asking: PS5 will be "99 percent" backwards compatible with PS4 games

Ryan also said that of the thousands of games tested for PS4 backwards compatibility, “99 percent” can be played on the next console. Sony also announced a new service called PS Plus Collection, which will offer 18 PS4 first-party titles for download to subscribers to the PlayStation online service. It’s a tremendous freebie for anyone who plays their PlayStation online, and a good entry point for anyone new to Sony properties like “The Last of Us.”