PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

Just now, johnny said:

I’ve been clicking the fucking checkout button for like over an hour and now it’s sold out 🙃

Does it say sold out? because it might not be.

Just now, DarkStar189 said:

I keep getting a message at checkout now that says "we found this item out of stock" 

I got that a couple of times too. Refresh the preorder page again.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nah I take your word for it. I knew you did something with AI but didn't know exactly what. I wasn't really sure where you were on this Series S thing but like I said, I don't really see any of this tuff holding back the next gen and was really trying to see how this cross gen stuff on the PS5 would play with those folks who thought Halo infinite being on current gen consoles hurt IT as well. If you have inside knowledge on why the Series S is gonna hold back the next gen that isn't based on speculation then please share. I can only go by what I'm reading and a lot of devs are saying it won't :shrug:

Halo Infinite is supposedly the only Halo we will get the entire generation. Sony didn't declare Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart as the only game in the series this generation. So the question is why would people want to play Halo Infinite for the next 7 years or longer when other games will look vastly superior to it in the next couple years. Also some current gen games already look way better.

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

Halo Infinite is supposedly the only Halo we will get the entire generation. Sony didn't declare Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart as the only game in the series this generation. So the question is why would people want to play Halo Infinite for the next 7 years or longer when other games will look vastly superior to it in the next couple years. Also some current gen games already look way better.

:peace:

Finally caught up on the end of the video.  Going to watch the 4K trailers next.

I think $399/499 is pretty much spot on.  The disc console is priced on par with Series X, which is to say, a premium product.  That's the right call in spite of what it may or may not do better.  Because the $399 All-Digital machine is what's most important.  It's not as cheap as Series S, and won't win the lowest end consumer.  But from a value standpoint, it's shots fired in a 'you get what you pay for' kind of way.

I also think adding value to PS Plus with a larger game library is a huge deal.  It's so much better than them trying to further position PS Now as a Games Pass competitor.  Adding significant value to the lower rung service lets them compete on subscription price.  (which is, ironically, opposite to how the hardware is positioned relative to MS)  People with discs might also feel better about the Digital Edition because of what is available.

The launch line-up from Sony is also surprisingly solid.  It's a B on paper.  When we're used to F's and D's and occasionally C's.  Just being honest - console launch line-ups haven't been particularly good since the Gamecube and Xbox.

Biggest dissapointment: I'm surprised to hear that Horizon 2 is getting a PS4 version.  Its initial trailer looked more impressive than any other game shown so far this year.  To think that current gen might be holding it back a bit is unfortunate.    But that also means games will get even more impressive than it as the gen goes on.  (I'd say similar things about the Hellblade 2 teaser)