PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to PlayStation 5 (09 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: Standard Edition - $499/Digital Edition - $399
11 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It is not graphically impressive at all.

Maybe not, but I really like they way it looks. It doesn't look bad at all, just maybe not what people are expecting from next gen. It really looks like a sequel to FFXIV and that is great. You could also say the art is similar to 12 which is also good. 

God Of War 2 announcement was the coolest part about this for me. RE8 looks great yeah but the developer video thing they put out was a lot more interesting than this and at least showed a little bit of gameplay. 

As a Souls fanboy, I'll be honest and say I'm not into the Demon's Souls remake. It looks really impressive graphically but from what I've seen here, the gameplay itself and especially the sound design was really weird. Granted, I've played the game for hundreds of hours and mostly with headphones so it's probably nitpicky to most, but it 'feels' very different based on what they've shown so far, not really into it. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to PlayStation 5 (12 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: Standard Edition - $499/Digital Edition - $399
2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

$100 seems like a big difference. If the price delta between retail and digital games remains what it is now, I'd certainly make that difference up.

I want the disc drive solely for blu rays. I was shocked by the price of standalone 4k blu ray players when I checked a few weeks ago. Like $170+. That $100 difference isn't so bad in that context. 

I'll probably wait until Summer anyway... the Harry Potter game is supposedly multiplat, and FFXVI has a pretty good chance of being a timed exclusive, and Demon's Souls isn't my thing. The only two games I'd be looking forward to are GoW2 and Ratchet and Clank, and R&C doesn't exactly make me want to run out and pick up a system.

By the time I get one, Miles Morales and R&C will probably already have a price drop.

Just now, atom631 said:

how does it work? i think i paid $10 bux more to preorder COD and i thought that was the point. am i wasting the money? 

I think if you bought the PS5 version they toss in the PS4 version as well... I think. Same with Xbox.

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

how does it work? i think i paid $10 bux more to preorder COD and i thought that was the point. am i wasting the money? 

Then you're technically buying a PS4 game thatll upgrade to a PS5 game.  

Xbox Smart Delivery I think let's u use whatever disk.  I think Sony is going to have seperate SKUs so you'd prob need to have the PS4 Sku to work in the PS4 and PS5.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Hmmmm Final Fantasy meets Game of Thrones, eh? Those voices DO NOT fit those faces :lol:

I need a new Dragon Age.

I don't know how to feel about the action. But then, I haven't played the FF7 remake yet. I guess it works? Part of me kinda just wishes they'd go back to making old school rpg's. 

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Then you're technically buying a PS4 game thatll upgrade to a PS5 game.  

Xbox Smart Delivery I think let's u use whatever disk.  I think Sony is going to have seperate SKUs so you'd prob need to have the PS4 Sku to work in the PS4 and PS5.

No.. CoD isn't using Smart Delivery. It's the same bullshit... if you buy the XBO version, you can play it on the Series X and it'll work due to back compat. But it won't be the Series X version. If you buy the series X version, you get the XBO version as well... it's the same deal with PS.

Just now, XxEvil AshxX said:

I don't know how to feel about the action. But then, I haven't played the FF7 remake yet. I guess it works? Part of me kinda just wishes they'd go back to making old school rpg's. 

I played a demo of FF 7 and the combat was... okay? Maybe it gets better the further you get into the game but this weird Hybrid of active time battle and real time combat didn't quite work for me. 

• Like 1