BO Report: COVID plagues the box office, movies drop 60%-70% across the board

Our indoor theater was dead and we made the move to close today, likely for 2 months.

Our drive in theater was UP by 40% over the previous weekend...

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Our indoor theater was dead and we made the move to close today, likely for 2 months.

Our drive in theater was UP by 40% over the previous weekend...

Going to drive on down to Houston and have sex in your drive-in, and there's nothing you can do to stop me, 'cause corona. 

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

https://www.thewrap.com/regal-becomes-first-national-us-theater-chain-to-close-all-locations-amidst-coronavirus-crisis/

Regal is closing all locations. I am 100% sure the rest of the chains will be making similar announcements because there are lots of rumblings that the studios are about to pull all theatrical product on Thursday.

With no new releases for weeks and huge drops for everything, I guess it makes a lot of sense. Still so freaking weird to see, you know?

https://deadline.com/2020/03/amc-to-close-u-s-chain-for-6-to-12-weeks-due-to-coronavirus-concerns-1202885217/

AMC is closing for at least 6 weeks. Cinemark is going to announce the same tomorrow from what I’m hearing. All the studios are going to pull their current product from theaters and put it up on premium VOD to try and recoup some of the lost revenue.