Official Xbox Backwards Compatibility Thread

skillzdadirecta

6 minutes ago, ARZ said:

New additions today :)

Just Cause

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

astlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

I saw that when I was in line at the bank... then drove straight to a Gamestop to grab Lords of Shadow before the inevitable price hike. There was never a digital version of the game due to MS not knowing how to tackle the multiple disc situation at the time. They've since retro-actively made digital versions of Splinter Cell Blacklist, RAGE, and Mass Effect, but that's with publishers that aren't Konami. So unless they get the rights to sell a digital version of that game, Gamestop or your local retro gaming shop will be the only place to pick up a copy if you don't already have one.

You can bet your ass Gamestop knows this.

Man, I'm getting pretty stoked. I've had a list of all my digital games on Xbox 360 to keep track of what I owned (my 20 GB launch HDD required constant housekeeping) and I've updated it consistently over they years to denote which games were BC now and out of the 136 digital games I have logged, only 32 of them have yet to be made BC. Out of those games there really are only a handful that I'd really like to have updated. Games like Charlie Murder, Conan, TMNT Arcade, X-Men Arcade, RE: Code Veronica, etc. 

I'm pretty excited that Mirror of Fate HD is BC now. I never got to finish that one.

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

yeah I played the crap out of that one too. Such a shame the company went under

The sad part is the game was profitable, it did well. Unfortunately all of the money went into an MMO, not being made by the same devs, that was never going to happen.

• 2 months later...

Is there a more appropriate reason to necro the XBO BC thread? 

RE:CV available today and now my RE collection is complete. Although, I am dreading what it's going to look like, cuz it looked awful on 360 in 720p :(

EDIT: Okay, I downloaded and played about ten minutes of RE:CV and it still looks... poor. BUT the upscaler does a pretty good job of cleaning things up so the polygons are at least nice and clean, even if the textures are blurry shit. My main gripe with the port (besides that it was always an inferior version than the OG Dreamcast version) was that there was no built-in brightness slider for the game, it relies on me to crank up the brightness on my tv, which like everyone else that's got their shit calibrated, ain't gonna happen. Thankfully my 4k tv has a much better picture than the old lcd tv that my 360 was hooked up to, so it's not as much of an issue.

Dz8da_jVYAE70kE.png

Also:

Dz8dMBWUYAA1MU8.pngDz8dNQPV4AAcHh0.pngDz8dOXWUwAAj1rw.pngDz8dPzuVYAE6Ar8.png

3 minutes ago, ARZ said:

Wow....Lost Planet. I stopped playing that SO long ago, lol

It's actually pretty fun if you put it on easy :lol:

I know what you mean though, it's hard to believe that series made it to FOUR games. My today's standards, the sales from all four games combined would've been considered a failure for one title.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It's actually pretty fun if you put it on easy :lol:

I know what you mean though, it's hard to believe that series made it to FOUR games. My today's standards, the sales from all four games combined would've been considered a failure for one title.

There were four games? I only thought there were three... The second was multiplayer only right and the third was a Dead Space Ripoff. I always wanted to play the third game.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There were four games? I only thought there were three... The second was multiplayer only right and the third was a Dead Space Ripoff. I always wanted to play the third game.

Oh, my bad. I guess the game I thought was the fourth one was just a re-package of the first one. Like a Complete Edition. So yeah I guess it was just a trilogy.

I think Lost Planet 2 was designed to be a co-op game that could be played single player, but kinda sucked as a single player game, iirc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They added Ninja Gaiden 2 to the BC list! This has been one of my most wanted BC games. Not only that they Xbox One X enhanced it so it plays at 4k 60fps :epilepsy:

They also added other BC games to the X enhanced list like the Splinter Cell games.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/ninja-gaiden-2-is-now-backwards-compatible-with-xb/1100-6466306/

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No Pandora Tomorrow no care.

I just replayed that about a year ago. Man that game is rough lol.

I actually wish they'd do a "greatest hits" remake like they did with Hitman Contracts and Tomb Raider Anniversary back in the day. Pick a handful of the best missions of the trilogy and give them a full on face-lift.

• 2 years later...

Microsoft has added over 70+ more games to the backwards compatibility list.

Back-Compat-Hero_JPG.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

At Xbox, we believe in celebrating gaming and preserving its legacy. No other art form offers the opportunity to be immersed in expansive universes through the combination of stunning visuals, evocative music, emotion-driven storytelling and interactive, living worlds. Since 2015, the backward compatibility program for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S has made it possible […]

back-compat.png

While Microsoft said two years ago it had "no plans to add additional original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog," the surprise addition of more than 70 games will be the final time we'll see new backward compatible games. "While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints," explains Peggy Lo.