~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

29 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Let's fucking do it dude

He is tanking in the polls but there could be 1 mil dead come Nov the 1st and he would have a decent shot at re-election if he just gave people the money they need.

It's the simplest thing. I guess it's ideology possibly stupidity preventing it.

3 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

He is tanking in the polls but there could be 1 mil dead come Nov the 1st and he would have a decent shot at re-election if he just gave people the money they need.

It's the simplest thing. I guess it's ideology possibly stupidity preventing it.

They can legitimately buy votes with government checks and they are too dumb to do it. They only like illegal bribery.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

But what if someone undeserving gets helped?

It really drives me fucking crazy that so many cons think like this. Billions spent in foreign aid? Who cares. But if you know some person who gets welfare and isn't actively looking for a job, time to get FURIOUS!

Just now, Jose said:

It really drives me fucking crazy that so many cons think like this. Billions spent in foreign aid? Who cares. But if you know some person who gets welfare and isn't actively looking for a job, time to get FURIOUS!

My favorite thing is when lower class conservatives say “I paid for that” about other poor people.

Nah fam, you’re on the government dole too. I see you with that $10k income tax refund check with your $30k a year income.

23 minutes ago, Jose said:

I mean, half of the reason the program is as unwieldy as it is, and relies upon past years income such as it does, is because of the bipartisan ideology of means testing on the front end, rather than universal programs compensated by a progressive income tax system as a "means test" on the back end.

3 hours ago, chakoo said:

That's something I always worry about.

How many businesses that were clinging to life at the hopes of a quick decline and quick recovery are throwing in the towel now that a likely pattern of opening, small recovery, virus surge, close back down over and over again for the next 6 monthes is looking more and more likely?

I think the same of landlords. I think many of the people who were inclined to see this as a natural disaster in March and April and hold off on evictions prior to the patchwork of moratoriums going into place have now been fed monthes of GOP talking points about how Trump has already fixed the problem, cured the virus, things are back to normal! So why aren't people paying? 

Honestly, if that's what it takes to get Trump out office, I hope the economy completely falls off a cliff. We need news reports with live footage of teeming masses on the street to shock people into doing something about this historic mess. The economy is always what kills the incumbent president.

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

Honestly, if that's what it takes to get Trump out office, I hope the economy completely falls off a cliff. We need news reports with live footage of teeming masses on the street to shock people into doing something about this historic mess. The economy is always what kills the incumbent president.

I look forward to Tom Cotton running on fixing the Biden economy in 2024.

35 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

What is this 1619 project, and why am I hearing so much about it now?

It's a project started by the NYT last year telling the history of the US from the perspective of slaves and their ancestors. It's made a lot of racist white folk really unhappy.

I think it started getting more attention again after the BLM protests and some schools adding a few essays from the 1619 Project to their remote learning curriculum.

55 minutes ago, chakoo said:

:facepalm:

These idiots seem to be fine with being full steam ahead with a cascading economic collapse at the end of the year. 

They're banking on using any looming collapses to blame on Biden, were he to win. Even if that doesn't make any sense, it may make enough sense to help them win back seats in Congress come midterm elections.

11 hours ago, chakoo said:

:facepalm:

These idiots seem to be fine with being full steam ahead with a cascading economic collapse at the end of the year. 

HEY, they seriously needed to take 2/3rds of July off knowing that the PUA was expiring the week they got back.

• Guillotine 1

12 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

They're banking on using any looming collapses to blame on Biden, were he to win. Even if that doesn't make any sense, it may make enough sense to help them win back seats in Congress come midterm elections.

This. They know Biden is going to win and they’re trying to sabotage the economy he will inherit.

36 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

This. They know Biden is going to win and they’re trying to sabotage the economy he will inherit.

You can already see it with the GOP's latest stimulus. The UI boost, such that it is, only goes until December.

It's the same shit they did to Obama