~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Speaking of insurance, you can bet that the insurance companies will be raising premiums by a fuck ton next year. 

Yep, just see the twitter thread I posted here a day or two ago from a former insurance exec. Insurance companies will make a killing from covid 

• Guillotine 2

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I almost feel guilty for not only being able to work from home, but also being employed by Highmark.  Insurance companies really are the devil.

Of course, I don't want to lose my job either because...well, even evil people have to eat and make rent.

BUtIVG6.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Speaking of insurance, you can bet that the insurance companies will be raising premiums by a fuck ton next year. 

They go up like 15% every single year anyway. I wonder where the tipping point is for most people? How far can they push before it all blows up in their faces. It's so ridiculous already... I don't understand how any single person is okay with how health care works in this country.

Maybe this shit will finally push normal people so far that something actually changes and these fucking health insurance executives are finally held accountable for the misery they've put out into the world. FUCK THEM ALL.

We should be storming every health insurance office building in the country and putting the executives in front of a kangaroo court. All the heads on pikes. Don't fucking care any more. They are killing people. They are all monsters and the era of them milking profits off human misery needs to end. No sympathy for any of them. FUCK THEM ALL. KEEP RAISING OUR RATES FUCKERS. See how far you can push it. Keep pushing.

• Guillotine 1

10 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

For that to be a new reaction, one of the others has to die.

Since it's basically the same message as the guillotine, I swapped it in as the image for the guillotine reaction. It's easy to swap the guillotine back in later if we want to.

[edit] I renamed it to. Basically overall just better I think to edit an existing one's image and name than to do a kill/replace if they express basically the same sentiment.

• Guillotine 2

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Since it's basically the same message as the guillotine, I swapped it in as the image for the guillotine reaction. It's easy to swap the guillotine back in later if we want to.

[edit] I renamed it to. Basically overall just better I think to edit an existing one's image and name than to do a kill/replace if they express basically the same sentiment.

Upvote

Haha

Shocked

Guillotine

Coronavirus

Sad

D'oh!

I’ve been taking somewhat seriously the task of prepping my parents for four more years of Trump.  They’re center-lefty boomers in their early-to-mid-seventies who openly worry they won’t be around for many more presidents and they can’t conceive of people voting to re-elect Trump over Biden, because of Trump’s general awfulness and Biden’s ‘electability.’  I think the fact that they can’t see how weak a candidate he is actually partially explains how he’s the presumptive nominee and not someone who can actually win in November.

Honestly at this point part of me is thinking of advising them to just not pay attention to politics.  No need to bum yourself out when you’re their age.  Let us young folk bear the weight.  But then I think of what happens if *everyone* their age were to follow that advice, and...:notsure: